Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 10 Pikeville 0 in 6 innings (15th Region championship)
Johnson Central wins the 15th Region tournament 10-0 over Pikeville.

10-0 Martin County. (6)
8-0 Paintsville.
11-1 over Floyd Central. (6)
10-0 over Shelby Valley. (5)
10-0 over Pikeville. (6)

In the district & regional tournaments, JC had four mercy rule wins & won by a combined 49-1 run total.

This is JC's seventh 15th region championship in softball.

JC will play Boyle County on 6/11 @ 2pm at UK's John Kropp stadium in the state tournament.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Diogenes
Way to go JC!
JPike wins the region as expected.
(06-08-2021, 11:19 AM)jetpilot Wrote: JPike wins the region as expected.
The Paintsville Golden Blackcat Hornets won the Class 1A state football title this year.
The Paintsville Golden Blackcat Hornets won the 15th region basketball title this year.

Kids want to play with the best players they know from travel teams, all-stars/"all-state" teams & Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok.... we may not like it, but the way kids communicate today have changed the game. 

The days of home-grown kids staying in the same school system from K-12 are over.

JC has transfers in every sport & JC loses transfers in every sport.....
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
^^^KHSAA should not act like there are transfer rules and they are "enforcing" them.
Correct me if I’m wrong jet but since there was no season in 2020 couldn’t any player in the state transfer to any school and be automatically eligible if they only played a spring sport? Everyone sat out a calendar year. I believe you’re being a little hypocritical here with the amount of transfers that Pikeville gets each year. Is it only okay for Pikeville to receive transfers in your eyes? Transfers happen every year and we both know that if it weren’t for transfers both of our schools would be irrelevant or middle of the pack in our region. I can’t believe I’m taking up for Central here but how can anyone from Pikeville complain about anyone else having transfers?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ralph Furley's post:
  • Diogenes
^^^I didn't know you could transfer w/o change of address. Must not have been at the Regal Beagle when that was approved. But you are way off about Pikeville ever being irrelevant. Pikeville is a growing, thriving community if you haven't noticed.