Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County 39 Russell 28
Final.
Congratulations to Lawrence County on the win. I believe Lawrence County has a great chance to rep the East at Kroger field this year.
Seems like it was a really good game
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Russell just Couldn't stop the LC run game. Russell needs to tackle better or it will be a early exit in the playoffs.
(09-09-2021, 11:06 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: Congratulations to Lawrence County on the win.  I believe Lawrence County has a great chance to rep the East at Kroger field this year.
Ashland will be hard to handle come playoff time I believe. Thought it’s was Russell’s year think Ashland will defend their Title. Shocking how bad Russell is playing. Congrats LC.
This is a nice win for Lawrence County over a solid Russell team, another step in the right direction. Bulldogs earned a lot of respect and deserve the attention now. Congrats!
Bradley Rose's receivers missed some passes that should have been caught.
Russell also needs to do a better job up front too.
Congrats LC
Watched this one on D&D Sports network, what a great job these guys does covering Highschool sports . I thought Russell would win this one, Crow season in September for me. Congratulations Lawrence County
Way to go Dawgs!
Lawrence County must be getting better every week. This is a solid win.
Lawrence co qb is very good and runs that offense perfectly. Worse defense performance in the 10 years I’ve seen by the Devils. Gotta figure out how to stop the run to advance far in the playoffs. Devils have some very good skill players that can take it to the house it will be fine but we gotta get better play calls
I remember Michael West running wild against Whitley County in 1999 I think. They had an explosive offense then, but Highlands took them to the woodshed.
Congratulations Lawrence County!
Congrats Lawrence County on a very nice win.
I got this one wrong. Guess I got lazy and went with the way LC had been trending the last several years. They’ve been playing bad football but maybe this is the year that gets them turned around. Good win LC
It's been awhile since I've seen a Lawrence Co play as physical as I seen them play this year. Con grats on the nice win.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I disagree with the statement that Lawrence County has been playing bad football, last year was cut very short due to Covid and they had some good wins and very much improved last year. It takes time to change the culture of a program and I believe the coaching staff has done that.
(09-10-2021, 12:54 PM)Batpuff Wrote: It's been awhile since I've seen a Lawrence Co play as physical as I seen them play this year. Con grats on the nice win.

LC must be good! Look what we have here.
Congratulations to Lawrence! As I said earlier on the first post about this game I expect the dawgs to be big time this year!
(09-10-2021, 01:55 PM)Panther Thunder Wrote:
(09-10-2021, 12:54 PM)Batpuff Wrote: It's been awhile since I've seen a Lawrence Co play as physical as I seen them play this year. Con grats on the nice win.

LC must be good! Look what we have here.

I was literally getting ready to post where Batpuff has been but here is is
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Big win for the dawgs. Looking forward to the belfry game.
The LC team that just bear Russell will beat Belfry by 2 scores at the least. Russell, Ashland, and Even Rowan at times, looked better than Belfry. They just dont have the same atheleticism upfront that so many have grown accustomed to.
Right now Lawrence County has to be the favorite to come out of the east. It’s early and Belfry, Ashland, and Russell all will have something to say about it but as of right now Lawrence County has to be looked at has the favorite in the east.
Lawrence will be the favorite in the East only after they go to pond creek and win. Lawrence has a very weak schedule and should be undefeated when they arrive at pond creek.
(09-11-2021, 04:00 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Lawrence will be the favorite in the East only after they go to pond creek and win. Lawrence has a very weak schedule and should be undefeated when they arrive at pond creek.
I didn’t say Lawrence was the favorite. I said they have to be looked at as the favorite right now. The Russell win is the best win anyone in the East has and Lawrence is 3-0. Belfry is 0-4, Russell is 2-2 with a win against a solid Raceland team, and Ashland is 1-3 with a win over a mediocre Boyd team. So, looking at those 4 teams who everyone would agree is the top 4 teams in the east. Lawrence has to be talked about as the favorite. But you’re right they probably won’t get the respect until they beat Belfry. Which should be a great game this year.
This Russell /Lawrence County series has been a good one. Russell holds a 6-5 advantage right now after Thursdays game.
Belfry is 0-4 with a Covid forfeit and losing to Cov Cath, Pulaski and Central. Russell has a good win over Raceland but got worn out by Wheelersburg. If Belfry had played the same schedule as Lawrence they would be 4-0 and it will show in the playoffs. I’m sure Lawrence has a good team but it’s hard to get ready for the playoffs playing a cupcake schedule.
(09-11-2021, 04:25 PM)Panthers Dominate Wrote: Belfry is 0-4 with a Covid forfeit and losing to Cov Cath, Pulaski and Central. Russell has a good win over Raceland but got worn out by Wheelersburg. If Belfry had played the same schedule as Lawrence they would be 4-0 and it will show in the playoffs. I’m sure Lawrence has a good team but it’s hard to get ready for the playoffs playing a cupcake 
I disagree Lawrence just beat one of the better programs in the area and go on to play two undefeated teams the next two games. Magoffin county has made some improvements and return a talented senior hold back and quarter back. It should be a good game.