Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
2022 14th Region
Who will be this year's favorite? Perry returns just about everyone and I look for them to be the team to beat. Of course you can never count out Hazard as they return several key players as well. I know Knott lost a lot from last year. What will they have? Estill had a great run last year. What do they return? Breathitt?
Estill lost their their best pitcher in Elam and Rocky Hix. They will have a tough schedule. I know the football Engineers got some transfers over the summer but not for sure it they'll play any other sport than football.

Estill has 7 seniors, 4 JR and 9 SO.

Wolfe has a loaded schedule that includes Lex Cath.

Breathitt has a tough schedule as well. That includes both Madison Central and LCA.
(09-08-2021, 04:44 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill lost their their best pitcher in Elam and  Rocky Hix. They will have a tough schedule. I know the football Engineers got some transfers over the summer but not for sure it they'll play any other sport than football.

Estill has 7 seniors, 4 JR and 9 SO.

Wolfe has a loaded schedule that includes Lex Cath.

Breathitt has a tough schedule as well. That includes both Madison Central and LCA.
Wolfe had some good young players last season. I believe they will be much better the next coming years if they stick together.
Its going to be a fun season. Estill Co will be replacing some key guys in there line up from last years team. Forehand is there big runner for ace.

Powell Co will also be a sneaky contender. They are young and have some boys that can play. Managing them will be there trick and getting them to click. Seemed like last year it was a flip of a switch. Ive heard through the grapevine they have been working out this fall and some boys are not playing basketball.

Wolfe Co. is young. But being young isnt a bad thing. That team only plays baseball. Year around at that. Player development in that town is going to be there key and getting egos to gel.

Breathitt Co should bring back a solid team. The schedule on KHSAA looks interesting with some big name schools coming to Jackson. Also saw on Coach Hamilton's Facebook he has been spending some money on the facility with cages, turtles and strength coaches. Pretty awesome to see what he offers to those boys being a volunteer coach. Hamiltons issue will be getting his boys out with basketball. Breathitt is going to be a team that can play late into the season.

Perry Central is going to be a big contender. They have some big bats and good arms. Willis has the team to put a run together but always have to worry about that draw every year and Mehaans baseball team because we all know how that is.

Hazard haha. Need we say more. Most disciplined team in the region every year. This has showed the last 15 years. I love watching Hazard baseball and listing to coach talk about the teams goals and what they are expected to accomplish. Definitely a huge dawg every year to play in the post season. Has some quality players returning with some big arms and bats playing.

Knott Central. Lost 13 players. Dont expect them to be much. Based on KHSAA schedule they aren't playing hardly anyone so far. Will definitely be a rebuilding year for them.

Letcher Central lost 4 last year as there key players but brings back Little and some other players. I would put them as the favorite in the district. I would put the Knott/Letcher district the weakest this year.

Sleepers would be Leslie Co. If they can get a draw in the district they can come out to the region and make someone burn an arm with Hensley on the mound.

Should be very interesting to see these teams get ready for next season. Teams are already preparing for the season and looks like a great way for Eastern Kentucky baseball to make a push back into the competitive nature.
KHSAA shows Estill as region host again. Anyone confirm?
I think they should just play the region at the University of Tennessee. About the same distance from Hazard and Whitesburg.
(09-30-2021, 11:41 AM)Strikeout King Wrote: KHSAA shows Estill as region host again. Anyone confirm?
Wolfe County is what I’m hearing is host for this year 14th region baseball tournament.
(09-28-2021, 01:16 PM)SidelineFan Wrote: Its going to be a fun season. Estill Co will be replacing some key guys in there line up from last years team. Forehand is there big runner for ace.

Powell Co will also be a sneaky contender. They are young and have some boys that can play. Managing them will be there trick and getting them to click. Seemed like last year it was a flip of a switch. Ive heard through the grapevine they have been working out this fall and some boys are not playing basketball.

Wolfe Co. is young. But being young isnt a bad thing. That team only plays baseball. Year around at that. Player development in that town is going to be there key and getting egos to gel.

Breathitt Co should bring back a solid team. The schedule on KHSAA looks interesting with some big name schools coming to Jackson. Also saw on Coach Hamilton's Facebook he has been spending some money on the facility with cages, turtles and strength coaches. Pretty awesome to see what he offers to those boys being a volunteer coach. Hamiltons issue will be getting his boys out with basketball. Breathitt is going to be a team that can play late into the season.

Perry Central is going to be a big contender. They have some big bats and good arms. Willis has the team to put a run together but always have to worry about that draw every year and Mehaans baseball team because we all know how that is.

Hazard haha. Need we say more. Most disciplined team in the region every year. This has showed the last 15 years. I love watching Hazard baseball and listing to coach talk about the teams goals and what they are expected to accomplish. Definitely a huge dawg every year to play in the post season. Has some quality players returning with some big arms and bats playing.

Knott Central. Lost 13 players. Dont expect them to be much. Based on KHSAA schedule they aren't playing hardly anyone so far. Will definitely be a rebuilding year for them.

Letcher Central lost 4 last year as there key players but brings back Little and some other players. I would put them as the favorite in the district. I would put the Knott/Letcher district the weakest this year.

Sleepers would be Leslie Co. If they can get a draw in the district they can come out to the region and make someone burn an arm with Hensley on the mound.

Should be very interesting to see these teams get ready for next season. Teams are already preparing for the season and looks like a great way for Eastern Kentucky baseball to make a push back into the competitive nature.
Knott did lose 13 seniors from last year. Don’t give Letcher the district championship just yet. Knott will  have some players that will finally get a chance to show people that they can play baseball. They will have 6 players that will be solid players. Pitching will be key how successful a season Knott will have. They will be a team that will get better by end of season that will surprise people.
I’ve watched the Wilson kid at Wolfe for years at my tourneys, kid can flat play. He’s really turned into a good catcher especially only playing it for a year and getting thrown into varsity action. Molands at Wolfe is a STUD as well with elite speed on the bases. Throw in Whisman, Evans, Oliver and the Voils kid and the bunch can flat play. Don’t sleep on those kids they’ve been together a long long time and with a year of varsity under their belt they will surprise some folks. Pitching is the only thing that may hold them back. But that will come
(11-09-2021, 06:51 PM)Mchaney Wrote: I’ve watched the Wilson kid at Wolfe for years at my tourneys, kid can flat play. He’s really turned into a good catcher especially only playing it for a year and getting thrown into varsity action. Molands at Wolfe is a STUD as well with elite speed on the bases. Throw in Whisman, Evans, Oliver and the Voils kid and the bunch can flat play. Don’t sleep on those kids they’ve been together a long long time and with a year of varsity under their belt they will surprise some folks. Pitching is the only thing that may hold them back. But that will come
I saw them play Hazard in the region last year and agree. I feel this is going to be a competitive bunch. Was impressed with how they handled themselves being as young as they were.
Rumor has it the policy board met today talking about the region hosting sites this year and Breathitt Co will be hosting the 14th region tournament instead of Wolfe Co. Does anyone know the rotation and how that works? If Breathitt hosts that will be a big time advantage rolling into their home field during the post season if they put together a team. I believe they lost 2 seniors last year which is not terrible.

This does make a somewhat level playing field for everyone as well since the location of Breathitt is most central of the area.
Breathitt will need all the help they can get. Combs cant pitch every game.
(11-10-2021, 08:29 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Breathitt will need all the help they can get.  Combs cant pitch every game.

Im sure they will have arms rolling out. Not many teams return pitching this year that is dominate. Perry/Hazard bring back the best staffs but you know how that goes. 

According to KHSAA Bellamy led Breathitt with IP right behind Combs. Pitching is the hardest thing to guess every year. Well see how it goes
2022 looks to be a exciting 14th Region again... Hazard has the lucky charm in its pocket as it proved out again in the 2021 Region Championship game. They sit on top and return experienced players. Next 3-5 could be in any order.  Breathitt, Estill, PC, Powell, Letcher.  Several schools will have kids lacing up the cleats that haven't played in a year or 2, transfers and off season work could make for some real good Baseball again in the 14th. 
 Some to watch  Thacker, Combs, Forehand, Johnson, Flynn, Patrick, Johnson, Little, Waddel, Niece, Mc Alarnis, Pelfry and add others ......please
Pigman, Elkins, Daniels from Perry are solid day in day out kids.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Bluecat