• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Corbin 52 Somerset 6
Final.

Congratulations Red Hounds!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hound05
Way to go Hounds!
Corbin looks red hot
Not really much to say about this game. We knew what somerset was. They knew what they were. Outside of a complete meltdown, we all knew the outcome. But… hats off to somerset, they never quit, played clean. Can’t ask for much more in a game like this. Good luck the rest of the year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • BobcatForever, foozeball80
I was proud of our defense tonight. Looked like we were ready. Bodies flying all over the field. Love a good defense. Somerset had some things I liked, watching them on offense. That passing game worked on some plays and I could see the potential for down the road. I liked there defense. Its just not there time yet but it will come. Great sportsmanship from the Somerset players. Overall just a good performance from our team to get to the bye week.
(09-17-2021, 11:52 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I was proud of our defense tonight. Looked like we were ready. Bodies flying all over the field. Love a good defense. Somerset had some things I liked, watching them on offense. That passing game worked on some plays and I could see the potential for down the road. I liked there defense. Its just not there time yet but it will come. Great sportsmanship from the Somerset players. Overall just a good performance from our team to get to the bye week.
Yea I was surprised by their D on that first drive. And they do have some players. That WR they have. The tall one. He could do some damage if they could get the ball in his vicinity. I don’t see them being down to long. 

but yea. Our D looked like mad men out there. Swarming everywhere.
What a joke.

(09-18-2021, 12:39 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: What a joke.

The funny part is the joke doesn’t have the balls to call me.

(09-18-2021, 12:39 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: What a joke.

(09-18-2021, 12:39 AM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: What a joke.

The funny part is the joke doesn’t have the balls to call me.

Call me, my phone is on….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bossdaddy 4115's post:
  • TD Hounds
There are a few teams that are elite in the state. Corbin is definitely one of them.

The score doesn’t surprise me. And to be honest, the comments I’m seeing about the SHS defense doesn’t surprise me. If they were able to sustain offensive drives and give the defense rest, they’d be alright.

Kudos to the Corbin fans and their team. Go win the dang thing!
Just want to say Kudos to the Somerset players and fan base, wasnt the score I expected or wanted to see but Corbin kids where being subbed in and out by 2nd half and I thought Somerset players played exceptionally hard for their team. Other than that I’m gonna keep my thoughts to myself, except for one thing. Why is it that Corbin’s starting QB can’t seem able to throw a pass other than a bubble screen? Especially when all 11 defensive players are in the box? And I don’t think it’s the QB’s fault…
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • GreyStoke
(09-18-2021, 02:24 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Just want to say Kudos to the Somerset players and fan base, wasnt the score I expected or wanted to see but Corbin kids where being subbed in and out by 2nd half and I thought Somerset players played exceptionally hard for their team.  Other than that I’m gonna keep my thoughts to myself, except for one thing.  Why is it that Corbin’s starting QB can’t seem able to throw a pass other than a bubble screen?  Especially when all 11 defensive players are in the box?  And I don’t think it’s the QB’s fault…

I don’t get to see this group on the regular but I have to think that with the rest of the schedule they face (from Pulaski - Campbell County) that they’re not gonna show all the cards until they get to late playoff rounds. Too many weapons to not utilize them effectively. 

That’s only a guess.
Lordy.
(09-18-2021, 03:09 AM)GreyStoke Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 02:24 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Just want to say Kudos to the Somerset players and fan base, wasnt the score I expected or wanted to see but Corbin kids where being subbed in and out by 2nd half and I thought Somerset players played exceptionally hard for their team.  Other than that I’m gonna keep my thoughts to myself, except for one thing.  Why is it that Corbin’s starting QB can’t seem able to throw a pass other than a bubble screen?  Especially when all 11 defensive players are in the box?  And I don’t think it’s the QB’s fault…

I don’t get to see this group on the regular but I have to think that with the rest of the schedule they face (from Pulaski - Campbell County) that they’re not gonna show all the cards until they get to late playoff rounds. Too many weapons to not utilize them effectively. 

That’s only a guess.
That was also my thought .  Playing some possum, perhaps. Leaving some things out there to spring on the big boys in December? That's the only reason I can think of.
Play calling going from haddix to greer.

While I understand the statements above about not showing our total package, I don’t agree that’s the case. I also think not playing your game and playing possum for weeks won’t help anything either.

I also was concerned with Corbin’s D after Pulaski co game. I know they only scored 6 but Corbin gave up some big plays. I’m am concerned about a team spreading us out.
(09-22-2021, 02:54 PM)Red Bunch Wrote: Play calling going from haddix to greer.

While I understand the statements above about not showing our total package, I don’t agree that’s the case.  I also think not playing your game and playing possum for weeks won’t help anything either.

I also was concerned with Corbin’s D after Pulaski co game. I know they only scored 6 but Corbin gave up some big plays. I’m am concerned about a team spreading us out.
What kind of offense did Franklin County run against them?
Our defense had a starter out against Pulaski on the D Line, I will agree I didn't like giving up those passing yards but Its good training because we have a Simon Kenton team that will attempt to do the same thing in 2 weeks. Don't forget our teams defensive effort against Christ School and Franklin and Somerset and Whitley County. Holding Pulaski to 6 points vs say Boyle who gave up 29 points to the same team isn't as bad as it seems. I'll have to say, it was a little hard for our defense to get up for that game after the performance they gave a week before against Franklin County. I know Somerset was down, but our defensive effort was unreal, smothering. I was very happy.

(09-22-2021, 07:08 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-22-2021, 02:54 PM)Red Bunch Wrote: Play calling going from haddix to greer.

While I understand the statements above about not showing our total package, I don’t agree that’s the case.  I also think not playing your game and playing possum for weeks won’t help anything either.

What kind of offense did Franklin County run against them?

Moorman Raid!
Corbin was lucky in this one. The refs cheated.
(09-23-2021, 01:51 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Corbin was lucky in this one. The refs cheated.

Now Lebron James, the refs didn't cheat, I talked to a bunch of Franklin parents and they all was congratulating us and saying we had a good team. Franklin fans will vouch for that. Good grief.
(09-23-2021, 01:51 PM)jamesclay Wrote: Corbin was lucky in this one. The refs cheated.

I like being Lucky LOL.

keep that diarrhea of the mouth masked.
(09-23-2021, 06:11 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Now Lebron James, the refs didn't cheat, I talked to a bunch of Franklin parents and they all was congratulating us and saying we had a good team. Franklin fans will vouch for that. Good grief.

I think it really is Lebron.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
I would have to agree. From my angle which was right behind the goal. It looked like one of bakers XP was wide left. Should have been 51-6
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!