Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Biden-authorized drone strike apparently did not kill any ISIS terrorists
Has anybody seen an apology from the Biden/Harris administration for killing an innocent worker for a U.S. aid group and 9 other civilians? I have not and will not be holding my breath in anticipation of an apology. The goal of the strike was to distract attention away from the bungled withdrawal from Iraq and allow Biden to save face. Mission accomplished until the truth emerged.

Quote:Times Investigation: In U.S. Drone Strike, Evidence Suggests No ISIS Bomb

U.S. officials said a Reaper drone followed a car for hours and then fired based on evidence it was carrying explosives. But in-depth video analysis and interviews at the site cast doubt on that account.

Reported by Matthieu Aikins, Christoph KoettlEvan Hill and Eric Schmitt
Written by Matthieu Aikins

Published Sept. 10, 2021Updated Sept. 11, 2021, 6:54 a.m. ET
KABUL, Afghanistan — It was the last known missile fired by the United States in its 20-year war in Afghanistan, and the military called it a “righteous strike” — a drone attack after hours of surveillance on Aug. 29 against a vehicle that American officials thought contained an ISIS bomb and posed an imminent threat to troops at Kabul’s airport.

But a New York Times investigation of video evidence, along with interviews with more than a dozen of the driver’s co-workers and family members in Kabul, raises doubts about the U.S. version of events, including whether explosives were present in the vehicle, whether the driver had a connection to ISIS, and whether there was a second explosion after the missile struck the car.

Military officials said they did not know the identity of the car’s driver when the drone fired, but deemed him suspicious because of how they interpreted his activities that day, saying that he possibly visited an ISIS safe house and, at one point, loaded what they thought could be explosives into the car.

Times reporting has identified the driver as Zemari Ahmadi, a longtime worker for a U.S. aid group. The evidence suggests that his travels that day actually involved transporting colleagues to and from work. And an analysis of video feeds showed that what the military may have seen was Mr. Ahmadi and a colleague loading canisters of water into his trunk to bring home to his family.
If we have ever had a President that would apologize for the many instances of collateral damage we are guilty of then it would be Joseph Robinette Biden.
(09-11-2021, 11:06 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: If we have ever had a President that would apologize for the many instances of collateral damage we are guilty of then it would be Joseph Robinette Biden.
Lol your lies get more outrageous and more obvious by the day. Plus this wasn't COLLATERAL damage, it was the ONLY damage.
Collateral damage:
injury inflicted on something other than an intended target specifically : civilian casualties of a military operation.

Jet, do you believe Biden sent a drone to murder civilians? That’s what you’re implying.

You can’t deny Biden would be the one that would admit our faults over our last 5 presidents.
(09-11-2021, 11:19 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Collateral damage:
injury inflicted on something other than an intended target specifically : civilian casualties of a military operation.

Jet, do you believe Biden sent a drone to murder civilians?  That’s what you’re implying. 

You can’t deny Biden would be the one that would admit our faults over our last 5 presidents.
What was the intended target? They would not release the names of ISIS killed because they lied, there were no ISIS killed.
(09-11-2021, 11:06 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: If we have ever had a President that would apologize for the many instances of collateral damage we are guilty of then it would be Joseph Robinette Biden.
This was not a case of collateral damage. This was a case of another negligent action by the Biden administration. Collateral damage would have been the Biden administration targeting a terrorist but inadvertently killing innocent victims that happened to be in the vicinity of the terrorist at the time of detonation. In this instance, the Biden administration fired a missile at the wrong target because they failed to confirm the identity of their target.

Biden was eager to save face and distract attention from the debacle of his botched evacuation of Americans from Afghanistan and apparently, 10 innocent people died as a result of his negligence. He owes the families of the deceased victims apologies and compensation for their losses.
^^ WOW!!! Carrying explosives huh? I don't think this administration would care if a dump truck was loaded with weapons grade plutonium.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(09-11-2021, 07:49 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ WOW!!! Carrying explosives huh? I don't think this administration would care if a dump truck was loaded with weapons grade plutonium.
I know it’s amazing how the world turns. We now have a trigger happy malicious Democrat President versus compassionate, justice seeking, Arab loving conservatives.  Dodgy 

you boys are too much. Big Grin Biden will never please you.  He could stop the rain and you’d  b!tch because the sun was out. 

I look forward to the day when the man gets to deal with messes of his own creation.  Thus far all he has done is deal with the Trump flu and the Afghan War.
(09-12-2021, 10:07 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 07:49 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: ^^ WOW!!! Carrying explosives huh? I don't think this administration would care if a dump truck was loaded with weapons grade plutonium.
I know it’s amazing how the world turns. We now have a trigger happy malicious Democrat President versus compassionate, justice seeking, Arab loving conservatives.  Dodgy 

you boys are too much. Big Grin Biden will never please you.  He could stop the rain and you’d  b!tch because the sun was out. 

I look forward to the day when the man gets to deal with messes of his own creation.  Thus far all he has done is deal with the Trump flu and the Afghan War.
Biden's incompetence resulted in the deaths of 10 more innocent victims and you are still unable to bring yourself to criticize him. Amazing. As for COVID-19, which you deliberately blame on Trump instead of the People's Republic of China, the infection rate today is three times what it was one year ago while Trump was still president. Unlike you, I will not unfairly blame Biden for a disease, but his record is not one of accomplishment. And the cowardly way that Biden chose to "deal with" the Afghan War has brought shame to this nation.

It is no wonder that Joe Biden's job approval rating has cratered. I suspect that you may be among the 25 percent of Americans who still "strongly approve" Biden's job performance.
https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/oba...ngs-count/

Where were you when this was happening, Hoot?

We don’t control China. They can make or allow all the viruses they want, but it’s up to us to protect ourselves. Trump’s fault was downplaying this and playing politics. When Covid began, ALL AMERICANS were behind mitigation, but when Trump turned it political then the wheels fell off. Hence is why unvaccinated people are getting sick and dying today: Mostly Republicans at that. Gonna be hard to make up for the illegal aliens and space aliens Dems have voting when you’re killing your own voters.

Biden made the right decision if he felt there would be unrest. Maybe he is strong enough not step in front of the real people who should receive the recognition on the day of morning instead of the fella who griped about election fraud and bloated about his 2024 campaign at a NY firehouse.
(09-12-2021, 11:37 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/oba...ngs-count/

We don’t control China. They can make or allow all the viruses they want, but it’s up to us to protect ourselves. Trump’s fault was downplaying this and playing politics. When Covid began,  ALL AMERICANS were behind mitigation, but when Trump turned it political then the wheels fell off.  Hence is why unvaccinated people are getting sick and dying today:  Mostly Republicans at that.  Gonna be hard to make up for the illegal aliens and space aliens Dems have voting when you’re killing your own voters.

Biden made the right decision if he felt there would be unrest. Maybe he is strong enough not step in front of the real people who should receive the recognition on the day of morning instead of the fella who griped about election fraud and bloated about his 2024 campaign at a NY firehouse.
As I said, Trump is not the president. Your post is off-topic. There is only one president who was responsible for the 10 innocent victims that died as the result of Joe Biden's incompetence and there is only one president who is responsible for the loss of 13 service members during the botched evacuation of Afghanistan - and only one president who should be accountable for that multitude of mistakes and leadership lapses.
(09-12-2021, 11:41 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 11:37 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/05/22/oba...ngs-count/

We don’t control China. They can make or allow all the viruses they want, but it’s up to us to protect ourselves. Trump’s fault was downplaying this and playing politics. When Covid began,  ALL AMERICANS were behind mitigation, but when Trump turned it political then the wheels fell off.  Hence is why unvaccinated people are getting sick and dying today:  Mostly Republicans at that.  Gonna be hard to make up for the illegal aliens and space aliens Dems have voting when you’re killing your own voters.

As I said, Trump is not the president. Your post is off-topic. There is only one president who was responsible for the 10 innocent victims that died as the result of Joe Biden's incompetence and there is only one president who is responsible for the loss of 13 service members during the botched evacuation of Afghanistan - and only one president who should be accountable for that multitude of mistakes and leadership lapses.
Your kid gloves with Trump is on topic. 

I’m a huge critic of America’s dependence on drone warfare. I guarantee you’ve never questioned it until its failures firs your political narrative. 

Which goes for Afghanistan altogether, you clapped as we sat over there for 20 years enriching the defense industry with trillions of taxpayer dollars and now you gripe once we pull out because it fits your narrative… or cough cough wallet. 

this false outrage is nearly as funny as your fake patriotism.
(09-12-2021, 12:42 PM)Cardfan1 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 11:41 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

Your kid gloves with Trump is on topic. 

I’m a huge critic of America’s dependence on drone warfare. I guarantee you’ve never questioned it until its failures firs your political narrative. 

Which goes for Afghanistan altogether, you clapped as we sat over there for 20 years enriching the defense industry with trillions of taxpayer dollars and now you gripe once we pull out because it fits your narrative… or cough cough wallet. 

this false outrage is nearly as funny as your fake patriotism.
Deliberately misrepresenting my positions only weakens your arguments. The fake outrage is yours. You claim to be a huge critic of drone warfare, yet you cannot condemn the negligent homicide of ten people from a drone strike for which the Biden administration failed to confirm a legitimate target. Those two positions appear to be at odds with one another.
(09-12-2021, 10:07 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote:

Not that I was in any way being gracious, but you know that wasn't what I meant. Joe might work a couple hours a day, with the occasional public function sprinkled in; like receiving the remains of the 13 service men slain in Afghanistan or visiting a 9/11 memorial like you guys have made such a big deal about.

A drone strike on a vehicle suspected of carrying explosives is hardly the stuff of national news. But your side did it anyway even though the idea was so absurd even the NYT had to pass on giving support. What I was saying was he is likely far more preoccupied with ice cream cones or blaming Trump for the pandemic than to put a lot of import on overseeing a drone strike on a rattly old SUV kicking up dust in Afghanistan. But that probably does fit your idea of a meaningful response. I would venture that you have spent far more time hanging crepe on it than he did in okey-doking the strike, if he even had a say in it at all.

Frankly your post was as usual, completely off base. But you hit the laugh icon as if you had the high ground anyway. I was responding to the article Hoot put up which used the blowing up of a soccer van to validate a drone strike like we took out a nuclear submarine or something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]