Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock Creek Christian Academy (MD) 22 Johnson Central 14
Final from JC.
Tough fought game , total defensive battle, hats off to both teams, will be good for Eagles down the road. Congrats to Rock creek
Dang. Must have been a solid team to hold jc to 14. But this does give me an Avenue to voice my complaint. KHsaa needs to do something about the out of state RPI calculations. It does not good- on paper anyways- to play a solid out of state team. If you win, we’ll it’s a .500 team. Lose it’s the same way. But that’s what I’m saying. A Ky team that’s solid probably has a good schedule and their opponents win %. So it’s not that bad if you get beat. Or not as bad. But an out of state team… it’s a different story. No solid RPI for them, or their opponents. I guess I’m looking at it as a glass half empty, but that kills me. Obviously it helps prepare the team on the field, but outside of that, what’s the other advantage of doing it?
Rock creek may Possibly be the most disrespectful program I’ve ever saw in my 53 years Fans, players, coaches. I’d consider it a huge moral victory for the golden eagles always a class act every time I’ve visited.
This Rock Creek team was good. These past two weeks have been some of the best regular season competition Johnson Central has had in years. These last two weeks will really help to prepare JC for the playoffs.

It was a strange game for JC tonight. They struggled to have any explosive plays without their top two running backs. On defense they held Rock Creek to only one first down the entire night but they gave up 3 long touchdown plays. JC could have a really tough defense if they clean up the explosive plays in the passing game.
No excuses, they were the better team tonight.
Speed kills. They had plenty, we had none.
The eagles will rebound they always do
Congrats to Rock Creek. They had lots of long, lean players with speed.
(09-17-2021, 11:12 PM)Gold River Wrote: Rock creek may Possibly be the most disrespectful program I’ve ever saw in my 53 years Fans, players, coaches. I’d consider it a huge moral victory for the golden eagles always a class act every time I’ve visited.
They bring a lot of fans? What happened?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • BEChargers
Keep your heads up Johnson Central! sounds like a very good ballgame.
(09-17-2021, 11:44 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 11:12 PM)Gold River Wrote: Rock creek may Possibly be the most disrespectful program I’ve ever saw in my 53 years Fans, players, coaches. I’d consider it a huge moral victory for the golden eagles always a class act every time I’ve visited.
They bring a lot of fans? What happened?
They traveled as well as some district opponents and give or take the 50 some Jv players that had there own pep section in the bleachers. Just real mouthy and a lot of unnecessary stuff after the whistle ripping helmets off players finally got the personal on the 2nd or 3rd time around for that. I think rock creek had possibly 2 first downs total while central moved the ball very well. The scoreboard Doesn’t tell the story they had speed and the ability to burn the DBs the quarterback had all day in the pocket central DL put little to no pressure on him. They get that DL fixed and putting pressure on the ball the speed Doesn’t matter.
(09-17-2021, 11:08 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Dang. Must have been a solid team to hold jc to 14. But this does give me an Avenue to voice my complaint. KHsaa needs to do something about the out of state RPI calculations. It does not good- on paper anyways- to play a solid out of state team. If you win, we’ll it’s a .500 team. Lose it’s the same way.  But that’s what I’m saying. A Ky team that’s solid probably has a good schedule and their opponents win %.  So it’s not that bad if you get beat. Or not as bad. But an out of state team… it’s a different story. No solid RPI for them, or their opponents. I guess I’m looking at it as a glass half empty, but that kills me. Obviously it helps prepare the team on the field, but outside of that, what’s the other advantage of doing it?

The .500 only accounts for Opponent's Opponent's Winning Percentage in the RPI. Whatever Rock Creek's winning percentage is at the end of the season will be what is factored into the RPI. It's their OOP which will be locked in at .500. OOP usually averages out in the .400-.600 range anyways for most teams so it really doesn't swing things as much as you'd think.

Edit: Since it's a loss I guess Rock Creek won't really factor into the RPI at all, but you get my point.
Does anybody know if and when Johnson Central's injured running backs are expected to return to the lineup?
Keep your heads up Golden Eagles!!! While most everybody hates you (not really); most everybody is praying hard for you, the team, community and Matney!! It's got to be impossible playing for you guys right now and believe me, most of us empathize with you!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Bull got out!, Old guy
(09-18-2021, 01:59 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Keep your heads up Golden Eagles!!!  While most everybody hates you (not really); most everybody is praying hard for you, the team, community and Matney!!  It's got to be impossible playing for you guys right now and believe me, most of us empathize with you!!!
No doubt about it Granny I have really thought alot about their situation. The Head Coach of a program is the leader, the captain of the ship if you will and without him there is definitely some amount of trouble and chaos. I won't guess on how much it affects Central but I will say that there was one game I was party to that the Head Coach was not present for. He was having some health issues as well but this has been many years ago and walking into that game we were just  disorientated and demoralized. Central seems to be handling it much better than I did, and that speaks to the conviction, and perseverance Coach Matney has instilled in those boys. Good Luck Eagles going forward, my prayers have been filled of words for both you and Coach Matney.
Rock Creek Christian Academy is a good football team....... they would easily be ranked in the overall Top 5 in KY.

JC's last two games have been against the toughest teams we have played this early in the season in YEARS if not ever..... not too mention in back-to-back weeks. These are the types of teams that JC needs to play to prepare for another state title run. JC played without two of their main RB's & everybody knows they are without their head coach.

JC's coaches & team staff are doing an excellent job rallying the team and keeping everybody on the same page with all they've had to deal with..... Matney's illness, a Covid cancellation game against Lexington Catholic & the circus that was Bishop Sycamore. So JC went two weeks without playing a game.... JC hasn't even got to stretch their legs yet. We should have five games so far, but we only have three and two of those three games were against some incredible talent.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 2 users Like Pulp Fiction's post:
  • jetpilot, Old guy
(09-18-2021, 09:59 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Rock Creek Christian Academy is a good football team....... they would easily be ranked in the overall Top 5 in KY.

JC's last two games have been against the toughest teams we have played this early in the season in YEARS if not ever..... not too mention in back-to-back weeks.  These are the types of teams that JC needs to play to prepare for another state title run.  JC played without two of their main RB's & everybody knows they are without their head coach.

JC's coaches  & team staff are doing an excellent job rallying the team and keeping everybody on the same page with all they've had to deal with..... Matney's illness, a Covid cancellation game against Lexington Catholic & the circus that was Bishop Sycamore.  So JC went two weeks without playing a game.... JC hasn't even got to stretch their legs yet.  We should have five games so far, but we only have three and two of those three games were against some incredible talent.
No. They are ranked #127 in MD and in a rare coincidence would also be ranked #127 overall in KY per Calpreps.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • 64SUR
(09-19-2021, 06:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 09:59 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: Rock Creek Christian Academy is a good football team....... they would easily be ranked in the overall Top 5 in KY.

JC's last two games have been against the toughest teams we have played this early in the season in YEARS if not ever..... not too mention in back-to-back weeks.  These are the types of teams that JC needs to play to prepare for another state title run.  JC played without two of their main RB's & everybody knows they are without their head coach.

JC's coaches  & team staff are doing an excellent job rallying the team and keeping everybody on the same page with all they've had to deal with..... Matney's illness, a Covid cancellation game against Lexington Catholic & the circus that was Bishop Sycamore.  So JC went two weeks without playing a game.... JC hasn't even got to stretch their legs yet.  We should have five games so far, but we only have three and two of those three games were against some incredible talent.
No. They are ranked #127 in MD and in a rare coincidence would also be ranked #127 overall in KY per Calpreps.
Overall top 5 might be a stretch, but they'd definitely be in the 4A Top 5. Their only loss was at St Edward, the number two team in Ohio, and they hammered Archbishop Carroll. Brand new program so Calpreps has no historical data to go on for them and very little data so far this season. Have seen Central play Boyle, Corbin, and Franklin (and Pikeville too), and have never seen speed - well coached speed - all over the field like that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diogenes's post:
  • jetpilot
(09-19-2021, 06:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

The CalPreps ranking is not likely very accurate. Last year would have been the first season of football for the team but Maryland canceled the football season. St. Edwards crushed Rock Creek in their first game and Rock Creek put a running clock score on the second team on their schedule. However, with four D1 recruits on the roster and a head coach who played at IU, a season with the Baltimore Ravens, and had a 28-14 record as head coach at National Christian Academy in Fort Washington, Maryland, on paper the team does not look like one that would be ranked #127 in Kentucky. Several NCA players followed Rock Creek's coach to Rock Creek when he left NCA.

The absence of JC's leading rusher Mason Lawson was a blow both to the defense and offense; and their second-leading rusher, Zach McCoart, also missed the game with an injury. A loss is a loss but some of JC's running backs got some valuable experience against a quality opponent. Normally, JC would have thrown a few deep passes to loosen up the defense, but according to the announcers, Rock Creek did a very good job covering JC's receivers and kept good pressure on Grant Rice, so there was only one pass attempt made.

JC was held under 3 yards rushing per carry. Johnson Central's defense played very well except for giving up three big TD plays. Even with Lawson and McCoart in the lineup, Rock Creek might have beaten JC but it probably would have been a higher scoring game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot