Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Beechwood
84.62%
Covington Catholic
15.38%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Covington Catholic @ Beechwood 9/17
Class 2A Beechwood (4-0) will travel to Class 5A Covington Catholic (2-2)

Beechwood wins: Fairdale 35-0, Paintsville 49-0, Somerset 49-0, Simon Kenton 49-21

Covington Catholic wins: Belfry 42-13, Dixie Heights 24-8
                         losses: Elder (OH) 28-6, Lexington Catholic 34-27

Beechwood is the defending Class 2a Champion looking to defend its title and bragging rights against a old rival. Covington Catholic is looking to avenge last weeks last minutes turmoil loss to Lexington Catholic. Covington Catholic beat Beechwood last year 19-17. 

Thoughts?
I am picking Covington in this one even though I think Beechwood makes to the finals in 2A but that’s according to how the RPI bracket falls
Beechwood is the real deal brother! I don't think Covington Catholic wins this year or will they? I think last week something had to go terribly wrong for Covington Catholic to give up 3 scores in under the last 6 or so minutes in the game to let Lexington Catholic sneak away with a must needed win for the 4A deep run they are on. Beechwood is a scoring machine and I just don't see this train stopping anytime soon.

Beechwood in a tight one though.

Beechwood 28
Covington Catholic 21
This is a game I definitely want to watch on Saturday morning. Should be a great game between two great teams.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-12-2021, 09:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Class 2A Beechwood (4-0) will travel to Class 5A Covington Catholic (2-2)

Beechwood wins: Fairdale 35-0, Paintsville 49-0, Somerset 49-0, Simon Kenton 49-21

Beechwood is the defending Class 2a Champion looking to defend its title and bragging rights against a old rival. Covington Catholic is looking to avenge last weeks last minutes turmoil loss to Lexington Catholic. Covington Catholic beat Beechwood last year 19-17. 

Thoughts?

Friday's game is at Beechwood.
(09-12-2021, 02:24 PM)nemo Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 09:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Class 2A Beechwood (4-0) will travel to Class 5A Covington Catholic (2-2)

Thoughts?

I am Crazy sometimes lol. I knew that. But somehow got into the old tunnel vision. I remember the game last year because Corbin played Beechwood and I was curios as to how Beechwood matched up against Dixie Heights and Covington Catholic. It was a good game where Beechwood led most of the game only to gall short in the end at CC. Thanks for pointing that out Brother!
I can’t make my mind up on this one. Leaning toward Catholic.
(09-12-2021, 02:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 09:13 AM)Bull got out! Wrote: Class 2A Beechwood (4-0) will travel to Class 5A Covington Catholic (2-2)

Thoughts?

I am Crazy sometimes lol. I knew that. But somehow got into the old tunnel vision. I remember the game last year because Corbin played Beechwood and I was curios as to how Beechwood matched up against Dixie Heights and Covington Catholic. It was a good game where Beechwood led most of the game only to gall short in the end at CC. Thanks for pointing that out Brother!

All good Bgo! With all the great prediction threads you start, a detail is bound to slip by every now and then. Appreciate you.
[-] The following 2 users Like nemo's post:
  • Bull got out!, TD Hounds
(09-12-2021, 02:39 PM)nemo Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:29 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Thoughts?

All good Bgo! With all the great prediction threads you start, a detail is bound to slip by every now and then. Appreciate you.

I think old age catches up with him sometimes too  Smile Beechwood at home by 14, you better have superpowers if your gonna beat Beechwood at home.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, nemo
I think I’ll be making the trip to Fort Mitchell to see this game. I’ve watched both teams live this year and I think both teams will be pretty evenly matched. Herrgott will likely be the best player on the field but the CovCath defense will be more stout than any that he has seen this year especially in the secondary. CovCath also has a good QB that is dangerous when given time to throw. I look for this one to be a defensive battle with the team that has the best turnover margin pulling out the win. I’m going to take Beechwood breaking CovCath’s streak in the series in a low scoring game that will be won in the 4th quarter.

Beechwood 21
CovCath 17
Going to catch smack over this, but I'm taken Covington. Why? I'm not sold on Beechwood yet. 4-0 who have they beat? Somerset 1--2 rebuilding team with a covid win, Paintsville 1-2 young team lost to Pikeville 42-21, beat Somerset in a ugly penalty, turnover fest, Simon Kenton 0-4, Fairdale 1-3. This game should tell the tale. As of now LCA owns 2A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • sstack
Ill take Beechwood

Beechwood 34
CC 27
(09-12-2021, 10:29 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: Going to catch smack over this, but I'm taken Covington. Why? I'm not sold on Beechwood yet. 4-0 who have they beat? Somerset 1--2 rebuilding team with a covid win, Paintsville 1-2 young team lost to Pikeville 42-21, beat Somerset in a ugly penalty, turnover fest, Simon Kenton 0-4, Fairdale 1-3. This game should tell the tale. As of now LCA owns 2A.
When I say sold I mean buy winning 2A.  They really good
Beechwood 28-21
I take Cov Cath in this one. Have not seen them play yet but can’t see them dropping that much in talent and coaching. Cov Cath has definitely played a tougher schedule. 28-17
I'm going with Cov Cath
(09-12-2021, 01:41 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This is a game I definitely want to watch on Saturday morning. Should be a great game between two great teams.
Where can it be watched?
(09-14-2021, 06:56 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 01:41 PM)Spud6 Wrote: This is a game I definitely want to watch on Saturday morning. Should be a great game between two great teams.
Where can it be watched?
We need to bring back the thread if livestream and radio links. Or pin it. That was always helpful with away games that I couldn’t make, or other teams games I’d rather watch
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • rookie57
Going with Cov Catholic. Beechwood has not played anyone with a winning record or a good team so far. Cov Cath tho took 2 lost to Elder and Lexington Catholic, are tested against good teams.
Where can it be watched?
Game will be broadcast by https://chatterboxsports.com/.  I am hearing that it will be available to watch live without a subscription/fee.  Don't shoot the messenger.  Former University of Cincinnati and NFL QB Tony Pike will host along with National Broadcaster Thom Brennaman.  Should be a great game and great atmosphere.  Local TV Game of the Week for all 4 Local Stations, KSR Radio Game of the Week, Chatterboxsports Game of the Week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Here to help's post:
  • nemo, rookie57
(09-16-2021, 08:34 PM)Here to help Wrote:
Where can it be watched?
Game will be broadcast by https://chatterboxsports.com/.  I am hearing that it will be available to watch live without a subscription/fee.  Don't shoot the messenger.  Former University of Cincinnati and NFL QB Tony Pike will host along with National Broadcaster Thom Brennaman.  Should be a great game and great atmosphere.  Local TV Game of the Week for all 4 Local Stations, KSR Radio Game of the Week, Chatterboxsports Game of the Week.

Thanks for the information! That is big time sounds like. Id say a jam packed stadium up there and probably right now toilet paper everywhere on the tree out front!
(09-16-2021, 08:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
Where can it be watched?

Thanks for the information! That is big time sounds like. Id say a jam packed stadium up there and probably right now toilet paper everywhere on the tree out front!

Living up to your handle with your first post - outstanding!

Thanks "Here to help," and welcome to BGR.
Where can it be watched?
Can it be watched anywhere on Saturday?
(09-16-2021, 09:26 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
Where can it be watched?
Chatterboxsports.com  Search it and you should be able to watch on Saturday, based on what I have seen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Here to help's post:
  • rookie57
(09-16-2021, 10:53 PM)Here to help Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 09:26 PM)rookie57 Wrote:
Where can it be watched?
Chatterboxsports.com  Search it and you should be able to watch on Saturday, based on what I have seen.
Thank you
Should be a good one. Covington Catholic has pretty much owned the series but a majority in that area feel this is Beechwood's year to get over the hump. I'm leaning toward the Tigers but they haven't been tested on the schedule to this point. I'd feel more comfortable picking them if this wasn't their first real test. It's hard to get over the mental aspect in series like these. Beechwood by 2 on a late FG
(09-13-2021, 03:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Beechwood 28-21

I think I am gonna agree with pjdoug. Hergott will be the deciding factor. That kid just steps up against good competition and usually plays his best games when it matters most. I saw Beechwood play a young Paintsville team and they can play. These rivalry games have less to do with talent and more to do with who wants it the most and where the game is played.
(09-16-2021, 08:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Thanks for the information! That is big time sounds like. Id say a jam packed stadium up there and probably right now toilet paper everywhere on the tree out front!

Game day tradition. ✓
[-] The following 1 user Likes nemo's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-17-2021, 04:08 PM)nemo Wrote:
(09-16-2021, 08:55 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Thanks for the information! That is big time sounds like. Id say a jam packed stadium up there and probably right now toilet paper everywhere on the tree out front!

Game day tradition. ✓

I knew it, good luck and enjoy the game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • nemo
(09-17-2021, 10:53 AM)Hambley Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 03:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: Beechwood 28-21

I think I am gonna agree with pjdoug. Hergott will be the deciding factor. That kid just steps up against good competition and usually plays his best games when it matters most. I saw Beechwood play a young Paintsville team and they can play. These rivalry games have less to do with talent and more to do with who wants it the most and where the game is played.

He's definitely a game changer. I hate to pick against Covington Catholic,  but this Beechwood team is tough, and has a real shot at a win in this game, I think.