Corbin 49 Pulaski County 6
Final.

Congratulations Red Hounds!!
Congratulations to the Redhounds, looks like they are making a statement
Congrats Corbin!!!
Boyle County 41
Henderson County 7

End of third
Corbin now gets to set the cruise control to the playoffs.
Congratulations Redhounds couldn’t make it to the game tonight
Boyle County 48
Henderson County 07

Late in 4Q running Clock
So given the rest of their schedule, this should pretty much lock up #1 in the RPI for Corbin, right?
I think we are on a collision course with Boyle County. Corbin’s D is likely further along at this point and will be hard for the Rebels to put up big numbers on though. Both offenses are explosive but Corbin seems more balanced and dynamic which will allow ball control. That’s just my take at the moment. A lot of time between now and then though. Plus there is a damn fine powerhouse over in Johnson County with a lot to play for that won’t be laying down for anyone.
(09-10-2021, 10:58 PM)GreyStoke Wrote: Corbin now gets to set the cruise control to the playoffs.
I wouldn’t say that. An honestly I hope not. Complacency is a b!tch. And there’s a few teams remaining that could give us all we want. I know LC lost to bell tonight. But I’ve watched them! They can play on offense. And their D isn’t a pushover either.
(09-10-2021, 11:18 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: So given the rest of their schedule, this should pretty much lock up #1 in the RPI for Corbin, right?
I’d say if everyone runs the table from here out, then yes, we’d be #1 RPI. But cancellations, and god forbid an L, can change that real quick. Plus I’ll have to read up again how they rank out of state teams. I’m pretty sure they give them a .500 for RPI scoring. Did JC get a forfeit with bishop sycamore? It was it just a cancellation? If so that hurts them.
(09-10-2021, 11:19 PM)Corbin Wrote: I think we are on a collision course with Boyle County. Corbin’s D is likely further along at this point and will be hard for the Rebels to put up big numbers on though. Both offenses are explosive but Corbin seems more balanced and dynamic which will allow ball control. That’s just my take at the moment. A lot of time between now and then though. Plus there is a damn fine powerhouse over in Johnson County with a lot to play for that won’t be laying down for anyone.
 Never count out central either, they always go under the radar and then show up with a monster defense. 

I don’t think Corbin wants to avoid anybody, and I’d say they want another round with JC. But having that 1 seed and an easier road obviously gives us better odds. Plus we wouldn’t get beat down on think road to Kroger by physical teams like JC, etc.
Hey guys, for those who were at the game tonight, how did the Hounds' "D" look?  It seemed like Pulaski moved the ball pretty well, especially early on.  I know Pulaski has some nice skill players on offense. They put up 35 on Lex Cath and 29 on Boyle.  Overall, how did Corbin's defense grade out?  Any concerns?

Also, let me say this :  THE UNDENIABLE TRUTH  is ....  Corbin's pretty good!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • 64SUR
A lot can happen. Corbin could get his with Covid or anything. There are no guarantees this season.
(09-10-2021, 10:58 PM)64SUR Wrote: Congratulations Redhounds couldn’t make it to the game tonight

busy recruiting for a different team?
4A playoffs should be fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BEChargers
(09-10-2021, 11:41 PM)Hound05 Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 11:18 PM)RoShamBo Wrote: So given the rest of their schedule, this should pretty much lock up #1 in the RPI for Corbin, right?
I’d say if everyone runs the table from here out, then yes, we’d be #1 RPI. But cancellations, and god forbid an L, can change that real quick. Plus I’ll have to read up again how they rank out of state teams. I’m pretty sure they give them a .500 for RPI scoring. Did JC get a forfeit with bishop sycamore? It was it just a cancellation? If so that hurts them.

I don't think they get a .500 for the team they are playing, the KHSAA just uses .500 for the OOP, or opponent's opponents' winning percentage.

So OP would be whatever the W-L is for the team they are playing, but OOP would be set at .500 for any out of state team. At least I'm pretty certain that is the case.
One game at a time, take it slow and play the next game in front of you, way to early to be talking playoffs, even though I know it’s fun.

Didn’t get to make it to the game tonight unfortunately, but I guess the hounds took care of business I thought Pulaski would be a better game than this
Seems everybody is wondering about your all’s Defense but I looked at the scores and you have 156 to 34 they must be doing something right with like 6 INT I can’t remember but like 3 fumble recoveries I don’t know if you all know much about football ?
Corbin defense was a little shaky tonight…………….but hard hits and 4 turnovers help a lot. Go Hounds
(09-11-2021, 12:57 AM)RoShamBo Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 11:41 PM)Hound05 Wrote:

I don't think they get a .500 for the team they are playing, the KHSAA just uses .500 for the OOP, or opponent's opponents' winning percentage.

So OP would be whatever the W-L is for the team they are playing, but OOP would be set at .500 for any out of state team. At least I'm pretty certain that is the case.
Yes, that’s what I meant. Should have worded it a little better. It kind of sucks if play a very good out of state team, but I get why they do it. To much to keep track of.
(09-11-2021, 12:40 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hey guys, for those who were at the game tonight, how did the Hounds' "D" look?  It seemed like Pulaski moved the ball pretty well, especially early on.  I know Pulaski has some nice skill players on offense. They put up 35 on Lex Cath and 29 on Boyle.  Overall, how did Corbin's defense grade out?  Any concerns?

Also, let me say this :  THE UNDENIABLE TRUTH  is ....  Corbin's pretty good!!!!
I left after the 3 qtr. but I don’t think I missed to much. I don’t know, it kinda seemed like what you said, they moved the ball pretty decent, but then you look and they scored 6 points. I think they went for the home run plays, they either got some killer yards, or a big whifff, and an interception. It was one of those, if you turned your head, you’d be like how did Corbin get the ball back? But PC did find some open holes in the secondary some though as well. They have put some points up this year in 2 of the 4 games. And even with the Boyle game, like ours, they did get the ball up field, just couldn’t finish it off. I would like to see the stats from this one when they post it. 

offense was amazing! Again! Huff looked pretty good for his opener. I was almost right at field level for the hurdle. So I didn’t get a good view of it. Just kinda seen him go higher than the line of players that we’re between me and him. They said it was a athletic play. He’s also got the spin move done. His a little different than mills it looked like. He spins off tackles. Mills spins and makes them miss or doesn’t take a full blown hit. But those two are a one two punch running. If we need 3 yards, he’s my go to!! And the kids seems like a team player! He had some huge blocks when the ball wasn’t in his hands that allowed for some major extra yards! There’s a few that can take some notes. 

But at the end of the day, it still perplexes me how we only gave up six, but I guess it’s the bend don’t break motto. PC isn’t what they have been, but not a bad team either. They didn’t give up. Pretty pleased with this one. D needs to tighten up coverage some. But I kinda expected this after a big game last week for us and PC coming off a loss that they don’t see often.

Yes.
I don't see any 4A team competing with Corbin this year, matter of fact, I don't see any 5A team that can. Ole' Hounds may go on a run and stack up more than one state championship over the next few years. Only teams that can stop them right now is COVID and Injuries.
(09-11-2021, 12:40 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Hey guys, for those who were at the game tonight, how did the Hounds' "D" look?  It seemed like Pulaski moved the ball pretty well, especially early on.  I know Pulaski has some nice skill players on offense. They put up 35 on Lex Cath and 29 on Boyle.  Overall, how did Corbin's defense grade out?  Any concerns?

OSH our defense was just a little flat last night. But after a huge Franklin win the week before, no doubt looked a little less fiery at times. But even with giving up some deep drives in Corbin territory, they just would either recover a fumble, interception or force a turnover on downs. So not our normal look, but dang, you hold a team to 6 points at home. Pretty darn good. #23 a big interception, #15 a big interception run back for a touchdown. #41 always shows up for a big fight.  Really not worried about that, because we also had a starter out on the d line last night. Very proud of our bend don't break defense. Pulaski #12 looked very good. He really distributed the ball nice on the scramble to his playmakers and they did a nice job as well making the catches. But once they got near the 20 it all just dried up and you got to give credit to the Corbin defense as they every time but one would come tighten up and hold.

(09-11-2021, 10:01 AM)Oldtiger Wrote: I don't see any 4A team competing with Corbin this year, matter of fact, I don't see any 5A team that can.  Ole' Hounds may go on a run and stack up more than one state championship over the next few years.  Only teams that can stop them right now is COVID and Injuries.

That's what I'm thinking as well. The younger hounds are loaded. We put the JV in last night on offense late in the 3rd and they got a score against the Pulaski varsity. #14 I predict will be force to be reckoned with once he gets turned loose at QB and gets settled in when its his time.
"The Hurdle" from Huff's Twitter page.
(09-11-2021, 03:39 PM)nemo Wrote: "The Hurdle" from Huff's Twitter page.

Did it get called back? It’s illegal in high school football
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(09-11-2021, 01:24 AM)606CATS Wrote: Seems everybody is wondering about your all’s  Defense but I looked at the scores and you have 156 to 34 they must be doing something right with like 6 INT I can’t remember but like 3 fumble recoveries I don’t know if you all know much about football ?
I think it’s the fact that this D bends a little more than our past units. Maybe not as flashy as some either. But they are tough, especially on paper.
(09-11-2021, 04:23 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 03:39 PM)nemo Wrote: "The Hurdle" from Huff's Twitter page.

Did it get called back? It’s illegal in high school football
No it didn’t. 

the rule pretty much states that you can hurdle if the other player dives at your legs. When the Pc player went for his legs it made it a legal play. 

chase estep for Corbin had a beautiful hurdle, but it would always get called back because he would just jump over the player, with him diving, which was illegal. But man it sure was pretty.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hound05's post:
  • 64SUR, nemo
Sounds like you are drinking your own coolaid. If you think Johnson Central and Boyle Co. are not for real , you better recheck their schedules. If Boyle wins out they would have the top RPI. They are getting better with every game and we know Johnson Central is already there. Get real and see that this a 3 team battle to the end.