Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Recruiting?????
Been hearing that a large number of of Perry Middles softball kids will be attending Hazard next year.   With Perry being a much better softball program why did all those parents decide to leave and go take their kids to Hazard? Coach Combs must be making a lot of PT promises.
Well Perry returns most of their team next year and several are underclassmen so I’d say Hazard has 5 or 6 spots kids can start at now. The question is if Coach Ratliff is the reason kids are leaving or playing time.
(07-28-2021, 06:08 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Well Perry returns most of their team next year and several are underclassmen so I’d say Hazard has 5 or 6 spots kids can start at now. The question is if Coach Ratliff is the reason kids are leaving or playing time.
How could a high school coach be the reason a few middle school kids left if they have never played for him?
Well if the high school coach isn’t involved with the MS program that in itself is a problem. Most successful programs the HS head coach has his hands on all the middle school development process.
(07-29-2021, 01:22 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Well if the high school coach isn’t involved with the MS program that in itself is a problem. Most successful programs the HS head coach has his hands on all the middle school development process.
So is Coach Ratliff not involved with the middle school program? I heard his daughter played on it so it would be hard to believe he isn’t involved with it.
I know Bobby has and does have middle schoolers playing on the high school team. So one would think he’d be very involved. But who knows. Coach Combs is a fine coach and a great man. Wouldn’t think he’d promise something that he can’t deliver on. Some kids with the chance to play would go wherever. Can’t hardly blame them. Lots of kids do it in college. HS shouldn’t be any different I guess. But...those rules though....
(07-28-2021, 01:25 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Been hearing that a large number of of Perry Middles softball kids will be attending Hazard next year.   With Perry being a much better softball program why did all those parents decide to leave and go take their kids to Hazard? Coach Combs must be making a lot of PT promises.

I haven’t had a chance to watch them play yet and don’t know who they added, but Hazard to me is the surprise team in the region so far.  They have wins against 2 preseason top 5 teams in Jackson City and Breathitt.  Coach Combs is the front runner for coach of the year following an under .500 record last season