Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 36 Pike Central 28
Final. Congratulations Clay County! 3-1 start on the season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Tigerfan56
Wow! Very nice. Glad for those kids!
How about them boys from Manchester going on the road and getting it done. I know they had a bunch of starters out this week but it looks like they still had enough in the tank to win a close one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hogsnot's post:
  • Tigerfan56
Figured I would update a little about this game. Pike County Central tied up the game 28-28 with :38 seconds remaining in the game for the Clay County offense to have one last chance. With 3 time outs and starting on the 39 yard line, #9 Adam Collins and #1 Tate Rice hooked up 3 of the 4 plays and saved the best for last with time running out. Rice threw a pass from the 23 yard line to Adam Collins and he made two defenders miss and went into the end zone to win the game. Very proud of these kids. I know the families of these young men and I could imagine how they felt to watch these kids make the plays for there team to win. Clay had some kids out with injuries, praying for those boys. I said it a few weeks ago, got to put the ball into the hands of the playmakers and #1 and #9 are for real. Congratulations!!!
Coach Sizemore has got Clay moving in the right direction, pre Sizemore they would have dropped this game, with the way things played out, imo. The kids having the confidence to do this at the end of the game shows they believe in their coach and more importantly, themselves.
(09-16-2021, 08:30 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: Coach Sizemore has got Clay moving in the right direction, pre Sizemore they would have dropped this game, with the way things played out, imo.  The kids having the confidence to do this at the end of the game shows they believe in their coach and more importantly, themselves.

Pre Sizemore was awful. A coach every year almost. I like there talent pool right now. Big Tackle who will be a force to be reckoned with. QB who is only going to get better and already a hand full. They seem to always find a heck of a running back. New turf field to be revealed, I reckon next week against Harlan. New Bleachers coming next year with new baseball fields and hearing renovations of the Bobby Keith gym as well. Lots to be excited about in Clay County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Tigerfan56
Glad to see the football team improving…long overdue. Baseball has been steady for the last 10-15 years. Community needs a basketball coach the players and fans can believe in.