Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bowling Green
26.67%
Boyle County
73.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Bowling Green @ Boyle County 9/17
Defending State Champion Class 5A Bowling Green (3-1) will travel to Defending State Champion Class 4A Boyle County (3-1)

Bowling Green wins: McCracken County 14-10, Pleasure Ridge Park 7-0, Hopkinsville 38-7
                   losses: Highlands 21-18

Boyle wins: Tates Creek 31-6, Pulaski County 60-29, Henderson County 48-14
      losses: Lexington Christian Academy 35-28

Bowling Green comes into this matchup on a 3 game winning streak as Boyle is on a 2 game winning streak. I think this game will be a good one.

Thoughts?
I’ll take Boyle 28-14.
This should be a great game that could go either way. Bowling Green is a traditional power house the same way as Boyle is. I look for a tight game similar to the LCA. I just feel Boyle will be to much for the purples to handle.

BC 34
BG 30
Bowling Green has an awesome Defense and Boyle's O has been pretty darn good this year. I think that's the interesting match up. Boyle's Oline vs the BG Dline might be what determines the winner. I'll take Boyle in a close one !
I don’t think this is a typical bowling green team, it seems like they had a lot of seniors last year if I’m not mistaken. Judging by the scores of their games, maybe some talent drop off. I think Boyle takes this pretty comfortably. Whatever changes they made to their D seems to be working. And they gonna put up points. I’m taking the rebs 35-14
Defense vs Offense... I hate to use the word cliché but "defense wins game".
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • pjdoug
BG seemed to come alive this past week vs Hop'town, but, overall, haven't played up to it's potential. Boyle took there one loss and learned from it and have bounced back nicely. I think they'll find a way to win this one, but, look for the Purples to play an inspired game and keep it close.. BC 35 BG 28
(09-13-2021, 08:38 AM)BEChargers Wrote: Bowling Green has an awesome Defense and Boyle's O has been pretty darn good this year.  I think that's the interesting match up.  Boyle's Oline vs the BG Dline might be what determines the winner.  I'll take Boyle in a close one !

I picked Boyle, but hated to pick against the Purples.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers
Bowling Green had been disappointing offensively the initial 3 weeks of the season but lit it up last week after changing QB's. If Bowling Green plays well offensively again, I think they beat Boyle 28 - 24.
Bowling Green looks to have a very good defense. With a new QB at the helm and him being a freshman, Bowling Green put up 38 points on Hopkinsville. Mayfield and Ballard put up 21 and 28 on Hopkinsville. HMMMMMMM. Boyle is hard to beat period. Especially at Home. I think this game is more of a chess match of each teams strengths. They both have positives and negatives that reflect each other. Tuff one to call. No doubt got to give the edge scoring wise to Boyle. Edge on defense I will have to give to Bowling Green. I would love to watch this game.

For now until proven otherwise.

First one to 35 wins.

Boyle 35
Bowling Green 31
I think the game's really a toss up. If I were BG I'd concentrate on bottling up Lanter and making another wr beat you. Make somebody else make a big play. But I hope they don't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BEChargers's post:
  • Bull got out!
I am taking Boyle County
Thinking seriously about coming to this one. Boyle in a close one!!

Boyle County 31
Bowling Green 28
(09-14-2021, 02:18 PM)64SUR Wrote: Thinking seriously about coming to this one.  Boyle in a close one!!

Boyle County 31
Bowling Green 28

This will be a good game 64SUR.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
I think Boyle County will take this one.
A turnover by either team could very well decide the outcome of this game.
Going with the Rebels
Boyle - 21
Bowling Green - 14
I'll take boyle 24-21 in a hard fought game. Have respect for both teams
I'm going to go crazy and say Boyle by a couple of scores. I think Bowling Green is down compared to previous years and I think Boyle County will approach this game with a different mindset for two reasons, 
1.) The LCA loss is still fresh
2.) Playing a team like Bowling Green brings out something different in perennial powerhouses. They will be excited for the challenge.

Boyle County 31-21 

Good luck to both on Friday   Cool
(09-16-2021, 01:02 PM)BlueRaider Wrote: I'm going to go crazy and say Boyle by a couple of scores. I think Bowling Green is down compared to previous years and I think Boyle County will approach this game with a different mindset for two reasons, 
1.) The LCA loss is still fresh
2.) Playing a team like Bowling Green brings out something different in perennial powerhouses. They will be excited for the challenge.

Boyle County 31-21 

Good luck to both on Friday   Cool
I don’t really think that’s crazy at all. To Me, pretty realistic.
Gameday!
Bowling Green's offense still hasn't proven anything. 38 points last game is a great improvement but the defense created 7 turnovers and one for a score. Stats show 268 yards of offense. The change at QB has most of their fans excited and I'm sure by season end they'll look much better. Unless BG can duplicate this number of turnovers, I'll take Boyle Co by 2 TD's.
(09-17-2021, 06:28 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Gameday!

I will be updating this game Bull!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-17-2021, 10:37 AM)64SUR Wrote:
(09-17-2021, 06:28 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Gameday!

I will be updating this game Bull!!
Awesome!!! I’d like to see that one too!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
I really want to see this one. Is there a streaming link somewhere?

Thanks!
Teamprep1 will be streaming this game. It's free also!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Footballfan33's post:
  • Bull got out!