Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Central 37 Belfry 6 Final
Belfry 0-4 on the start of season can they turn it around………Congrats Central & Good Luck Rest Of Season…….
First time since the 70s I think the announcer said! Can anyone clarify?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Until Belfry can quit having multiple turnovers this will be the result when they play good teams. Half of the turnovers are at the snap. Plus the tackling tonight was atrocious in the first half. The o line is struggling also. Many times this season, not just tonight the ball carrier is getting hit 2 yards behind the LOS soon as he gets the hand off.
(09-10-2021, 11:22 PM)PirateNation71 Wrote: Belfry 0-4 on the start of season can they turn it around………Congrats Central & Good Luck Rest Of Season…….
The key to a turn around is stopping the turnovers. First play tonight the center snapped the ball and was 5 yards downfield before anyone else moved. Tackling was awful. Several good hits in backfield but no wrap up so running back bounced off and gained yardage. Next Friday is Pikeville and they are playing very good right now so it doesn’t get any easier. Add to that that Lawrence county is playing pretty good right now turn around better come quickly
(09-10-2021, 11:31 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Until Belfry can quit having multiple turnovers this will be the result when they play good teams. Half of the turnovers are at the snap. Plus the tackling tonight was atrocious in the first half. The o line is struggling also. Many times this season, not just tonight the ball carrier is getting hit 2 yards behind the LOS soon as he gets the hand off.

Hard to go from snapping under center your entire life and Belfry's entire life to snapping shotgun all in one offseason.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Almost the same type situation last year. Started off kinda sluggish. Won a title. Now I don’t know enough about them to say it could happen. But I remember some fans were down and out about the team and the coaches. Just trying to tell them to keep their head up. The past success of belfry almost haunts them. Going undefeated, the titles, people grow to expect it no matter what. And Belfty had the perfect storm for a long time with talent, coaches, and opponent level. It’s not realistic to have that every year.
Could get ugly on Pond Creek next week with Pikeville making the trip.
I got Pikeville by as many as they want.

You think McNamee will really run it up or show some respect to Haywood?
[-] The following 2 users Like wolfcat's post:
  • BoondockSaint, PHS DYNASTY
(09-10-2021, 11:33 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 11:31 PM)pirateforlife Wrote: Until Belfry can quit having multiple turnovers this will be the result when they play good teams. Half of the turnovers are at the snap. Plus the tackling tonight was atrocious in the first half. The o line is struggling also. Many times this season, not just tonight the ball carrier is getting hit 2 yards behind the LOS soon as he gets the hand off.

Hard to go from snapping under center your entire life and Belfry's entire life to snapping shotgun all in one offseason.
The snaps that they are fumbling are from under center not shotgun. The game is on D&D if you want to watch the replay. Idk how many yac yards Central had but it had to be 90 percent of the yards in the 1st half. They even moved Dixon to hb quite a bit and had some success but not what is going to be needed if Belfry wants to make a serious run in November.
(09-10-2021, 11:38 PM)pirateforlife Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 11:33 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

The snaps that they are fumbling are from under center not shotgun. The game is on D&D if you want to watch the replay. Idk how many yac yards Central had but it had to be 90 percent of the yards in the 1st half. They even moved Dixon to hb quite a bit and had some success but not what is going to be needed if Belfry wants to make a serious run in November.

Yeah watching now!

And man if this Central offense can out 37 on Belfry, then Pikeville will running clock them. And the body language is atrocious from Belfry and I'm only in the 1st quarter.
#BBFL
(09-10-2021, 11:22 PM)PirateNation71 Wrote: Belfry 0-4 on the start of season can they turn it around………Congrats Central & Good Luck Rest Of Season…….
 I got faith in belfry to make a run in 3A……………. Maybe not next week but the week after!!!
Made it to halftime. Just a bad looking belfry football team. Can’t tackle and can’t block. And the worst part is this central team doesn’t look great like a normal Central team would
#BBFL
I think belfry could have better success with Dixon at RB position, I just think it is a mistake to use him at QB, I know he is a very talented kid but the defense can key more on him at this position and we just don’t have the other player that puts up a threat to score on any given snap if you know what I’m saying, tonight showed exactly that, when they moved him back to the RB position and brought 11 in at QB he had success with positive yards but as soon as they stuck him back in the QB/wildcat position it seems we go backwards more than forward but again just my opinion……….
belfry will be ok i bet they make a run for another 3a ship this year
[-] The following 1 user Likes mr yellow jacket's post:
  • PirateNation71
(09-10-2021, 11:36 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Could get ugly on Pond Creek next week with Pikeville making the trip.

Anyone that knows Coach Mac knows he's a gentleman just like Haywood .He's going to win and win convincingly, but being the classy Coach that he is, he'll never run the score up on any opponent, even if it was run up on him at one time by the opposing Coach and i'm not referring that to Phillip Haywood. They have too much respect for each other.
Belfry has the size and the speed, just not the swagger. I think they'll get it turned around soon. Good game by central.
(09-11-2021, 12:09 AM)64SUR Wrote:
 I got faith in belfry to make a run in 3A……………. Maybe not next week but the week after!!!

I do too, something tells me this season will end different than it has started.
(09-11-2021, 02:35 AM)PHS DYNASTY Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 11:36 PM)wolfcat Wrote: Could get ugly on Pond Creek next week with Pikeville making the trip.

Anyone that knows Coach Mac knows he's a gentleman just like Haywood .He's going to win and win convincingly, but being the classy Coach that he is, he'll never run the score up on any opponent, even if it was run up on him at one time by the opposing Coach and i'm not referring that to Phillip Haywood. They have too much respect for each other.
Haywood has been known to run the score up on a few occasions. Back in early 2010s he put some big numbers up on Pikeville
(09-11-2021, 10:54 AM)wolfcat Wrote:

Haywood has been known to run the score up on a few occasions. Back in early 2010s he put some big numbers up on Pikeville
Both coaches get the running clock and JV plays rest of game. JV kids take advantage of their time on the field they want to show the fans what they can do also. Neither coach will ask those younger kids to go on the field and lay down. Seen both teams kneel late in games when was very likely going to put more points on the board. Plus why risk injury to your starters.

Haywood never ran the score up during any year on Pikeville. The early 2010s Pikeville was not very good and Haywood took starters out usually after it got to q running clock and that was usually early 3rd quarter maybe even by halftime. That's why Belfry has never had a Mr. football winner. Haywood won't let his players stay in to pad their stats against weaker competition.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pirateforlife's post:
  • PHS DYNASTY
Belfry has never run it up on PHS other than Pikeville being so bad they could not help getting beat that bad.

Belfry showed life the second half. The defense was superb allowing only one first down and one short field score.

Turnover are still the key. Minus 10 after 3 games will get you nowhere.
Pikeville must have stolen some of the West Virginians. lol

I guess it depends on your definition of "running it up", but I have never seen it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • BoondockSaint