Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Corbin
100.00%
Somerset
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Somerset @ Corbin 9/17
Class 2A Somerset (1-3) will travel to Class 4A Corbin (4-0)

Somerset: coming off a loss at home to Paintsville 33-6, other games a loss to Lincoln County 50-20, Beechwood 49-0, with a Covid win. 

Corbin: beating Pulaski 49-6, Franklin County 27-7, Whitley County 45-0, Christ School (NC) 35-21

Thoughts?
Corbin 60-0. This Somerset teams best chance is a covid cancel either side, but will be cheering for the BJN
I think this would be a good game to give #14 for Corbin some more field prep. Sorry bunny's. I know you are rebuilding. Corbin on a mission!

Corbin doesn't look to explode the scoreboard. Just looks to get past this week and on to the next one.

Corbin 49
Somerset 0
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
Running clock before halftime. Sorry Jumpers!!

Corbin 54
Somerset 00
[-] The following 2 users Like 64SUR's post:
  • BEChargers, Hound05
Somerset will recover, everyone has down years. The coaching staff is there all they need is the talent to cycle back through, a bunch of talent graduated that isn’t easy to replace especially Grundy and Sheron. Safe travels to the jumpers…
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • 64SUR, Hound05
Im sorry, no disrespect to the bunny’s, but it’s gonna be a blood bath on the field. I have no Doubt that the kids from Somerset work very hard, but they just don’t have the guns to go against Corbin. Ive only watched 2 games of somersets. Offensively, they look like they have some weapons. I could be wrong, but it seems like they struggle at QB play. I’m not gonna bash a kid, but it seems like the arm strength isn’t great, or accurate. They have a WR that looks pretty tall and has some good hands, but if you can’t get it to him, it doesn’t matter. Defensively, I think the scores of previous games sum that up. But they had a run of some great teams. You can’t have that every year, I’m sure they’ll be solid again in a year or two.

I’m like bull, Corbin doesn’t aim to run up the score, that’s not greers style. But this would be a good game to get it going quick and get a comfortable lead. That way you minimize risk of injury to starters and give those who could fill in if that happens, some reps.

I’d say a reasonable score would be upper 40s to maybe 0, or 6.
(09-12-2021, 02:38 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Im sorry, no disrespect to the bunny’s, but it’s gonna be a blood bath on the field. I have no Doubt that the kids from Somerset work very hard, but they just don’t have the guns to go against Corbin. Ive only watched 2 games of somersets. Offensively, they look like they have some weapons. I could be wrong, but it seems like they struggle at QB play. I’m not gonna bash a kid, but it seems like the arm strength isn’t great, or accurate. They have a WR that looks pretty tall and has some good hands, but if you can’t get it to him, it doesn’t matter. Defensively, I think the scores of previous games sum that up. But they had a run of some great teams. You can’t have that every year, I’m sure they’ll be solid again in a year or two.

I’m like bull, Corbin doesn’t aim to run up the score, that’s not greers style.  But this would be a good game to get it going quick and get a comfortable lead. That way you minimize risk of injury to starters and give those who could fill in if that happens, some reps.

This Jumper fan agrees with everything you said. QB got hurt Friday as well. Long season, young kids. Anywhere else these kids wouldn't be on the field, but have know choice. This senior class had 23 8th graders only 6 as freshman. Now 6 seniors 3 hurt, one kicker, one on bench and one starter. Freshman, sophomore, and some jouniors round out the starters, and with no JV experience.  But hey this is a learning season, a very painful learning season. They will be competitive next year. Corbin should just sit key players no risk. Play your back up only bring in starters as needed. Corbin has a title shot. Know need t chance any thing in this game.
[-] The following 1 user Likes foozeball80's post:
  • Hound05
Bad
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Somerset and Corbin have had some epic battles over the decades, and this definitely will not be one of them. Jumpers should just hope to get home with all their equipment.

Crimson Canines - 56
Fluffy Bunnies - 0
Watching Corbin a couple times last season, I thought that this returning group with all the talent and a year in the weight room, they’d be outstanding and it’s not wrong. Sometimes a first year coach has to learn his players capabilities to maximize their efficiency.

Greer has this team trending high and I’m unsure many teams can stop them statewide. This year the Jumpers are just outmatched everywhere so it could be a short night with an early clock.

Corbin - by as many as they want
Somerset - another zero
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreyStoke's post:
  • Gitback Coach
It'll be ugly, but I'd rather play the Corbins and Beechwoods of the world than fluff the schedule and wait for the next crop of talent. Just have to keep working.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • FootballFan1999, pjdoug
(09-12-2021, 07:51 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: It'll be ugly, but I'd rather play the Corbins and Beechwoods of the world than fluff the schedule and wait for the next crop of talent. Just have to keep working.

If what someone had posted is true about Somerset being so young games like this can pay dividends in years to come.  Corbin is a prime example there several that have been starting since they where freshman and sophomores and it has definitely helped.
(09-12-2021, 04:40 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:38 PM)Hound05 Wrote: Im sorry, no disrespect to the bunny’s, but it’s gonna be a blood bath on the field. I have no Doubt that the kids from Somerset work very hard, but they just don’t have the guns to go against Corbin. Ive only watched 2 games of somersets. Offensively, they look like they have some weapons. I could be wrong, but it seems like they struggle at QB play. I’m not gonna bash a kid, but it seems like the arm strength isn’t great, or accurate. They have a WR that looks pretty tall and has some good hands, but if you can’t get it to him, it doesn’t matter. Defensively, I think the scores of previous games sum that up. But they had a run of some great teams. You can’t have that every year, I’m sure they’ll be solid again in a year or two.

I’m like bull, Corbin doesn’t aim to run up the score, that’s not greers style.  But this would be a good game to get it going quick and get a comfortable lead. That way you minimize risk of injury to starters and give those who could fill in if that happens, some reps.

This Jumper fan agrees with everything you said. QB got hurt Friday as well. Long season, young kids. Anywhere else these kids wouldn't be on the field, but have know choice. This senior class had 23 8th graders only 6 as freshman. Now 6 seniors 3 hurt, one kicker, one on bench and one starter. Freshman, sophomore, and some jouniors round out the starters, and with no JV experience.  But hey this is a learning season, a very painful learning season. They will be competitive next year. Corbin should just sit key players no risk. Play your back up only bring in starters as needed. Corbin has a title shot. Know need t chance any thing in this game.
Yea but this time right now will be invaluable in a couple years when they have 30 games under their belt as starters. You can teach a lot, but not experience. And with their schedule, they’ll gain a lot against good teams. 

I don’t know though if we can just put our JV in, and expect a comfortable win. I doubt it. But I don’t think Greer would do that anyways.
Corbin 56-6
(09-12-2021, 11:22 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: Corbin 60-0. This Somerset teams best chance is a covid cancel either side, but will be cheering for the BJN

I don’t see Coach Greer doing this to Somerset, I’d heard the only reason the Pulaski score went as high as it did was because the JV continued to score once the Varsity was pulled.  Could this score happen yes but I’d be shocked.  Once the clock starts running and maybe even before I look for starters to start being pulled out.
Corbin is just on another level than most teams. I think. This Corbin is going to name there score against somersett.
Corbin has a chance to get 70 in this one.
(09-13-2021, 08:46 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 11:22 AM)foozeball80 Wrote: Corbin 60-0. This Somerset teams best chance is a covid cancel either side, but will be cheering for the BJN

I don’t see Coach Greer doing this to Somerset, I’d heard the only reason the Pulaski score went as high as it did was because the JV continued to score once the Varsity was pulled.  Could this score happen yes but I’d be shocked.  Once the clock starts running and maybe even before I look for starters to start being pulled out.
I sgree Greer is a good, respectful coach. Will be a good learning chapter for this young team.
(09-13-2021, 08:22 PM)foozeball80 Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 08:46 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

I sgree Greer is a good, respectful coach. Will be a good learning chapter for this young team.

Sometimes it pays off when the shoes on the other foot, Corbin seems to have a lot of talent coming up all the way through the middle school but it’s only a matter of time until there’s a class or two that sets you back a couple years, even if your being a sneaky snake and stealing Dougie’s players.  You want people on the other sideline to remember how you handled it whenever you had the advantage.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • pjdoug
I still enjoy the Championship game when I think about it, where the big throw to the end zone for the win and a State Championship. I guess that will go down in one of my all time favorite games that I watched. We were sitting on the Somerset sideline and some fans were leaving thinking it was over lol. I was in complete awwww. Just a story book ending. Good memories. Bad part was Somerset got us at home that year. Cant help but think about that when we play Somerset. Nothing but respect here in my home for that program.
In 1924, Corbin, then known as the Corbin Railsplitters , played their first ever football game.  Final score : 

Pineville  143  Corbin  0

Corbin has never forgotten that  dubious debut and Pineville's prodigious pasting of the railsplitting rookies.  The time has come for
the Hounds to exact revenge.

It has taken  97 years but Friday is finally the night.  Hounds, with dark thoughts of 1924 dancing around in their heads, name their score:

Corbin  143    Somerset  0

In all reality, Corbin probably could put up four scores per quarter if they really wanted to. But they will not want to. Somerset has been  a great rival over the years.  The Hounds will go easy on their old friends. We'll  knock off the "1" from 143 and go with :

Corbin  43  Somerset  0
(09-13-2021, 09:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: In 1924, Corbin, then known as the Corbin Railsplitters , played their first ever football game.  Final score : 

Corbin has never forgotten that  dubious debut and Pineville's prodigious pasting of the railsplitting rookies.  The time has come for

It has taken  97 years but Friday is finally the night.  Hounds, with dark thoughts of 1924 dancing around in their heads, name their score:

In all reality, Corbin probably could put up four scores per quarter if they really wanted to. But they will not want to. Somerset has been  a great rival over the years.  The Hounds will go easy on their old friends. We'll  knock off the "1" from 143 and go with :

Corbin  43  Somerset  0

What the hell, man? We're not even cool with Pineville like that.  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post:
  • BobcatForever, Bull got out!
(09-13-2021, 09:08 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I still enjoy the Championship game when I think about it, where the big throw to the end zone for the win and a State Championship. I guess that will go down in one of my all time favorite games that I watched. We were sitting on the Somerset sideline and some fans were leaving thinking it was over lol. I was in complete awwww. Just a story book ending. Good memories. Bad part was Somerset got us at home that year. Cant help but think about that when we play Somerset. Nothing but respect here in my home for that program.
That was a great moment. Robbie Lucas is a good coach so they won't stay down.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(09-13-2021, 09:27 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(09-13-2021, 09:11 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: In 1924, Corbin, then known as the Corbin Railsplitters , played their first ever football game.  Final score : 

Corbin  43  Somerset  0

I've always enjoyed the Corbin/Somerset games.  The one that stands out the most to me was back, sometime in the eighties I believe, when both Corbin and Somerset were in the same district. Both teams were very good. Corbin traveled to Somerset for the game that would decide the district.    Corbin outgained the Jumpers something like 4 to 1 in total yardage but I believe it was a blocked kick that led to Somerset's TD and they came away with a 7 to 6 win and Corbin's hopes of the postseason came to an end. Maybe one of my Corbin buds on here will remember the exact year that game was played. One of the more disappointing losses in my memory...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
We it could be worse. 1-3 with a covid win with youngest team I've seen at somerset with only 3 playable seniors, or you could be Belfry with hold backs and not have a win. Lol point is jumper fateful it's not just having a rough year. Sorry about the punch pirates.
(09-13-2021, 09:27 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:

Corbin  43  Somerset  0

Big Grin
(09-13-2021, 10:36 PM)foozeball80 Wrote: We it could be worse. 1-3 with a covid win with youngest team I've seen at somerset with only 3 playable seniors, or you could be Belfry with hold backs and not have a win. Lol point is jumper fateful it's not just having a rough year. Sorry about the punch pirates.
I’d take a state title and a couple bad years here and there. Better than going runner up back to back, couple semi appearances, etc.  IMO. You can have a good season, a great season, but they’ll always remember the last game regardless.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, foozeball80
Corbin by as much as they want.
corbin JV IN GAME BEFORE HALFTIME.
Game Day!