Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Southwestern
87.50%
Mercer County
12.50%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwestern @ Mercer County 9/17
Class 5A Southwestern (3-0) will travel to Class 3A Mercer County (3-1)

Southwestern: won against Simon Kenton 62-33, West Jessamine 55-25 and Madison Southern 55-14

Mercer County: won against Western 45-0, Anderson County 58-12, Madison, (IN) 34-13
                       Losses: Bryan Station 28-0

Thoughts?
Southwestern 28-14
Southwestern will look for win number 4. I believe they will do it.

Southwestern 35
Mercer 14
Southwestern should have this game in a running clock in the late 3rd quarter. SW 46 Mercer 14
I would like to see Mercer make a good game of this but I'm afraid SW is a little ahead of them. You never know, that's why you play the game. Mercer turns them over a couple of times and can move the ball it's a ballgame.
I feel like Southwestern is flying under the radar a little in 5A this year. From everything I've heard they've got their best team in a long time down there. I think they take this one easily.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoShamBo's post:
  • Glory_Days
(09-14-2021, 09:20 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: I feel like Southwestern is flying under the radar a little in 5A this year. From everything I've heard they've got their best team in a long time down there. I think they take this one easily.
I agree
(09-14-2021, 09:20 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: I feel like Southwestern is flying under the radar a little in 5A this year. From everything I've heard they've got their best team in a long time down there. I think they take this one easily.

They have a great team, but they also have a team that doesn't play with the heads screwed on straight half the time and doesn't pay attention in games.  That will cost them later in the season if it doesn't get corrected.
Southwestern is rolling. I'm going with them.
I'm from harrodsburg and played on advisory Johnson field back in the early 80s but I have to take southwestern in a close game

Alvis Johnson auto correct stinks
Pulling for coach Buchanan and his son Trosper!

Go Mercer!
(09-13-2021, 10:53 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Southwestern should have this game in a running clock in the late 3rd quarter.  SW 46 Mercer 14
How did that running clock work out for you?  Please don’t ever go to Vegas lol.  You might want to sit the next couple of weeks out on the predictions.

(09-13-2021, 10:53 PM)plantmanky Wrote: Southwestern should have this game in a running clock in the late 3rd quarter.  SW 46 Mercer 14
How did that running clock work out for you?  Please don’t ever go to Vegas lol.  You might want to sit the next couple of weeks out on the predictions.
(09-18-2021, 12:20 AM)UK1 Wrote:

Missing 7 starters makes a big difference.