Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mini Apple Bowl - Paintsville vs. Magoffin Co.
Who will win?
This gonna be 5th/6th grade? ? i guess they playing at Paintsville?
7th and 8th is actually the game I was referring to. Yes at Paintsville.
Wonder what the Tigers game plan is this week? lol
I would give the little Daniels kid and #8 the ball as much as possible.
Well that sounds good. But, Daniels is at QB and he don't get that many chances to run the ball. If it were me I would have the Sublett kid at QB and try and get the ball in the Daniels and Burchett kids hands more. The Sublett kid when at QB has only had 3 incompletions this season. They need to run more outs and quit trying to sling it down field. The outs, dumps and slants are there. The Daniels kid is a better blocker and coach won't give him a chance to knock heads. The Sublett kid gets zero snaps in practice and coach expects him to go in and play flawlessly at QB. That just isn't happening. Every game this year he has played FB, TB, TE and QB all in one game. There is no repetision what so ever happening there. No wonder they are struggling. The Burchett kid is getting run in the ground right now and being beat to death. You also have the Conely kid who has been catching the ball a lot better as of late and so has the davis kid. This is Davis' first year and he has come along way. Why not put Sublett at QB with Burchett and Davis at TB and Daniels at FB or TE. Seems like they would be more productive that way.
Hook, is there ever really a "plan". lol

I think lots of folks agree with you. There is so much individual talent on this team...too bad it hasn't been utilized in a productive way. It would have been a very different season had there not been so many sidelining injuries and so many kids playing completely beat up. Hopefully they can pull a few more games out in the "W" column.
True, The Tigers are beat up pretty badly. Two starting backs are out for the season and the line is also beat up. I know Burchett, Daniels, Sublett and Davis are black and Blue.
OffTheHook Wrote:Well that sounds good. But, Daniels is at QB and he don't get that many chances to run the ball. If it were me I would have the Sublett kid at QB and try and get the ball in the Daniels and Burchett kids hands more. The Sublett kid when at QB has only had 3 incompletions this season. They need to run more outs and quit trying to sling it down field. The outs, dumps and slants are there. The Daniels kid is a better blocker and coach won't give him a chance to knock heads. The Sublett kid gets zero snaps in practice and coach expects him to go in and play flawlessly at QB. That just isn't happening. Every game this year he has played FB, TB, TE and QB all in one game. There is no repetision what so ever happening there. No wonder they are struggling. The Burchett kid is getting run in the ground right now and being beat to death. You also have the Conely kid who has been catching the ball a lot better as of late and so has the davis kid. This is Davis' first year and he has come along way. Why not put Sublett at QB with Burchett and Davis at TB and Daniels at FB or TE. Seems like they would be more productive that way.

I think this post is just a little bit biased.
1911 Wrote:I think this post is just a little bit biased.

Biased? In what way? By saying that the other kids are better blockers and runners and deserve the ball more to where they can help their team? By putting kids where they belong? There was even another poster agreed. I have watched it all season. Kids not being played where they can help the team. This isn't just my opinion either.
Paintsville comes out on top in this one. I believe the final was 50-28. The entire team played pretty good tonight. Looked a lot better. Congrats Tigers and Hornets on a well played game.
What was the final?
Congrats boys....you did a great job!!!
What happened to the Jarrel kid? He seemed like a very good RB - athlete for the Tigers.
He suffered a dislocated knee cap. lost for the season. terry made a return the other night. Big help for the Tigers.
OffTheHook Wrote:He suffered a dislocated knee cap. lost for the season. terry made a return the other night. Big help for the Tigers.

Hate that for the Jarrell kid, he is a GREAT Basketball player too!!

Wish you the best!
your just saying that cause sublet is ur son
OffTheHook Wrote:Well that sounds good. But, Daniels is at QB and he don't get that many chances to run the ball. If it were me I would have the Sublett kid at QB and try and get the ball in the Daniels and Burchett kids hands more. The Sublett kid when at QB has only had 3 incompletions this season. They need to run more outs and quit trying to sling it down field. The outs, dumps and slants are there. The Daniels kid is a better blocker and coach won't give him a chance to knock heads. The Sublett kid gets zero snaps in practice and coach expects him to go in and play flawlessly at QB. That just isn't happening. Every game this year he has played FB, TB, TE and QB all in one game. There is no repetision what so ever happening there. No wonder they are struggling. The Burchett kid is getting run in the ground right now and being beat to death. You also have the Conely kid who has been catching the ball a lot better as of late and so has the davis kid. This is Davis' first year and he has come along way. Why not put Sublett at QB with Burchett and Davis at TB and Daniels at FB or TE. Seems like they would be more productive that way.
i think your just saying that cause sublet is your son
BIG FAN #1 Wrote:i think your just saying that cause sublet is your son

Well, hello Mr. Sherlock Holmes. And your point is. It was said because out of every kid on that team, there was 4 years of QB experience and guess what he has every one of them. Don't try and make this into a my son is better than the other kid. I will be the first to tell ya that his speed isn't what the other kids are and his blocking isn't either. If you open your eyes the reason I am saying to put him there is so that the other kids can get the ball were they can be more productive. You don't see the stuff I see every day. Hell, I just watched them today try and put Davis at QB and move the Moore kid (G) to FB, when they have played Preston at FB along with Sublett, most of the season. This could be the last game of the season. WHY, change things now? They have played pretty good the last 3 games. Daniels has stepped up as of late and played pretty good QB. I still feel he would be much more of a threat as a RB right now. Due to his speed and strength. What I was also saying which you so blindly missed was that No-one else consistantly receives any snaps at QB in practice what so ever. Heaven forbid, but if Daniels were to go down, then what. Also if you ever see my son, when I'm not around, ask him what I have always told him. I bet he tells ya, No matter where the coach puts you, you play your best and do your job for the team. Only because he is my son. Smile You don't know me very well then do ya. Rolleyes

Wait should I double post this? lol
Well this is late but the Burchett kid ran for 240yrds off 10 carries and 80yrds off two receptions, he rushed for three td's and receiving one as well.