Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Letcher Central 36 Hazard 0
Bounce back performance from the Cougars
This one is going to have a lot of folks eating crow
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Red and Black
Congratulations to Letcher County
LCC has a good team. Can’t base everything on loss to Pikeville because a lot of teams will have that same loss. Only problem LCC will continually have is being in district with Johnson Central
Congratulations LCC! Nice Statement game! I flat out was wrong about this game. You were right Jet Pilot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • jetpilot
Letcher County got it going in the 2nd quarter and never looked back. Hazards game is summed up from the very first play of game. Wide open receiver drops what would of been a touchdown or very deep into Letcher County territory. Letcher County didn’t rotate and it showed tonight. Different Letcher County team than last week.
Cougars have some good football players. Good bounce back win.
(09-11-2021, 12:14 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Letcher County got it going in the 2nd quarter and never looked back. Hazards game is summed up from the very first play of game. Wide open receiver drops what would of been a touchdown or very deep into Letcher County territory. Letcher County didn’t rotate and it showed tonight. Different Letcher County team than last week.
No, different team on the other side of the ball.
(09-11-2021, 01:10 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 12:14 AM)bac2369 Wrote: Letcher County got it going in the 2nd quarter and never looked back. Hazards game is summed up from the very first play of game. Wide open receiver drops what would of been a touchdown or very deep into Letcher County territory. Letcher County didn’t rotate and it showed tonight. Different Letcher County team than last week.

When a team gets embarrassed like they did the week before this game. They will be a different team the next week/time they play ( especially when you got a good coaching staff). So give that staff credit for having them ready for the game.Hazard takes the loss here and that’s okay with me as sometimes you learn more from defeat than winning . Hazard just couldnt get anything going . Hazard had two starters out tonight, one from being suspended for the game for a fight in the Harlan County game who was hazards leading tackler last season and other I’m not sure why he didn’t play. Hazard also has several injuries this early in the season, hoping some of those make it back for the playoffs or late regular season.
I think QB1 for LCC proved tonight he should be the one and only QB for LCC. But who knows at LCC…those coaches do not play to win…they play to please parents instead…
I would hate to coach at Letcher Central.
Imagine beating a good Hazard team 36-0 and get criticized.
(09-11-2021, 01:49 AM)bac2369 Wrote:

When a team gets embarrassed like they did the week before this game. They will be a different team the next week/time they play ( especially when you got a good coaching staff). So give that staff credit for having them ready for the game.Hazard takes the loss here and that’s okay with me as sometimes you learn more from defeat than winning . Hazard just couldnt get anything going . Hazard had two starters out tonight, one from being suspended for the game for a fight in the Harlan County game who was hazards leading tackler last season and other I’m not sure why he didn’t play. Hazard also has several injuries this early in the season, hoping some of those make it back for the playoffs or late regular season.
I'm kind of amazed LCC shut Johnson down.
(09-11-2021, 06:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

It looked like to me that Johnson and Hazard laid down about midway in 2nd quarter. The game was 0-0 in the 2 quarter and Letcher started playing really physical and dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides. I could tell after the first TD that Hazards body language changed and they just got beat down the rest of the way. Letcher could have put up 60 if not for running clock in 3rd quarter. Never seen a very evenly played game turn that fast. Hazards is using a freshman at QB.
(09-11-2021, 06:29 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

I’m not sure how many carries, but he was kept in check. Hazard came out trying to throw the ball more than usual. Maybe what was seen on tape I’m assuming. Hazard may of thrown deep 4 times, rest was short or bubble sceeens.
Saw this coming. If you shut down Johnson then Hazard cant do anything. LCC is a good football team. Did they rotate QBs this game?
(09-11-2021, 09:13 AM)Red and Black Wrote: Saw this coming. If you shut down Johnson then Hazard cant do anything. LCC is a good football team. Did they rotate QBs this game?

yes, until mid 2nd quarter I think.
Early penalties and turnovers was difference in game. Letcher looked more physical in this one. They took the loss from Pikeville and built off it. I look for Hazard to do the same.
There is a giant pile of crow in the prediction thread waiting for dougie to come and lap it up, lol
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • Red and Black, TakeOver12
(09-11-2021, 11:19 AM)jetpilot Wrote: There is a giant pile of crow in the prediction thread waiting for dougie to come and lap it up, lol
They are still mediocre at best like i said Smile
(09-12-2021, 02:33 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 11:19 AM)jetpilot Wrote: There is a giant pile of crow in the prediction thread waiting for dougie to come and lap it up, lol
Not near as mediocre as you thought, you were only off by 64 points on you prediction lol.
(09-12-2021, 09:06 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 02:33 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
Not near as mediocre as you thought, you were only off by 64 points on you prediction lol.

Check my Paintsville-Somerset prediction. lol