Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 49 Pulaski County 6
(09-11-2021, 07:22 PM)back country Wrote: Sounds like you are drinking your own coolaid. If you think Johnson Central and Boyle Co. are not for real , you better recheck their schedules. If Boyle wins out they would have the top RPI. They are getting better with every game and we know Johnson Central is already there. Get real and see that this a 3 team battle to the end.

I would like for you to explain to me how a team with 1 loss will have a higher RPI than a team with no losses if both team wins out?

Just curious, I missed the part where Hound said something negative in this thread about Johnson Central or Boyle County? I will tell you that Corbin is getting better as well. We fully understand what is at stake. I hope to play both, but unfortunately, I say we will only see one of them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Hound05
(09-11-2021, 07:22 PM)back country Wrote: Sounds like you are drinking your own coolaid. If you think Johnson Central and Boyle Co. are not for real , you better recheck their schedules. If Boyle wins out they would have the top RPI. They are getting better with every game and we know Johnson Central is already there. Get real and see that this a 3 team battle to the end.

It’s always an attempt to take things out of context, they can get on here and pump their teams up but when they hit a bump in the road then there’s always an attempt to lash out and try to make someone else look bad or act like they’re being disrespected.  I don’t see anyone on this thread trying to discredit or overlook either team mentioned, I’ve said from the beginning of the season JC and Boyle will potentially be matchup problems but you don’t win or lose games on a message board.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Gitback Coach, Hound05
Ummmmmmm…… hahahah ok?!! Don’t know where I said JC and Boyle weren’t “for real”? Sorry if I didn’t give them enough praise in a Corbin thread. I fully realize what type of team they have since we’ve been going against them the last few years. But like you said, let’s get real…. It’s pretty much mathematically impossible for a team that has one loss, especially to a lower class team, even though it was a damn good team, to be higher in RPI than a team batting a 1000 in the win/loss category. This was discussed before we transitioned to this system, coaches can schedule cupcakes and get a higher RPI than a team with a tough schedule. Not saying anyone in the top of 4A is doing that, but it’s apparent. If Jc, Corbin, and Boyle win out. Corbin would be #1 RPI. Now you, me, or anyone else think they are the best out there, that’s a different argument. But RPI is black and white. I honestly, we’ll hopefully, think you just misread what I said earlier, because there is no way you could even infer what you replied by what I said. I’ve seen people on here in the past posting that “their team” will walk through to the title, or it’s not even close. I’m not that naïve. NO ONE is head and shoulders above the rest, and just as in years past, those who said that, had a lot of crow to eat. It will be a battle for whoever.
(09-11-2021, 10:02 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 12:40 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hey guys, for those who were at the game tonight, how did the Hounds' "D" look?  It seemed like Pulaski moved the ball pretty well, especially early on.  I know Pulaski has some nice skill players on offense. They put up 35 on Lex Cath and 29 on Boyle.  Overall, how did Corbin's defense grade out?  Any concerns?

Also, let me say this :  THE UNDENIABLE TRUTH  is ....  Corbin's pretty good!!!!

OSH our defense was just a little flat last night. But after a huge Franklin win the week before, no doubt looked a little less fiery at times. But even with giving up some deep drives in Corbin territory, they just would either recover a fumble, interception or force a turnover on downs. So not our normal look, but dang, you hold a team to 6 points at home. Pretty darn good. #23 a big interception, #15 a big interception run back for a touchdown. #41 always shows up for a big fight.  Really not worried about that, because we also had a starter out on the d line last night. Very proud of our bend don't break defense. Pulaski #12 looked very good. He really distributed the ball nice on the scramble to his playmakers and they did a nice job as well making the catches. But once they got near the 20 it all just dried up and you got to give credit to the Corbin defense as they every time but one would come tighten up and hold.

(09-11-2021, 10:01 AM)Oldtiger Wrote: I don't see any 4A team competing with Corbin this year, matter of fact, I don't see any 5A team that can.  Ole' Hounds may go on a run and stack up more than one state championship over the next few years.  Only teams that can stop them right now is COVID and Injuries.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The younger hounds are loaded. We put the JV in last night on offense late in the 3rd and they got a score against the Pulaski varsity. #14 I predict will be force to be reckoned with once he gets turned loose at QB and gets settled in when its his time.

I need to get one like him to come to Goldbug.
(09-11-2021, 03:39 PM)nemo Wrote: "The Hurdle" from Huff's Twitter page.

penalty. call it back.
(09-11-2021, 05:22 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 04:23 PM)Spud6 Wrote:

Did it get called back? It’s illegal in high school football
No it didn’t. 

the rule pretty much states that you can hurdle if the other player dives at your legs. When the Pc player went for his legs it made it a legal play. 

chase estep for Corbin had a beautiful hurdle, but it would always get called back because he would just jump over the player, with him diving, which was illegal. But man it sure was pretty.

I don't think the rule states you are allowed to hurdle if they go for your legs. I think it's  a penalty Smile
(09-11-2021, 07:50 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

It’s always an attempt to take things out of context, they can get on here and pump their teams up but when they hit a bump in the road then there’s always an attempt to lash out and try to make someone else look bad or act like they’re being disrespected.  I don’t see anyone on this thread trying to discredit or overlook either team mentioned, I’ve said from the beginning of the season JC and Boyle will potentially be matchup problems but you don’t win or lose games on a message board.

Most people want to be coddled nowadays. lol
(09-12-2021, 01:51 AM)pjdoug Wrote:

No it didn’t. 

the rule pretty much states that you can hurdle if the other player dives at your legs. When the Pc player went for his legs it made it a legal play. 

chase estep for Corbin had a beautiful hurdle, but it would always get called back because he would just jump over the player, with him diving, which was illegal. But man it sure was pretty.

I don't think the rule states you are allowed to hurdle if they go for your legs. I think it's  a penalty Smile

It’s a bull crap rule then…. Smile
(09-12-2021, 02:04 AM)TD Hounds Wrote:

No it didn’t. 

It’s a bull crap rule then…. Smile
I don't disagree with that, but I watched my team get penalized for the same thing. lol

No it didn’t. 

You're right. The rule doesn't say anything about one player going after another player's legs. It only states "Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump (hurdle) with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is contacting the ground with no part of his body except one or both feet."
I read the rule once and you can jump over a defensive player if any part of his body is contacting the ground besides his feet
(09-12-2021, 09:57 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:

No it didn’t. 

You're right. The rule doesn't say anything about one player going after another player's legs. It only states "Hurdling is an attempt by a player to jump (hurdle) with one or both feet or knees foremost over an opponent who is contacting the ground with no part of his body except one or both feet."
Hmm. Well… I could have swore that if they dive at you, you can jump over then. But there it is in black and white. I guess you can interpret that as if the opponent isn’t contacting the ground with either foot, it’s legal? Like him diving at you? I don’t know? I think it could be read that way though.
(09-12-2021, 12:42 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-12-2021, 09:57 AM)jamesdeane Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 04:23 PM)Spud6 Wrote: Did it get called back? It’s illegal in high school football
No it didn’t. 

Hmm. Well… I could have swore that if they dive at you, you can jump over then. But there it is in black and white. I guess you can interpret that as if the opponent isn’t contacting the ground with either foot, it’s legal? Like him diving at you? I don’t know? I think it could be read that way though.
You would be right if it was NCAA or NFL, but it's a penalty in High School I think Smile
Impressive win for the Hounds.