Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are Trump's followers being conned?
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

This is a very interesting read.  He makes the argument, and a good one, that no, they are not being conned because for the most part, they willingly give it to him.

Trump's supporters are dedicated to him. Many of them love Donald Trump as a personal god or savior. For the most part, Trump's followers and cult members are eager to give him money and do so enthusiastically. To suggest otherwise is to take away their agency and free will.

Far too many among the Democratic Party's leadership, the mainstream media and liberals and progressives more generally continue to engage in acts of narcissism and projection where they convince themselves — despite an abundance of evidence to the contrary — that Trump's followers and other Republicans possess the same values, beliefs, temperament, values and respect for reason, democracy and critical thinking that they do. These assumptions are critical errors, likely to guarantee defeat in a struggle against fascism and authoritarianism in which the future of American democracy and society is at stake.

In the end, Trump's followers worship him both as an idol and an embodiment of their most destructive values, beliefs and behavior. He is them; they are him. To outsiders such a relationship appears pathological. For the Trump faithful, it has created a life of meaning, relieving their spiritual and emotional emptiness. This relationship dynamic is frequently found between charismatic fascist leaders and their followers.

Trump's followers are making a choice to love him. That love is not coerced, and they are not "victims" or "marks." For Trump's flock to abandon him at this stage — and perhaps ever — would feel like emotional, psychological and perhaps even physical self-harm. Very few of them will do such a thing. Trumpism is giving them life, even as it destroys them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Outsider's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Well, I left the republican party long before Trump. But... I still run in republican circles and regularly attend GOP functions. I have seen so many psychos gather in one room.

The hold that Trump has on much of the Republican party is sickening.

I walked in wearing my Reagan/Bush 84 t-shirt one day.. and an older lady said to me (keep in mind, I'm 38yo), thinking I was making a fashion statement, apparently... "you're too young to know anything about Reagan. but let me just tell you -- never in my entire life did I think we'd have another man like him again. A man as honest and godly as Reagan was. Or as good at his job!"

I just stood there in utter shock. And disgust.

I just went and sat in the corner alone for about 45 minutes trying to process what I heard.
(08-06-2021, 10:50 AM)ronald reagan Wrote: Well, I left the republican party long before Trump. But... I still run in republican circles and regularly attend GOP functions. I have seen so many psychos gather in one room.

I walked in wearing my Reagan/Bush 84 t-shirt one day.. and an older lady said to me (keep in mind, I'm 38yo), thinking I was making a fashion statement, apparently... "you're too young to know anything about Reagan. but let me just tell you -- never in my entire life did I think we'd have another man like him again. A man as honest and godly as Reagan was.  Or as good at his job!"

I just went and sat in the corner alone for about 45 minutes trying to process what I heard.
I don't know what it is about there Leader but he sure has them under his spell.

Leader is definitely no Reagan or Bush sr. that's for sure. I didn't like Reagan's policy's but he was a American First. Bush sr. just got caught up in trying to fix Reagan's debt he left he was a good man and definitely a American First. Unlike the Leader he was all about himself and YES he has conned the Trumpsters
[-] The following 1 user Likes vector#1's post:
  • Gitback Coach
Some striking similarities in the Trump Cult and what you see with indoctrinated evangelicals who continue to financially support these crooked televangelists, years after they have been exposed(Peter Poppov and Jim Bakker are just two of many). I saw a Poppov "Miracle Spring Water" commercial just last night.   I think these people are needing something to fulfill them so bad that they are more than willing to shut off all rational thought just to believe a warm, fuzzy message with zero proof and zero eveidence.  Maybe they are compensating for some kind of loss or trauma in their lives. I used to feel sorry for these poor gullibles but no longer. By refusing to think critically, they deserve what they get.

Write Poppov for your "Miracle Spring Water ," boys ....   lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Gitback Coach
(08-06-2021, 10:50 AM)ronald reagan Wrote: Well, I left the republican party long before Trump. But... I still run in republican circles and regularly attend GOP functions. I have seen so many psychos gather in one room.

I walked in wearing my Reagan/Bush 84 t-shirt one day.. and an older lady said to me (keep in mind, I'm 38yo), thinking I was making a fashion statement, apparently... "you're too young to know anything about Reagan. but let me just tell you -- never in my entire life did I think we'd have another man like him again. A man as honest and godly as Reagan was.  Or as good at his job!"

It's simple what the Trumpsters want a Leader or a King hard to defend that.
  • Gitback Coach
Boy I tell one thing the Trumpsters sure got some Crazy Ones.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1424750470845943808

Please send all Donations to the Leader
  • Gitback Coach
(08-06-2021, 11:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Some striking similarities in the Trump Cult and what you see with indoctrinated evangelicals who continue to financially support these crooked televangelists, years after they have been exposed(Peter Poppov and Jim Bakker are just two of many). I saw a Poppov "Miracle Spring Water" commercial just last night.   I think these people are needing something to fulfill them so bad that they are more than willing to shut off all rational thought just to believe a warm, fuzzy message with zero proof and zero eveidence.  Maybe they are compensating for some kind of loss or trauma in their lives. I used to feel sorry for these poor gullibles but no longer. By refusing to think critically, they deserve what they get.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend they said. Trump is by no means perfect. Neither were any of the others who served this land as President. He's certainly not the scum bag you and RR are trying to paint. NO amount of jeering and mocking would cause the vast majority of conservatives to question their own faculties. And where proof is concerned, the left who've played both fireman and arsonist, haven't proven so much as a parking violation against MR Trump, much less the more serious of their charges against him. ABTW, though you guys have sidestepped it every single time, the resistance which was formally announced by the media and the CBC, started before his presidency and was fought in plain sight for the world to see. I saw the lack of substance and idiotics and lies which daily represented 'the news.'

Further under Biden's leadership of a sort, all aspects of this nation's business across the board, have taken a nose dive except for an inflation riddled stock market.

In short there's a lot of disgust in the wind about right now. And you can believe the disgust is not limited to self absorbed leftists who have no problem with believing their own lies and rejecting as idiots, anybody who doesn't follow suit. In other words call me arrogant, but I do not feel intellectually inferior to any of the BGR squad, to include RR. But hey, since reality is now subjective, high fives all around!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes to the OP.
(08-09-2021, 03:58 PM)TheRealThing Wrote:
(08-06-2021, 11:55 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: Some striking similarities in the Trump Cult and what you see with indoctrinated evangelicals who continue to financially support these crooked televangelists, years after they have been exposed(Peter Poppov and Jim Bakker are just two of many). I saw a Poppov "Miracle Spring Water" commercial just last night.   I think these people are needing something to fulfill them so bad that they are more than willing to shut off all rational thought just to believe a warm, fuzzy message with zero proof and zero eveidence.  Maybe they are compensating for some kind of loss or trauma in their lives. I used to feel sorry for these poor gullibles but no longer. By refusing to think critically, they deserve what they get.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend they said. Trump is by no means perfect. Neither were any of the others who served this land as President. He's certainly not the scum bag you and RR are trying to paint. NO amount of jeering and mocking would cause the vast majority of conservatives to question their own faculties. And where proof is concerned, the left who've played both fireman and arsonist, haven't proven so much as a parking violation against MR Trump, much less the more serious of their charges against him. ABTW, though you guys have sidestepped it every single time, the resistance which was formally announced by the media and the CBC, started before his presidency and was fought in plain sight for the world to see. I saw the lack of substance and idiotics and lies which daily represented 'the news.'

Further under Biden's leadership of a sort, all aspects of this nation's business across the board, have taken a nose dive except for an inflation riddled stock market.

In short there's a lot of disgust in the wind about right now. And you can believe the disgust is not limited to self absorbed leftists who have no problem with believing their own lies and rejecting as idiots, anybody who doesn't follow suit. In other words call me arrogant, but I do not feel intellectually inferior to any of the BGR squad, to include RR. But hey, since reality is now subjective, high fives all around!
" Biden's leadership of a sort, all aspects of this nation's business across the board, have taken a nose dive except for an inflation riddled stock market" 
TRT so under your Leader the stock market rise was the best thing to happen to this country since slice bread. Now your enemy is in charge a real American it's not that good it "inflation riddled" See there you go again stretching the truth.
TRT the reason your Leader never got caught the last 4 years he was in charge of the police. The truth will come out but I don't think you will believe it anyway.

Also TRT I forgot your Leader was also in charge of the Jury(Trumpsters in Congress)
"Just say that the election was corrupt + leave the rest to me and the R. Congressmen," Trump said
Isn't that basically what he wanted Ukraine to do "Just announce an investigation on Biden I will take care of the res"
  • Gitback Coach
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2021...ising.html

“It’s pretty clear that the Trump campaign was engaging in deceptive tactics,” said Peter Loge, the director of the Project on Ethics in Political Communication at George Washington University. “If you have to return that much money you are doing something either very wrong or very unethical.”
[-] The following 2 users Like The Outsider's post:
  • Cardfan1, Gitback Coach
Peter Loge huh? This is a sample of the thinking of Peter Loge---

"President Joe Biden promised to restore the soul of America, (right after he got through laying that soul on the altar of Baal that is), an idea he repeated during his inaugural address. For some this appeal to “civil religion” can bring the nation together with a shared moral purpose. For others, it can be exclusionary and raises concerns about “Christian nationalism” and fears about national hubris."
https://news.asu.edu/20210316-can-soul-nation-be-saved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United States was founded on Christian principles. As such it was the intention of the founders that America give due diligence to our Creator as being sovereign and His authority is to be beyond question to that end. I can certainly see how you'd want to refer to people like Loge when you commit your daily disparagements against the former President.

The soul of the nation has a lot to do with all men being created equal, and therefore to pursue happiness through the gift of freedom and equality of opportunity. And nothing at all to do with creating entire classes for sexual deviant lifestyles, legalized abortion, racial biases which lead to 'the people' making payments to said races for the foreseeable future, gender confusion and certainly not redefining Christianity in the liberal vein.

Of course a guy like Loge is going to attack Trump, and of course what he says is going to tickle the ears of a man like you Outsider. A billionaire President who BTW spent much more of his own money on his campaign than he is returning, and who did not take a salary the whole time he was in office, is not going to land himself in the slammer for what amounts for him as so much pocket change. And as usual, the charge made by Loge is a wild guess without a shred of evidence. No gimpy prof has any inside intel about any illegalities the being looked into by The DOJ or anybody else. Now, I will give you the notion that he like all other lefties, has the desire to be THE ONE to finally get rid of the DJT.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(08-09-2021, 09:24 PM)TheRealThing Wrote: Peter Loge huh? This is a sample of the thinking of Peter Loge---

"President Joe Biden promised to restore the soul of America, (right after he got through laying that soul on the altar of Baal that is), an idea he repeated during his inaugural address. For some this appeal to “civil religion” can bring the nation together with a shared moral purpose. For others, it can be exclusionary and raises concerns about “Christian nationalism” and fears about national hubris."
https://news.asu.edu/20210316-can-soul-nation-be-saved
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United States was founded on Christian principles. As such it was the intention of the founders that America give due diligence to our Creator as being sovereign and His authority is to be beyond question to that end. I can certainly see how you'd want to refer to people like Loge when you commit your daily disparagements against the former President.

The soul of the nation has a lot to do with all men being created equal, and therefore to pursue happiness through the gift of freedom and equality of opportunity. And nothing at all to do with creating entire classes for sexual deviant lifestyles, legalized abortion, racial biases which lead to 'the people' making payments to said races for the foreseeable future, gender confusion and certainly not redefining Christianity in the liberal vein.

Of course a guy like Loge is going to attack Trump, and of course what he says is going to tickle the ears of a man like you Outsider. A billionaire President who BTW spent much more of his own money on his campaign than he is returning, and who did not take a salary the whole time he was in office, is not going to land himself in the slammer for what amounts for him as so much pocket change. And as usual, the charge made by Loge is a wild guess without a shred of evidence. No gimpy prof has any inside intel about any illegalities the being looked into by The DOJ or anybody else. Now, I will give you the notion that he like all other lefties, has the desire to be THE ONE to finally get rid of the DJT.
TRT your President is about to pass the biggest Bipartisan bill for infrastructure since Eisenhower. Will create a lot of jobs and need in this country. I believe with 18 or 19 Republican votes that will leave around 31 or 32 Republicans vote against it, That's about what percentage of Trump voter's left. Very big accomplishment for Americans. I don't know if you have been on our interstates lately but they are overcrowded and need a lot of work. This is a really BIG JOB CREATOR.
All men was not created equal or had the same rights in this country TRT all white men yes.
[-] The following 2 users Like vector#1's post:
  • Cardfan1, Gitback Coach
  • Gitback Coach
Well glad to see this Trumpster Propaganda finally put to rest. It passed 99 to ZERO

• Gitback Coach
Another important date passed this week and Trump was not reinstated, Mike Lindell bombed a cyber symposium, and the Cyber Ninjas quietly returned the ballots to Arizona.

At what point are the Trumpies going to realize they have been conned?
(08-15-2021, 11:40 AM)Cardfan1 Wrote: Another important date passed this week and Trump was not reinstated,  Mike Lindell bombed a cyber symposium, and the Cyber Ninjas quietly returned the ballots to Arizona.

At what point are the Trumpies going to realize they have been conned?
Just think about this for a second. You have a salesman who sales Pillows and tells the Trumpsters he has proof the election was stolen and Trump will be reinstated Friday 13 2021. Man you can't make this stuff up. 

yes they are being conned bigly
Just more proof YES they are being Conned

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie...hp&pc=U531
(08-06-2021, 10:31 AM)The Outsider Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/...li=BBnb7Kz

This is a very interesting read.  He makes the argument, and a good one, that no, they are not being conned because for the most part, they willingly give it to him.

Trump's supporters are dedicated to him. Many of them love Donald Trump as a personal god or savior. For the most part, Trump's followers and cult members are eager to give him money and do so enthusiastically. To suggest otherwise is to take away their agency and free will.

Far too many among the Democratic Party's leadership, the mainstream media and liberals and progressives more generally continue to engage in acts of narcissism and projection where they convince themselves — despite an abundance of evidence to the contrary — that Trump's followers and other Republicans possess the same values, beliefs, temperament, values and respect for reason, democracy and critical thinking that they do. These assumptions are critical errors, likely to guarantee defeat in a struggle against fascism and authoritarianism in which the future of American democracy and society is at stake.

In the end, Trump's followers worship him both as an idol and an embodiment of their most destructive values, beliefs and behavior. He is them; they are him. To outsiders such a relationship appears pathological. For the Trump faithful, it has created a life of meaning, relieving their spiritual and emotional emptiness. This relationship dynamic is frequently found between charismatic fascist leaders and their followers.

Trump's followers are making a choice to love him. That love is not coerced, and they are not "victims" or "marks." For Trump's flock to abandon him at this stage — and perhaps ever — would feel like emotional, psychological and perhaps even physical self-harm. Very few of them will do such a thing. Trumpism is giving them life, even as it destroys them.

I've seen it in my own life. Family members, FORMER friends, and aquaintances think of this imbecile as a God-like figure that validates the feelings that they've held within them for so long. They can't ; they WON'T ;  let it go!!!
Nothing more entertaining than watching the village idiots regurgitate what their radical far-left propaganda TVs are telling them to think while they are all in on the Biden/Obama/Harris administration sh!t show with no complaints whatsoever. Galactic level brainwashed idiots.
(09-07-2021, 05:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Nothing more entertaining than watching the village idiots regurgitate what their radical far-left propaganda TVs are telling them to think while  they are all in on the Biden/Obama/Harris administration sh!t show with no complaints whatsoever. Galactic level brainwashed idiots.
And this is from a person really don't know what sex but get's advice from Cat Poop now that's a Sh!t Show
(09-07-2021, 06:21 PM)vector#1 Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 05:17 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Nothing more entertaining than watching the village idiots regurgitate what their radical far-left propaganda TVs are telling them to think while  they are all in on the Biden/Obama/Harris administration sh!t show with no complaints whatsoever. Galactic level brainwashed idiots.
And this is from a person really don't know what sex but get's advice from Cat Poop now that's a Sh!t Show
Cat Poop calls out both sides. You turds are just lying hacks. Of course you are too dumb to know the difference.