Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
80.95%
Belfry
19.05%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pikeville @ Belfry 9/17
(09-17-2021, 02:18 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Dixon isn’t playing. 

Panthers roll big, a lot bigger than they would have with Dixon on the field for the Pirates. I really believe the Panthers were, at the very least, a 2 TD favorite with a healthy Dixon.  

The clock will run continuously at some point in the 3rd quarter unless Pikeville turns the ball over multiple times in the 1st half.

I know Belfry plays a tough schedule year in and year out and they play a physical type of foodtball, but they seem to deal with more injuries than any team I have ever seen.  I hope Dixon's injury isn't serious, and he has a speedy recovery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • BoondockSaint
Dixon not playing takes a lot of the excitement away in this game. Would be like Birchfield not playing for Pikeville. Changes the whole outlook on the game. Dre Young will have to have a huge night at fb to even keep this one close.
(09-17-2021, 03:04 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Sounds like Dixon should of moved over to Pikeville for his 5th year.
Pikeville's got the horses to say the least. Really wouldn't get much pt. Shame though, with his talent, it takes a lot out of the game if he's not in it.
(09-17-2021, 02:18 PM)BoondockSaint Wrote: Dixon isn’t playing. 

Panthers roll big, a lot bigger than they would have with Dixon on the field for the Pirates. I really believe the Panthers were, at the very least, a 2 TD favorite with a healthy Dixon.  

The clock will run continuously at some point in the 3rd quarter unless Pikeville turns the ball over multiple times in the 1st half.
If this is true this game will be extremely lopsided. It will be hard for anyone else they have to get the corner and defensive line for Pikeville will control the middle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • BoondockSaint
My info came from a reliable source. If he plays I’ll be utterly shocked.
I had Pikeville by 30. Without Dixon I’ll take them by 50
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Had Belfry ever started a season 0-5? I know it hasn't been since I've been alive. When is the last time Belfry finished the regular season. 500 or below? With a loss tonight 5-5 is the best they can do and don't forget they still haven't played probably the toughest team on their schedule with JC. I just hope Belfry shows some fight and determination tonight no matter the result. I've seen a lot of undermanned teams win ball games just cause they played harder than the other team.
(09-17-2021, 05:30 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Had Belfry ever started a season 0-5? I know it hasn't been since I've been alive. When is the last time Belfry finished the regular season. 500 or below? With a loss tonight 5-5 is the best they can do and don't forget they still haven't played probably the toughest team on their schedule with JC. I just hope Belfry shows some fight and determination tonight no matter the result. I've seen a lot of undermanned teams win ball games just cause they played harder than the other team.

http://fourseasonsfootball.com/ky.html

Just click on Belfry. Good resource with pretty good accuracy. We only have a few discrepancies on the Pikeville side.
1993 Belfry: 4-7 record
I expect Belfry to go to the zone read with Dixon playing QB. Belfry has found them selves playing behind the chains in almost every game, which is the death sentence tor Belfry’s offense. Not sure if that’s due to the schedule they have played or just bad execution. Fumbles has been the biggest Achilles heel so far this year. Defensively Belfry is simply not playing like Belfry. Way to many missed assignments and missed tackles.

Pikeville on the other hand has looked like a well oiled machine with every piece of the puzzle in the right place. Pikeville’s versatility on offense will passing and running will be to much for a Belfry defense still trying to find their identity.

Pikeville 35
Belfry 20.
Anyone know of any live streams for this game?
(09-17-2021, 07:29 PM)VoR_58 Wrote: Anyone know of any live streams for this game?

None
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Dixon not dressed. Belfry has 32 kids dressed. Pikeville 54.
Dixon not playing this one will get ugly fast.

Pikeville 48
Belfry. 7

Running clock.
What is the link to the belfry-Pikeville game

Link????
15-0 Pikeville 3:35 left 1st
We established that earlier today my friend.
22-0 at half. Belfry needs someone to teach pass defense. Year in Year out it is their weakness. Need to find DB coach in off season
After watching Belfry in each games this year 2 big glaring problems stand out.

1. They lack football IQ. In this game, Pikeville had the ball at mid field with about 30 seconds to go in the 1st half and let a receiver get behind them 5 yards for a wide open td. You have to know the situation there. Running the ball or short passes won't hurt ya but the big play will. Worst case scenario is they get 3 there.

2. They don't really have a qb who fits this offense. Can't pitch it on the option so that completely takes that play away which has usually been how Belfry breaks the big play in their offense. I knew when they made the decision to put Dixon at qb that option number 2 had to be pretty weak. Plus they have noone who can pass which even with how run heavy Belfry's offense is the defense has to at least have in the back of their mind that you MAY pass the ball. To beat good teams Belfry is going to have to get in a defensive battle. The big play ability on offense just seems like it's not there like it's been the last few years.
Go watch the little league these kids “play” in. There lies one of many problems.