3. Johnson Central 3-1
4. Boyle County 3-1
5. Central 2-2
6. Logan County 3-1
7. Franklin County 2-2
8. John Hardin 2-2
8. Knox Central 3-1
8. Letcher County Central 3-1

Others receiving votes: 11. Wayne County, 12. Bourbon County, 13. Holmes, 14 Hopkinsville, 15. Boyd County

Thoughts?
I don't think you can put Lex Cath above JC or Boyle. I am biased though.
(09-14-2021, 09:10 AM)Old guy Wrote: I don't think you can put Lex Cath above JC or Boyle. I am biased though.

I tend to agree with you but after Friday night we’re gonna find out.  Either they solidify they’re ranking or they show they’re not quite there yet.  Playing LCA close to the wire like Boyle did or even winning says something, if they get throttled they probably shouldn’t be in the top 5.
For this week, these are spot on. Corbin and LC being undefeated are deserving of the top spot. Next week could and will probably change of course with Boyle Co battling BG LC taking on LCA, Central plays a good Fern Creek, but that is next week. Let the top 5 teams soak it up a bit.
JC really needed the game against Lexington Catholic to have a stranglehold on the #1 or #2 RPI rating.....

Outside of Belfry & Letcher Central, we really don't have any games that can move the needle unless some teams take an L.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
(09-14-2021, 12:07 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: JC really needed the game against Lexington Catholic to have a stranglehold on the #1 or #2 RPI rating.....

Outside of Belfry & Letcher Central, we really don't have any games that can move the needle unless some teams take an L.

I agree. Boyle has the meat of there schedule coming up and looking like Bowling Green is 50/50 game, Fredrick Douglas at the end of there schedule will end up setting the stage for the finale for the playoffs in my opinion.  Boyle can win out as well. Corbin has Simon Kenton and Lincoln County. I don’t know what’s happened to Lincoln County. Simon Kenton has played some good teams and will be fighting to get a win. Lots can happen between now and then.
(09-14-2021, 12:24 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 12:07 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote: JC really needed the game against Lexington Catholic to have a stranglehold on the #1 or #2 RPI rating.....

I agree. Boyle has the meat of there schedule coming up and looking like Bowling Green is 50/50 game, Fredrick Douglas at the end of there schedule will end up setting the stage for the finale for the playoffs in my opinion.  Boyle can win out as well. Corbin has Simon Kenton and Lincoln County. I don’t know what’s happened to Lincoln County. Simon Kenton has played some good teams and will be fighting to get a win. Lots can happen between now and then.

Corbin can't face Boyle until the finals. Am I right about that, Bull?
If Corbin wins out the regular season. Corbin should have the #1 RPI in the East. The 3rd Round ofplayoffs whomever is the 2cd seed will play the 3rd seed at the 2cd seeds home field. So yes, you are correct. Boyle or Johnson Central would not see the #1 seed until the Championship game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Old School Hound
Btw, MaxPreps has Male ranked a solid #1 in the state (all classes combined). Corbin and LCA are in a virtual tie for #2. Trinity is at #4. Some pretty high cotton for the Corbin Redhounds...
(09-14-2021, 01:27 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: Btw,  MaxPreps has Male ranked a solid #1 in the state (all classes combined).  Corbin and LCA are in a virtual tie for #2.      Trinity is at #4.  Some pretty high cotton for the Corbin Redhounds...
I am proud of our boys. That’s is something to be proud of. We have a long ways to go. Lots of games left. Good ones at that.
(09-14-2021, 01:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Corbin wins out the regular season. Corbin should have the #1 RPI in the East. The 3rd Round ofplayoffs whomever is the 2cd seed will play the 3rd seed at the 2cd seeds home field. So yes, you are correct. Boyle or Johnson Central would not see the #1 seed until the Championship game.

Not necessarily. They reseed the final 4 regardless of east west and play. So if both East teams were seeded 2-3 or 1-4 in total RPI from the four remaining teams they’d play.
(09-14-2021, 01:48 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(09-14-2021, 01:18 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: If Corbin wins out the regular season. Corbin should have the #1 RPI in the East. The 3rd Round ofplayoffs whomever is the 2cd seed will play the 3rd seed at the 2cd seeds home field. So yes, you are correct. Boyle or Johnson Central would not see the #1 seed until the Championship game.

Not necessarily. They reseed the final 4 regardless of east west and play. So if both East teams were seeded 2-3 or 1-4 in total RPI from the four remaining teams they’d play.

I don’t see another team having a RPI better than the top 2 East teams. After the third round. Slim possibility, but highly unlikely. They would have to drop to 4th and I don’t see that happening.
  • FootballFan1999

Unfortunately Belfry will not move that needle this year.  After the 40pt loss at home to Pikeville my assumption is that Letcher is not going to help out much either.
(09-14-2021, 02:24 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote:

Unfortunately Belfry will not move that needle this year.  After the 40pt loss at home to Pikeville my assumption is that Letcher is not going to help out much either.
Let's slow down on Belfry getting beat 40 points at home by Pikeville.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Be awesome to see Belfry win it all after starting 0-4.
  • Pulp Fiction

Scores doesn’t matter in the current RPI.
I don't think LexCath should be any higher than 5th. But that's just my opinion.
(09-15-2021, 06:40 AM)BEChargers Wrote: I don't think LexCath should be any higher than 5th.  But that's just my opinion.
They’ll drop like a stone in the ocean in the next few weeks. And if for some reason that don’t happen. Well… wow… that'll def shake things up. Same district hosting 2 top 5 teams. And the east holding all of the top 5.
(09-14-2021, 04:04 PM)Pulp Fiction Wrote:

Let's slow down on Belfry getting beat 40 points at home by Pikeville.
Let's slow down and read what was actually writen LOL.