Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Henry Clay at Frederick Douglass 9/17 (Cancelled)
Henry Clay just canceled on Frederick Douglass. They posted it on KHSAA web site several hours ago. They still have not contacted or confirmed with Douglass however. That’s pretty bush league imo
Would love to see FD play a big name since they don’t have to play a city team this week.
Would love to see Douglass play South Warren or North Hardin.  Both had COVID cancellations as well.
(09-15-2021, 02:09 PM)GovernmentCheese Wrote: Would love to see Douglass play South Warren or North Hardin.  Both had COVID cancellations as well.
Awesome Name!
Shocker
Here we go again. No one wants to play Douglass. Sick and tired of soft coaches. Don't give me all your reasons... if you don't want to compete, then don't play the game. In any scenario, FD takes any game in the state. I GUARANTEE it. If Male was available, we would be there. Will travel or pay for travel. No excuses. If you're scared of them, don't hate on them. Shame we are in this situation and Unreal people have a political opinion about a vaccine to save their lives. Don't want to travel to Lexington, scared of Covid, but Nicholasville Rd will be packed with all of them Saturday morning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes GovernmentCheese's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-16-2021, 11:42 AM)GovernmentCheese Wrote: Here we go again.  No one wants to play Douglass.  Sick and tired of soft coaches.  Don't give me all your reasons... if you don't want to compete, then don't play the game.  In any scenario, FD takes any game in the state.  I GUARANTEE it.  If Male was available, we would be there.  Will travel or pay for travel.  No excuses.  If you're scared of them, don't hate on them.  Shame we are in this situation and Unreal people have a political opinion about a vaccine to save their lives.  Don't want to travel to Lexington, scared of Covid, but Nicholasville Rd will be packed with all of them Saturday morning.

WOW!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest
WOW! First off NO ONE IS AFRAID of FDU. You all play in a cupcake district, not to mention y'all excuse every year is "we are required to play the 5 other city teams". We get that and your district is pretty weak with the dismantle of Scott Co to Great Crossing, thus it does not prepare you all for the deep playoffs when you all play BIGGER and TOUGHER opponent.
2017 3rd round to Scott Co.
2018 2nd round to Scott Co.
2019 chips to Cov Cath
2020 semis to Owensboro
So stop it with "we are afraid" cause Male, X, Trinity, Boyle Co, JC will slap you all till next week. Heck I remember Lex Catholic hung with you all and with all you DI players 2 years ago, and barely got by Madison Southern one year 20-21. With all your DI prospect from day one of your program/ 2017, one would think you all should have a couple of state trophy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(09-16-2021, 11:42 AM)GovernmentCheese Wrote: Here we go again.  No one wants to play Douglass.  Sick and tired of soft coaches.  Don't give me all your reasons... if you don't want to compete, then don't play the game.  In any scenario, FD takes any game in the state.  I GUARANTEE it.  If Male was available, we would be there.  Will travel or pay for travel.  No excuses.  If you're scared of them, don't hate on them.  Shame we are in this situation and Unreal people have a political opinion about a vaccine to save their lives.  Don't want to travel to Lexington, scared of Covid, but Nicholasville Rd will be packed with all of them Saturday morning.
Not sure if this is a joke or not. What is it to be scared of? They haven't done anything to be scarred of besides beat up on weak Lexington schools and have one of the weakest districts in the state, know that the Scott County has split. Before the split FD was 1-4 against the real Scott County. What is FD biggest win anyway? They lose to all the good teams they play. Dude if you are not joking you just opened up a can of worms. Please name there biggest win?

(09-16-2021, 12:28 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: WOW! First off NO ONE IS AFRAID of FDU. You all play in a cupcake district, not to mention y'all excuse every year is "we are required to play the 5 other city teams". We get that and your district is pretty weak with the dismantle of Scott Co to Great Crossing, thus it does not prepare you all for the deep playoffs when you all play BIGGER and TOUGHER opponent.
2019 chips to Cov Cath
2020 semis to Owensboro
So stop it with "we are afraid" cause Male, X, Trinity, Boyle Co, JC will slap you all till next week. Heck I remember Lex Catholic hung with you all and with all you DI players 2 years ago, and barely got by Madison Southern one year 20-21. With all your DI prospect from day one of your program/ 2017, one would think you all should have a couple of state trophy.
I think they do play a weaker than normal Boyle County this year, and it was Southwestern not Madison Southern.

Advice for when you finally win one, which you will eventually: Trinity, St. X and Male fans don't have to say stuff like this and beat their chests like they are the greatest thing in Kentucky high school football. A lot of fan bases around the state are playing this card this year whenever they lose a game because of Covid and it doesn't make you look as cool as you think it does.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(09-16-2021, 12:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

WOW!

(09-16-2021, 01:52 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
Not sure if this is a joke or not. What is it to be scared of? They haven't done anything to be scarred of besides beat up on weak Lexington schools and have one of the weakest districts in the state, know that the Scott County has split. Before the split FD was 1-4 against the real Scott County. What is FD biggest win anyway? They lose to all the good teams they play. Dude if you are not joking you just opened up a can of worms. Please name there biggest win?

(09-16-2021, 12:28 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: WOW! First off NO ONE IS AFRAID of FDU. You all play in a cupcake district, not to mention y'all excuse every year is "we are required to play the 5 other city teams". We get that and your district is pretty weak with the dismantle of Scott Co to Great Crossing, thus it does not prepare you all for the deep playoffs when you all play BIGGER and TOUGHER opponent.
2019 chips to Cov Cath
2020 semis to Owensboro
I think they do play a weaker than normal Boyle County this year, and it was Southwestern not Madison Southern.

Just a couple of corrections to the first quote I am sure it was probably just a typo but it is actually FDHS not (FDU) I think that is Fairleigh Dickinson University. If it was intentional I guess as the saying goes "haters will hate" the jealously some have over a high school team.

The second quote that FD was 1-4 vs Scott Co. before Great Crossing opened. It was actually 1-3 and the last loss was 28-27. Also the first year that Great Crossing opened I don't think it was a big blow the first season (I do think it is the past two) Scott Co. defeated Great Crossing 72-7 and in 2019 Scott Co. finished 10-2. However yes the both of those losses was to FD one was a running clock and the other was a 10 point loss. Just wanted to get some of the information corrected.

As far as this week trying to find a game due to the short notice the board would not approve a long road trip and the school administrators said they were to play a home game since the game with Henry Clay was a home game. Two teams that was contacted to play at Douglass on Tuesday afternoon but did not receive a call back were Danville and North Hardin who ended up playing each other. Also, Douglass was on the phone with Eastern about coming to Douglass for a game and at the same time they scheduled South Warren.

Finally I agree that the one of the above statements was probably made by a fan, parent, or maybe even a student. I know there are several programs (very good ones) that of course are not afraid of playing FD. I do know for a fact that there are a bunch of teams especially around central Kentucky that will not play. Most of the city schools would not if they were not forced to. It is especially hard for Douglass to find freshman and jv games. I am looking forward to the underclassmen game coming up with Scott Co. It will be the first time they have played I believe since 2018. I know Scott has a really good freshmen and jv team this year.
You are simply proving my point. It’s not about being good or being bad. It’s about having an opportunity to play. No chest thumping. FDHS wants to play top competition every game. No one on that staff or sideline enjoys blowing out weaker teams. There isn’t any control over playing the city teams. You are making my point because when there is an opportunity like this, the desire is to play a really good team to get better. That is what Douglass needs, not guaranteed wins. That’s what will get the team championship ready. Sitting at home on Friday night doesn’t and I have to say that’s what other teams think as well.
Hope you find a game, Pikeville was in the same shape with there bowl game at home and couldn't find a game in 10 states. Johnson Central cant get a game either, they have to schedule out of state opponents. IMO, RPI has just made scheduling games a whole lot more difficult.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 16BBall Fan
(09-16-2021, 05:59 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

WOW!

(09-16-2021, 01:52 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

2019 chips to Cov Cath
2020 semis to Owensboro

Just a couple of corrections to the first quote I am sure it was probably just a typo but it is actually FDHS not (FDU) I think that is Fairleigh Dickinson University. If it was intentional I guess as the saying goes "haters will hate" the jealously some have over a high school team.

The second quote that FD was 1-4 vs Scott Co. before Great Crossing opened. It was actually 1-3 and the last loss was 28-27. Also the first year that Great Crossing opened I don't think it was a big blow the first season (I do think it is the past two) Scott Co. defeated Great Crossing 72-7 and in 2019 Scott Co. finished 10-2. However yes the both of those losses was to FD one was a running clock and the other was a 10 point loss. Just wanted to get some of the information corrected.

As far as this week trying to find a game due to the short notice the board would not approve a long road trip and the school administrators said they were to play a home game since the game with Henry Clay was a home game. Two teams that was contacted to play at Douglass on Tuesday afternoon but did not receive a call back were Danville and North Hardin who ended up playing each other. Also, Douglass was on the phone with Eastern about coming to Douglass for a game and at the same time they scheduled South Warren.

Finally I agree that the one of the above statements was probably made by a fan, parent, or maybe even a student. I know there are several programs (very good ones) that of course are not afraid of playing FD. I do know for a fact that there are a bunch of teams especially around central Kentucky that will not play. Most of the city schools would not if they were not forced to. It is especially hard for Douglass to find freshman and jv games. I am looking forward to the underclassmen game coming up with Scott Co. It will be the first time they have played I believe since 2018. I know Scott has a really good freshmen and jv team this year.
Excuses to the fullest- Douglas turned a game with STX down last year came straight from the STX HC.  Yes I heard Scott County Frosh/JV are pretty good this year JV beat Corbin 41-0, but they are having so many injuries on the Varsity its kind of depleting there JV- more excuses I guess. Off the subject but someone showed me the boundaries between the 2 HIgh Schools, I really do not see how Scott Co is winning any games. The whole city and the Western half of the County is district to Great Crossing wish I could show the map, you be shocked. Good luck to all teams tomorrow
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(09-16-2021, 05:59 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 12:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

WOW!

(09-16-2021, 01:52 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

2019 chips to Cov Cath
2020 semis to Owensboro

No I or we really meant FD University. When you have a student- athlete(s) come for a semester, lives in one of the adjacent apartment, play football in the spring and fall then leave to go back to his original high school to graduate, When you coaches visits middle school kids that do not feed to your school, take a picture with him holding an FDU jersey like he just signed a letter of intent and post it on social media and then delete it lol, when you have athletes who feeds somewhere else, but this academy and/ or nasa aerospace and/ or their daddy(s) are on the coaching staff at FDU, then yeah we call it that. As far as "haters going to hate" LMAO, FDU has NOT accomplished anything for us to hate on you. Again with all your D1/ power 5 student- athletes you have had in 5 years of existence, one would think several or least one chips. FDU will be good again next season cause you all have a handful of "reclassified players, so maybe/ maybe not this season, play the usual cupcake city and district teams and y'all finally can win one. Good luck and have a safe, healthy and injury free season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull