Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 33 Somerset 6
Watched this one online. 

A game where Somerset’s defense was on the field all night after a turnover fest. 

Paintsville still looks like they have a long way to go but I have to think Somerset spotted them points off turnovers and their defense being exhausted. 

Somerset’s offense is just bad. They lack a player that is a big play threat but if they’d play to the strengths of the kids they have, they’d could be dangerous. The kid who wears 7 this year is a really nice utility player but they’re riding him so hard that ball distribution is lacking. The offense play calling is going to get that kid beat up to a fault. I saw so many errant passes the were over thrown or receivers never turning to the ball. Young mistakes maybe. I just can’t figure things out watching them. 

The best player on the field was #1 for Paintsville. He’s a stud. #10 also ran the ball very well. I can see this group still making a long run once they get on the same page. 

Somerset could use some help. Young or not, that offense has weapons that aren’t being utilized well.
Paintsville got some confidence back in this game. Paintsville will be a much different team in late October than we are now. We lost a lot of defensive production from last year and we are still working on getting kids in the right positions so they can succeed and the team as well. It is fun watching a team grow and develop as the season progresses.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
Where was this one streamed at?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-11-2021, 10:17 AM)Spud6 Wrote: Where was this one streamed at?

LakeCumberlandSports.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes GreyStoke's post:
  • Spud6
Congratulations Paintsville!
(09-11-2021, 09:22 AM)GreyStoke Wrote: Watched this one online. 

A game where Somerset’s defense was on the field all night after a turnover fest. 

Paintsville still looks like they have a long way to go but I have to think Somerset spotted them points off turnovers and their defense being exhausted. 

Somerset’s offense is just bad. They lack a player that is a big play threat but if they’d play to the strengths of the kids they have, they’d could be dangerous. The kid who wears 7 this year is a really nice utility player but they’re riding him so hard that ball distribution is lacking. The offense play calling is going to get that kid beat up to a fault. I saw so many errant passes the were over thrown or receivers never turning to the ball. Young mistakes maybe. I just can’t figure things out watching them. 

The best player on the field was #1 for Paintsville. He’s a stud. #10 also ran the ball very well. I can see this group still making a long run once they get on the same page. 

Somerset could use some help. Young or not, that offense has weapons that aren’t being utilized well.
Everything you said was spot on. Offense play call is horrible.  They won't change because it's like the coaches can't coach anything else. Play calling is so predictable.  7 is only Jr. He's takin so many snaps due to Doan being out, probably for year. The back up QB is better then the starting QB in my opinion, but starter he's a great receiver and defender, but gotta keep certain people happy I hear. They are young, and no way is 85 or 84 the TE a top 10 player in state.cant run, can't catch, just big, but a great punter. The one kid on defense, I think they said Reed will be a beast next year great defensive player. This team will be a contender next year, if they can physical get through the rough schedule.  You got to fit the system to your talent, and not force kids to play to what you want, and not use they're talents. The OL is horrible.  Stand straight up not dropping hips. Worse OL in a long time, but they are young and lost two key lineman this year. Thanks to Russell Co. They won't be 0-10. I said last week I saw 2-3 possible wins. I'm serving my crow with uncle rays spicy because I don't see a winnable game unless changes are made, or unless covid plays 12 man., but I just have a opinion like anyone else I still love my Jumpers.

(09-11-2021, 09:52 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Paintsville got some confidence back in this game. Paintsville will be a much different team in late October than we are now. We lost a lot of defensive production from last year and we are still working on getting kids in the right positions so they can succeed and the team as well. It is fun watching a team grow and develop as the season progresses.
Paintsville  made many young mistakes last night, just like Somerset. Both teams will grow, but Tigers grew more last night. Somerset only 3 playable seniors and only one starts, and ones a kicker. I think both teams will be happy next year. Congrats to the Tigers. You have a great team coming next year just have them be patient, and they could see Kroger next year.
Ug-lee!

Bunnies travel to Corbin next. Maybe a good week to “self-quarantine.”
Congratulations on the first and hope they are many more except if it’s one team you play
(09-11-2021, 11:37 AM)foozeball80 Wrote:

Everything you said was spot on. Offense play call is horrible.  They won't change because it's like the coaches can't coach anything else. Play calling is so predictable.  7 is only Jr. He's takin so many snaps due to Doan being out, probably for year. The back up QB is better then the starting QB in my opinion, but starter he's a great receiver and defender, but gotta keep certain people happy I hear. They are young, and no way is 85 or 84 the TE a top 10 player in state.cant run, can't catch, just big, but a great punter. The one kid on defense, I think they said Reed will be a beast next year great defensive player. This team will be a contender next year, if they can physical get through the rough schedule.  You got to fit the system to your talent, and not force kids to play to what you want, and not use they're talents. The OL is horrible.  Stand straight up not dropping hips. Worse OL in a long time, but they are young and lost two key lineman this year. Thanks to Russell Co. They won't be 0-10. I said last week I saw 2-3 possible wins. I'm serving my crow with uncle rays spicy because I don't see a winnable game unless changes are made, or unless covid plays 12 man., but I just have a opinion like anyone else I still love my Jumpers.

(09-11-2021, 09:52 AM)2000PHS Wrote: Paintsville got some confidence back in this game. Paintsville will be a much different team in late October than we are now. We lost a lot of defensive production from last year and we are still working on getting kids in the right positions so they can succeed and the team as well. It is fun watching a team grow and develop as the season progresses.
Paintsville  made many young mistakes last night, just like Somerset. Both teams will grow, but Tigers grew more last night. Somerset only 3 playable seniors and only one starts, and ones a kicker. I think both teams will be happy next year. Congrats to the Tigers. You have a great team coming next year just have them be patient, and they could see Kroger next year.

Spot on here. Somerset is not good, but I don't think they are as bad as they are showing. IMO for the past two years we have not been using our personnel in the right spots. Last year, you've got two RBs in Smith and Garland that carried you to a state title the year before (along with Bruner, to be fair), yet you barely use them. This year, it just seems all wrong. Gross is a great football player, I saw him play in middle school and he was one of the better players on that state championship team, but he is not a high school QB IMO.
(09-11-2021, 09:37 PM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 11:37 AM)foozeball80 Wrote:

Spot on here. Somerset is not good, but I don't think they are as bad as they are showing. IMO for the past two years we have not been using our personnel in the right spots. Last year, you've got two RBs in Smith and Garland that carried you to a state title the year before (along with Bruner, to be fair), yet you barely use them. This year, it just seems all wrong. Gross is a great football player, I saw him play in middle school and he was one of the better players on that state championship team, but he is not a high school QB IMO.
And last year 2 loses to LCA by a touchdown. They couldn't stop garland or smith, but yet they get to the red zone and not use them. It's crazy. Somerset throws that screen play, you know the one that never works. They have ran it hundreds of times, and lucky if its worked 20 times in 5 years. Just saying. I agree with you.
Somerset coaches have to actually coach this year. They dont have a Grundy, Sherron or Garland that won games for them just off of being great football players.