Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worried Trump could 'go rogue,' Milley took secret action to protect nuclear weapons
(09-15-2021, 09:23 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 09:12 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:57 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:52 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:45 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Hoot, seems there is more to the story than what Woodward reported.

Will you check out the rest of the book to see if he says anything else  you like?  Big Grin 

A small riot at the Capitol to usurp the election process and injure Congressmen.
So, the Democrat talking points have been distributed and the Biden apologists are at it again.
Outsider posted what happened according to other reports.  
Which do you believe?  
Woodward? 
or those reports that support Milley’s decisions? 

seems like both are Democrat talking points.  Big Grin 

do you support Woodward’s assessment that Trump was attempting to steal the election?

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gen-jac...of-context

Go ahead and bow out @TheRealThing

“General Jack Keane: I think these are responsible actions that are being taken, not the contrary. Based on what the Pentagon is reporting and the feedback we’re getting from Jennifer Griffin and I trust her and her sources, by the way, they have been impeccable in the past and I take them at face value here, I don’t see anything that is undermining the civilian control of the military. If you took the facts that are being reported and I think being sensationalized in the media.“
As I have already said, I consider Woodward a liberal political hack and have no plans to buy or read his book. Trump says that if the allegations are true, then Milley committed treason. Until I see evidence that Trump authorized Esper and/or Milley to conduct foreign policy on his behalf, then there is no reason to believe that was the case.
Huh 
Are literally waiting for the biggest liar on the history of the planet to tell you what to think? 

puke.
No, I am not waiting for you to tell me what to think. What a strange admission to make!  Big Grin

On a more serious note, now might be a good time for Milley to hire a good lawyer. His testimony on 28 September is going to be a legal minefield.
Quote:
“Unprecedented Act of Insubordination” – Trump’s Acting Defense Secretary Christopher Miller Says He Never Authorized Milley’s China Calls 

According to a new book “Peril” written by Bob Woodward, Mark Milley, the Joint Chiefs chairman, told China in a secret phone call that he would give advance warning if the US was ever going to attack.

“In a pair of secret phone calls (Oct. 20 and Jan. 8), Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, assured his Chinese counterpart, Gen. Li Zuocheng of the PLA, that the U.S. would not strike, according to the new book written by Washington Post associate editor Bob Woodward and national political editor Robert Costa.

On January 8, 2021, the same day Milley reportedly spoke to China in a secret phone call, CNN ran a story claiming Pelosi had gotten assurances from Milley there are safeguards in place in the event President Trump wants to launch a nuclear weapon.

According to Fox News, 15 people were present when Milley called China on teleconference in October, which was coordinated with then-Defense Secretary Mark Esper’s office (Trump eventually fired Esper).

Milley released a statement through a spokesman that confirmed the reporting in the new book Peril by Bob Woodward and Robert Costa that stated Milley had two conversations with his counterpart in the Chinese military that undermined President Trump.

Christopher Miller, Trump’s Acting Secretary of Defense from the 2020 election through Inauguration Day, called Milley’s phone calls an “unprecedented act of insubordination” in a statement to Fox News.

Quote:“The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff is the highest-ranking military officer whose sole role is providing military-specific advice to the president, and by law is prohibited from exercising executive authority to command forces,” Miller said. “The chain of command runs from the President to the Secretary of Defense, not through the Chairman.”

“If the reporting in Woodward’s book is accurate, it represents a disgraceful and unprecedented act of insubordination by the Nation’s top military officer,” Miller said, adding that if the story of Milley’s “histrionic outbursts and unsanctioned, anti-Constitutional involvement in foreign policy prove true, he must resign immediately or be fired by the Secretary of Defense to guarantee the sanctity of the officer corps.”

“Pursuit of partisan politics and individual self-interests are a violation of an officer’s sacred duty and have no place in the United States military,” Miller said, adding that “a lesser ranking officer accused of such behavior would immediately be relieved of duty pending a thorough and independent investigation.”
“As secretary of defense, I did not and would not ever authorize such conduct,” Miller said.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...ar-AAOtKfI

Pentagon defends Milley's calls to top Chinese general in final months of Trump presidency, [b]saying such calls are vital to avoiding conflict.[/b]

"The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs regularly communicates with Chiefs of Defense across the world, including with China and Russia," Col. Dave Butler, a spokesperson for the Joint Staff, said in a statement. "These conversations remain vital to improving mutual understanding of US national security interests, reducing tensions, providing clarity and avoiding unintended consequences or conflict."

(09-15-2021, 03:00 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 02:20 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So a guy attempting diplomacy to avert world war is treason but a guy who led an actual army of soldiers on The United States is not treason?
Read the U.S. Constitution. Then try to place yourself in the shoes of a loyal U.S. General and prominent resident of Virginia whose country has declared war on his native state. You may say that you would have forfeited all of your property and kissed your family goodbye to go to war against your family, neighbors, and friends under those circumstances but I seriously doubt that would have been your decision.

I certainly think that a strong argument can be made that Lee was a traitor but anybody who believes that Lee was a villain for making the decision that he did is not being honest with themselves. He had a very tough decision and elected to resign from his commission and defend his family, neighbors, and state. Lee also lived during a time when people were alive who lived in Virginia before the United States existed. Most citizens in this country did not believe in an all powerful federal government that trumped the rights of states.

Compare Lee's public stand to stand with Virginia in the Civil War compared to Milley's cowardly decision to commit treason in the shadows. Milley did not act honorably. Lee did. Maybe both of them committed treason. It is clear that the Peoples Republic of China is our enemy. It is less clear that the people of Virginia were the enemy of the United States. Lee and most of those who fought on both sides of the Civil War were American citizens.
(I am omitting the word "allegedly" from the allegations against Milley for the sake of brevity going forward. I am not rushing to judgment and he deserves his day in court.)

Lee was a racist, plus after the war, he wanted to deport all blacks and replace them with poor whites from Ireland.  I can understand why someone like Trump would think so highly of him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1
Something tells me all these neuvo Bob Woodward fans are going to be extremely disappointed.
(09-15-2021, 09:10 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 07:11 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 06:49 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 03:55 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 03:49 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: We call that blowing smoke in our neck of the woods Hoot.

General Milley's office sent out a statement about the whole affair this morning I believe. To paraphrase just a bit, they say military officials in the General's position routinely speak with their foreign counterparts and his going to China behind DJT's back is no big deal. I feel so much better now.
Of course you do. That's how easy it is for your "leaders" to brainwash you.

that was sarcasm
I thought I was replaying to CF. My bad TRT.

LOL I knew that. The whole post was meant for sarcasm but likely it was a smidge too subtle. Of course CF had to like it within seconds of your posting.
Yes he did and if he had one ounce of self-awareness he would have known my post was intended for him. Again, very sorry TRT.
(09-15-2021, 10:28 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...ar-AAOtKfI

Pentagon defends Milley's calls to top Chinese general in final months of Trump presidency, [b]saying such calls are vital to avoiding conflict.[/b]

"The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs regularly communicates with Chiefs of Defense across the world, including with China and Russia," Col. Dave Butler, a spokesperson for the Joint Staff, said in a statement. "These conversations remain vital to improving mutual understanding of US national security interests, reducing tensions, providing clarity and avoiding unintended consequences or conflict."

(09-15-2021, 02:20 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: So a guy attempting diplomacy to avert world war is treason but a guy who led an actual army of soldiers on The United States is not treason?
Read the U.S. Constitution. Then try to place yourself in the shoes of a loyal U.S. General and prominent resident of Virginia whose country has declared war on his native state. You may say that you would have forfeited all of your property and kissed your family goodbye to go to war against your family, neighbors, and friends under those circumstances but I seriously doubt that would have been your decision.

I certainly think that a strong argument can be made that Lee was a traitor but anybody who believes that Lee was a villain for making the decision that he did is not being honest with themselves. He had a very tough decision and elected to resign from his commission and defend his family, neighbors, and state. Lee also lived during a time when people were alive who lived in Virginia before the United States existed. Most citizens in this country did not believe in an all powerful federal government that trumped the rights of states.

Compare Lee's public stand to stand with Virginia in the Civil War compared to Milley's cowardly decision to commit treason in the shadows. Milley did not act honorably. Lee did. Maybe both of them committed treason. It is clear that the Peoples Republic of China is our enemy. It is less clear that the people of Virginia were the enemy of the United States. Lee and most of those who fought on both sides of the Civil War were American citizens.
(I am omitting the word "allegedly" from the allegations against Milley for the sake of brevity going forward. I am not rushing to judgment and he deserves his day in court.)

Lee was a racist, plus after the war, he wanted to deport all blacks and replace them with poor whites from Ireland.  I can understand why someone like Trump would think so highly of him.
Most Americans alive in the 1860s would have been considered racists by today's standards. Were they born that way or were they products of their environment? I think that the answer is obvious. Liberals seem to struggle with the concept of considering people within the context of their environment and time in which they existed. Y'all are so fortunate to be perfect. 

Does the fact that most combatants who died wearing blue uniforms in the Civil War were racists by today's standards make their courage and sacrifice any less heroic? 

People have never been perfect and they never will be perfect. That should not completely negate their positive contributions to civilization.
(09-16-2021, 12:35 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 10:28 PM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...ar-AAOtKfI

Most Americans alive in the 1860s would have been considered racists by today's standards. Were they born that way or were they products of their environment? I think that the answer is obvious. Liberals seem to struggle with the concept of considering people within the context of their environment and time in which they existed. Y'all are so fortunate to be perfect. 

Does the fact that most combatants who died wearing blue uniforms in the Civil War were racists by today's standards make their courage and sacrifice any less heroic? 

People have never been perfect and they never will be perfect. That should not completely negate their positive contributions to civilization.
You are being way too nice. Democrats have been the biggest racists throughout history. and Gavin Newsom's comments about Larry Elder are racist AF but crickets. If liberals are breathing they are lying...
(09-15-2021, 10:48 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Something tells me all these neuvo Bob Woodward fans are going to be extremely disappointed.
I don't think that any conservative expects Pedo Joe to do the right thing and fire Milley on his own. Biden is not smart enough to understand the threat that a rogue high-ranking general poses to this nation. If Milley gets fired, it will be for the wrong reasons - to make him a fall guy for Biden's failures. I personally don't know any Woodward fans, nuevo o viejo.
Woodward was a one-trick pony who was important for a very short time 50 years ago, but liberal brainwash TV will still trot him out there when he will help them spread propaganda lies. Easiest gig on the planet, lie about Republicans and get rich. Plenty of former "conservatives" doing it, Bill Kristol and Joe Scarborough are two of the worst scumbags that come to mind...
Big Grin

This whole thread is based on "Woodward's lies." Which is it, boys? Looks like conservative media trotted him out to get you boys riled up about Milley. Big Grin

This whole thread cracks me up.
(09-16-2021, 12:35 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Big Grin

This whole thread is based on "Woodward's lies."  Which is it, boys?  Looks like conservative media trotted him out to get you boys riled up about Milley.  Big Grin 

It cracks you up because you are having a difficult time understanding it. Hence, all of the laugh smilies. Woodward reported what Milley said and Milley confirmed that Woodward's reporting on that particular issue was accurate. If Milley was not trustworthy under Trump, then he is not trustworthy under Biden either.

Will you be defending Milley if he informs his Chinese counterpart that Joe Biden is suffering from dementia and that he, General Milley, is concerned that Biden might launch an attack against China because he loses touch with reality from time to time?
(09-16-2021, 12:51 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

This whole thread is based on "Woodward's lies."  Which is it, boys?  Looks like conservative media trotted him out to get you boys riled up about Milley.  Big Grin 

It cracks you up because you are having a difficult time understanding it. Hence, all of the laugh smilies. Woodward reported what Milley said and Milley confirmed that Woodward's reporting on that particular issue was accurate. If Milley was not trustworthy under Trump, then he is not trustworthy under Biden either.

Will you be defending Milley if he informs his Chinese counterpart that Joe Biden is suffering from dementia and that he, General Milley, is concerned that Biden might launch an attack against China because he loses touch with reality from time to time?
there was definitely more to the story.  You heard what was fed to you, your hair caught on fire, and nothing will be able to change your belief that Dear Leader had been betrayed.  

Are you literally cheering for the end of the world that much, Hoot?
(09-16-2021, 02:54 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:51 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

there was definitely more to the story.  You heard what was fed to you, your hair caught on fire, and nothing will be able to change your belief that Dear Leader had been betrayed.  

Are you literally cheering for the end of the world that much, Hoot?
What I am not doing is cheering for a traitor, nor am I pining for a banana republic-style coup. It is quite an insight into your character that you would describe the 6 January events as an insurrection but are cheering the fact that the nation's top general, a person never elected to office, unilaterally decided that he should be warning our biggest state enemy that he would give them a head's up if Trump decided to do something with which he disagreed. This is what actual treason looks like and you are defending it, as you cheer the bogus insurrection that Democrats have falsely alleged.

Not only did Milley stab Trump and this nation in the back, but he also participated in at least one call without the permission or knowledge of the acting Secretary of Defense at the time. If Biden does not fire Milley, then he should be impeached. One traitor in the Biden administration is one too many.

I agree what you post is laughable. And from the start of your CF retread you have made one lying statement after the other; which is always followed by the invariable self assessment of your supposed superior intellect and point of view. That's your MO and it's like getting told off and laughed at by a retard frankly.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
(09-16-2021, 05:35 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:

I agree what you post is laughable. And from the start of your CF retread you have made one lying statement after the other; which is always followed by the invariable self assessment of your supposed superior intellect and point of view. That's your MO and it's like getting told off and laughed at by a retard frankly.
I noticed you didn't answer, TRT. 
Woodward?  Jack Keane?  
Has the liberal hack got the answers or the General you have adored on here?  Big Grin

Using the "r" word in the 21st century.  SMH
(09-15-2021, 11:41 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:30 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 11:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 10:56 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-15-2021, 08:57 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: There is no scenario in which a traitor is a national hero. Nobody who claims that the incident on 6 January was an insurrection has any credibility. Nobody who laughs at a serious allegation of treason has any credibility.
For the third time, I am laughing at you.  You now have to believe Woodward if you want to crucify Milley, but that means you have to believe the picture of incompetence and the highly disturbed man that nearly destroyed our nation.  Which is it, Hoot?  Is Woodward a liar or is your hero as bad as we've been saying?

Ok. 

How about a "violent domestic terrorist attack of white supremacists with a motive of usurping established authority"?  Do you like that better than insurrection?
No, I do not need to agree with Milley's opinion of Trump to believe that if Woodward is reporting what Milley said accurately, then he is guilty of treason. Try reading again, maybe a little more slowly. If Milley was accurately quoted, then nobody can trust the man. Not Trump. Not Biden. Not even you.
Not Milley...you have to believe Woodward.   Big Grin  Big Grin    Fear, Rage, and Peril:  Oh, Hoot, you got some reading to do.  

Hey, you didn't answer.  Do you like insurrection or violent domestic terrorist attacks of white supremacists with a motive of usurping established authority?
Woodward's reporting of Milley's OPINION. Trump's "state of mind" as "reported" by ANYONE is only "OPIONION, RESISTANCE and/or PROPAGANDA."

^^ Exactly right Jet. As long as you keep in mind the fact that Cardfan's intentions are always guile filled and therefore never truthful, you'll have him pegged.

Milley was playing politics which is against military foundational principle. Or you could take the view of Cardfan, who doesn't know straight up about anything other than gender neutral public restrooms.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[-] The following 1 user Likes TheRealThing's post:
  • jetpilot
Most important thing about all of this is we had the top general hand picked by Trump who thought the FORMER President was this unstable that what sane people should get from all of this.
George Washington hand-picked Benedict Arnold as his "fighting general" to lead a campaign to capture Quebec. Benedict Arnold was a Revolutionary War hero before he later committed treason. Obama hand-picked Milley as Chief of Staff of the Army and Trump made a mistake when he promoted him to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff position.
(09-18-2021, 03:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: George Washington hand-picked Benedict Arnold as his "fighting general" to lead a campaign to capture Quebec. Benedict Arnold was a Revolutionary War hero before he later committed treason. Obama hand-picked Milley as Chief of Staff of the Army and Trump made a mistake when he promoted him to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff position.
So ?
(09-18-2021, 03:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:01 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: George Washington hand-picked Benedict Arnold as his "fighting general" to lead a campaign to capture Quebec. Benedict Arnold was a Revolutionary War hero before he later committed treason. Obama hand-picked Milley as Chief of Staff of the Army and Trump made a mistake when he promoted him to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff position.
So ?
Trump nominating Milley as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff does not change the fact that Milley broke the law and violated his Oath of Office when he betrayed his country. That is just a red herring to distract from the fact that Milley should be Court-Martialed but instead, Biden is defending his actions. That is just further evidence that Biden is a traitor whose loyalty was bought by the People's Republic of China.
(09-18-2021, 03:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
So ?
Trump nominating Milley as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff does not change the fact that Milley broke the law and violated his Oath of Office when he betrayed his country. That is just a red herring to distract from the fact that Milley should be Court-Martialed but instead, Biden is defending his actions. That is just further evidence that Biden is a traitor whose loyalty was bought by the People's Republic of China.
Hoot just think about this the TOP GENERAL and NOT JUST HIM didn't know how stable the Former President was. Milley is a Hero President Biden should give him some kind of medal. Trump gave one to Jordan and Nunes every body should get one.
(09-18-2021, 03:17 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
So ?
Hoot just think about this the TOP GENERAL and NOT JUST HIM didn't know how stable the Former President was. Milley is a Hero President Biden should give him some kind of medal. Trump gave one to Jordan and Nunes every body should get one.
As I said, Benedict Arnold was one of George Washington's top, hand-picked generals but it does not change the fact that Benedict Arnold became this country's most notorious traitors. Milley betrayed Trump, but more importantly, he betrayed this country. Your suggestion that he deserves a medal for doing so is just wrong. Milley should have been fired over the Afghanistan withdrawal trainwreck but to give him a medal? Come on, man.
(09-18-2021, 03:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
So ?
As I said, Benedict Arnold was one of George Washington's top, hand-picked generals but it does not change the fact that Benedict Arnold became this country's most notorious traitors. Milley betrayed Trump, but more importantly, he betrayed this country. Your suggestion that he deserves a medal for doing so is just wrong. Milley should have been fired over the Afghanistan withdrawal trainwreck but to give him a medal? Come on, man.
Hoot more proof Milley deserves a medal

Preventing war: Why Gen. Mark Milley's secret calls to China deserve a medal (msn.com)
(09-18-2021, 03:27 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:03 PM)vector#1 Wrote: So ?

Preventing war: Why Gen. Mark Milley's secret calls to China deserve a medal (msn.com)
Milley is a traitor. A competent president would have already fired him after discovering his crime. It is not clear who is making the decisions that Joe Biden reads to the American public, but it is probably the same person or people who approved Milley's China mission.
(09-19-2021, 09:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:13 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Trump nominating Milley as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff does not change the fact that Milley broke the law and violated his Oath of Office when he betrayed his country. That is just a red herring to distract from the fact that Milley should be Court-Martialed but instead, Biden is defending his actions. That is just further evidence that Biden is a traitor whose loyalty was bought by the People's Republic of China.

Milley is a traitor. A competent president would have already fired him after discovering his crime. It is not clear who is making the decisions that Joe Biden reads to the American public, but it is probably the same person or people who approved Milley's China mission.
Hoot just think we had a Former President who his Hand Picked top General thought he was so Mental Disturb that he would start a war think about that. Usually it's the other way around worried about some rogue General wanting to start a war. Thank God this guy the Former President is gone. YES Milley deserves a Medal biggest one they can make
(09-19-2021, 10:11 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:17 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Hoot just think about this the TOP GENERAL and NOT JUST HIM didn't know how stable the Former President was. Milley is a Hero President Biden should give him some kind of medal. Trump gave one to Jordan and Nunes every body should get one.

Hoot just think we had a Former President who his Hand Picked top General thought he was so Mental Disturb that he would start a war think about that. Usually it's the other way around worried about some rogue General wanting to start a war. Thank God this guy the Former President is gone. YES Milley deserves a Medal biggest one they can make
Maybe the People's Republic of China.will award General Milley the medal that he so richly deserves.
(09-19-2021, 11:18 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:22 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: As I said, Benedict Arnold was one of George Washington's top, hand-picked generals but it does not change the fact that Benedict Arnold became this country's most notorious traitors. Milley betrayed Trump, but more importantly, he betrayed this country. Your suggestion that he deserves a medal for doing so is just wrong. Milley should have been fired over the Afghanistan withdrawal trainwreck but to give him a medal? Come on, man.

Maybe the People's Republic of China.will award General Milley the medal that he so richly deserves.
Don't think so Hoot the American People should give Trump's hand pick top General Milley the Medal. Just take a minute and think about it we had a Former President who's Top Picked General Believed he was SO UNSTABLE that he would start a war because he couldn't handle his defeat of last year's election. Boy you sure know how to pick them.
(09-19-2021, 11:37 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-18-2021, 03:27 PM)vector#1 Wrote: Hoot more proof Milley deserves a medal

Don't think so Hoot the American People should give Trump's hand pick top General Milley the Medal. Just take a minute and think about it we had a Former President who's Top Picked General Believed he was SO UNSTABLE that he would start a war because he couldn't handle his defeat of last year's election. Boy you sure know how to pick them.
You are repeating yourself, vector#1, over, and over, and over... Applaud the traitor all you want but that will not change him into a hero.
(09-19-2021, 11:40 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 11:37 AM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-19-2021, 09:05 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Milley is a traitor. A competent president would have already fired him after discovering his crime. It is not clear who is making the decisions that Joe Biden reads to the American public, but it is probably the same person or people who approved Milley's China mission.
You are repeating yourself, vector#1, over, and over, and over... Applaud the traitor all you want but that will not change him into a hero.
Hoot hoping it will sink in some. You voted twice for a unstable mental challenge person who his Top General by the way was hand picked by him thought he was going to start a war. What else was the world thinking about after watching what unfolded on January 6th ? Because you voted 2 times for a child who couldn't handle defeat it's really pretty simple to see what happened.
Milley is a Hero deserves a medal.
Hero? I don't think so.

Quote:FLASHBACK: Gen. Milley called US drone strike that killed children, civilians 'righteous'

"At this point, we think that the procedures were correctly followed and it was a righteous strike," Milley had first said of the Aug. 29 drone strike in Afghanistan.

Today, the Pentagon confirmed that 10 civilians, including seven children, died in a mistaken US drone strike in Afghanistan back on Aug. 29.

It was during the heat of the final days of the Biden administration's hasty withdrawal from the Kabul airport in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

New York Times investigation earlier this week previously established that what US officials thought was ISIS-K was actually an aid worker and his family.

But back on Sept. 1, the Biden administration's Joint Chief of Staff General Mark Milley justified the attack as "righteous" and the intelligence as "still valid."

"So were there others killed? Yes there are others killed. Who they are, we don’t know. We’ll try to sort through all of that. But we believe that the procedures at this point — I don’t want to influence the outcome of an investigation — but at this point, we think that the procedures were correctly followed and it was a righteous strike," Milley said during the early September news conference marking the end to 20 years of US military operations in Afghanistan.

Beyond his responsibilities over Afghanistan, Milley has recently been under scrutiny for what many say was an unsolicited call to Chinese military leaders last year. The Biden White House defended General Milley and said they had full confidence in his capacity to lead, in response to the China debacle.

Earlier this week, Sen. Rand Paul grilled Secretary of State Antony Blinken about the lack of knowledge over what exactly the Biden administration targeted in their strike during Tuesday's hearing in front of the Senate.

"The guy the Biden administration droned — was he an aid worker or an ISIS-K operative?" Paul asked Blinken. "The administration is of course reviewing, that uh ... that strike. I’m sure that a (you know) full assessment will be fully —" Blinken started to respond, before Paul jumped back in. "So you don't know if it was an aid worker or an ISIS-K operative?" Paul pressed.

"Uh. I can't speak to that, and I can't speak to that in this setting in any event," Blinken remarked. "So you don't know or you won't tell us?" Paul inquired further. "I don't — I don't know, because we're reviewing it," Blinken replied.
(09-19-2021, 11:55 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Hero? I don't think so.

Quote:FLASHBACK: Gen. Milley called US drone strike that killed children, civilians 'righteous'

"At this point, we think that the procedures were correctly followed and it was a righteous strike," Milley had first said of the Aug. 29 drone strike in Afghanistan.

Today, the Pentagon confirmed that 10 civilians, including seven children, died in a mistaken US drone strike in Afghanistan back on Aug. 29.

It was during the heat of the final days of the Biden administration's hasty withdrawal from the Kabul airport in Taliban-controlled Afghanistan.

New York Times investigation earlier this week previously established that what US officials thought was ISIS-K was actually an aid worker and his family.

But back on Sept. 1, the Biden administration's Joint Chief of Staff General Mark Milley justified the attack as "righteous" and the intelligence as "still valid."

"So were there others killed? Yes there are others killed. Who they are, we don’t know. We’ll try to sort through all of that. But we believe that the procedures at this point — I don’t want to influence the outcome of an investigation — but at this point, we think that the procedures were correctly followed and it was a righteous strike," Milley said during the early September news conference marking the end to 20 years of US military operations in Afghanistan.

Beyond his responsibilities over Afghanistan, Milley has recently been under scrutiny for what many say was an unsolicited call to Chinese military leaders last year. The Biden White House defended General Milley and said they had full confidence in his capacity to lead, in response to the China debacle.

Earlier this week, Sen. Rand Paul grilled Secretary of State Antony Blinken about the lack of knowledge over what exactly the Biden administration targeted in their strike during Tuesday's hearing in front of the Senate.

"The guy the Biden administration droned — was he an aid worker or an ISIS-K operative?" Paul asked Blinken. "The administration is of course reviewing, that uh ... that strike. I’m sure that a (you know) full assessment will be fully —" Blinken started to respond, before Paul jumped back in. "So you don't know if it was an aid worker or an ISIS-K operative?" Paul pressed.

"Uh. I can't speak to that, and I can't speak to that in this setting in any event," Blinken remarked. "So you don't know or you won't tell us?" Paul inquired further. "I don't — I don't know, because we're reviewing it," Blinken replied.
Hoot is this the first time in 20 years civilians have been killed by us in the middle east don't think so and more than likely won't be the last. They said they made a mistake get over it. Now we had a Hand Picked Top General who believed the Former President was so Mental Unstable that he would start a war. And after watching what he caused on January 6th I say China was on edge. General Milley earned a top medal he can get also a ticker parade. All because the Former President acted like a child who didn't get his way for the first time.