Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
14th Region Tourney at Powell

Thumbnail(s)

Sets up the Perry vs Estill matchup, we all want. Perry knocks off the favor to win region.
(06-02-2021, 04:32 PM)14th_region_fan Wrote: Sets up the Perry vs Estill matchup, we all want. Perry knocks off the favor to win region.
I’ll take Estill by 5+ runs
(06-02-2021, 04:32 PM)14th_region_fan Wrote: Sets up the Perry vs Estill matchup, we all want. Perry knocks off the favor to win region.
The only time they played this season, at Perry Central, Estill County won 11-1. The Lady Engineers have only given up 54 runs in 35 games. It’s a major chore just to keep from being shutout but them. They’ve had 18 shutouts this season.
“Running the numbers” 
just facts, no smokescreen!

Estill RPI Ranking is #4
Perry RPI Ranking is #24

Estill 329 runs, giving up 57 in 35 games.
Perry 338 runs, giving up 108 in 36 games.

Wins over “now” District Champions:
Estill 10, scoring 99 & giving up 13
Perry 3, scoring 22 & giving up 14

Defense:
Estill 57 runs against, 46 ER, difference 11
Perry 108 runs against, 84 ER, difference 24

First of all, both teams has to get to the Championship.
Secondly, the game has to be played, but if these two play their average, Estill wins.
Perry has to play above average to win.

The numbers show Estill is the better team.

Can I get a like for my research?
Word on the street is both coaches have made a side bet on this game. If Ratliff loses he will shave his head. If West loses, he wont coach travel ball this season. Wow. That adds some fire to the rivalry.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_Rock's post:
  • Smokescreen
(06-03-2021, 10:27 AM)Smokescreen Wrote: “Running the numbers” 
just facts, no smokescreen!

Estill RPI Ranking is #4
Perry RPI Ranking is #24

Estill 329 runs, giving up 57 in 35 games.
Perry 338 runs, giving up 108 in 36 games.

Wins over “now” District Champions:
Estill 10, scoring 99 & giving up 13
Perry 3, scoring 22 & giving up 14

Defense:
Estill 57 runs against, 46 ER, difference 11
Perry 108 runs against, 84 ER, difference 24

First of all, both teams has to get to the Championship.
Secondly, the game has to be played, but if these two play their average, Estill wins.
Perry has to play above average to win.

The numbers show Estill is the better team.

Can I get a like for my research?
Estill’s 31-4 record is with a much stronger strength  of schedule than Perry’s or any other team in the 14th region tournament.  75% of their schedule is Bluegrass. When you go against the Mercer, Montgomery, Clark, Fayette, Jessamine, Madison, etc schools it’s a little different than playing vs southeast Ky schools mainly due to most having much larger enrollments.
Dont really matter when it comes down to that Championship game. Both teams will be nervous but yet fired up at the same time. Perry has played a solid schedule. Would beating Estill be an upset? Yes. But not a huge upset.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The_Rock's post:
  • LOOKAYANNER
(06-03-2021, 02:51 PM)The_Rock Wrote: Dont really matter when it comes down to that Championship game.  Both teams will be nervous but yet fired up at the same time.  Perry has played a solid schedule.  Would beating Estill be an upset? Yes.  But not a huge upset.
I respect your opinion but IMO it would most definitely be a huge upset if Estill lost in the region.
(06-03-2021, 02:51 PM)The_Rock Wrote: Dont really matter when it comes down to that Championship game.  Both teams will be nervous but yet fired up at the same time.  Perry has played a solid schedule.  Would beating Estill be an upset? Yes.  But not a huge upset.
You are delusional if you don’t think it would be a huge upset.
I just hope they both make it to the Championship game. That first meeting is totally irrelevant. Winkle vs Hughes to win the region will be a fun night in Stanton if it happens.
(06-04-2021, 04:42 PM)14th_region_fan Wrote: I just hope they both make it to the Championship game. That first meeting is totally irrelevant. Winkle vs Hughes to win the region will be a fun night in Stanton if it happens.

Not saying Estill is gonna win or anything because they still have to play the games but Winkle and Hughes met earlier in the season and Estill hit Hughes pretty hard. 11 hits 6 K. 11 runs (10 ER)

I'm sure both teams want this game. Estill is looking to get revenge on Perry from knocking them out of the region couple years ago. Perry looking to knock Estill out again.
PERRY COUNTY CENTRAL VS. ESTILL COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
ESTILL COUNTY WINS THE 14TH REGION.
Estill up 17-0 in the 2nd on Hazard
(06-05-2021, 12:46 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill up 17-0 in the 2nd on Hazard
The Lady Engineers are steamrolling!
(06-05-2021, 12:53 PM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 12:46 PM)Strikeout King Wrote: Estill up 17-0 in the 2nd on Hazard
The Lady Engineers are steamrolling!

Hazard finally gets out of the inning but not before Estill plates 20, yes you read That right 20 runs In the 2nd to take a 22-0 lead to the 3rd. This one is over. Winkle has struck out the side in each inning.
The_RockWord on the street is both coaches have made a side bet on this game.  If Ratliff loses he will shave his head.  If West loses, he wont coach travel ball this season.  Wow.  That adds some fire to the rivalry.

looks like they should have included Benny Campbell in this bet. Lol

Benny is the best coach in the region. Hands down.
And he gets overlooked a lot.
He is not coaching at one of the bigger schools in the region. Does more with less every year.
All year long all the talk is about estill and Perry.

Last time I checked Wolfe defending champion from 2019.
Would have won it in 2020
And has a shot to win it in 2021.
(06-07-2021, 09:55 PM)14th region fanman Wrote: The_RockWord on the street is both coaches have made a side bet on this game.  If Ratliff loses he will shave his head.  If West loses, he wont coach travel ball this season.  Wow.  That adds some fire to the rivalry.

looks like they should have included Benny Campbell in this bet. Lol

Benny is the best coach in the region. Hands down.
And he gets overlooked a lot.
He is not coaching at one of the bigger schools in the region. Does more with less every year.
All year long all the talk is about estill and Perry.

Last time I checked Wolfe defending champion from 2019.
Would have won it in 2020
And has a shot to win it in 2021.

Benny is a good coach. Id say Estill and Wolfe will be 1 and 2 next season. Estill returns everyone and Wolfe should be region host next season.
Estill has a really good team.
But 1 game, anything can happen.
And it did tonight.
Good luck to Wolfe County in the finals.
(06-07-2021, 10:05 PM)14th region fanman Wrote: Estill has a really good team.
But 1 game, anything can happen.
And it did tonight.
Good luck to Wolfe County in the finals.

You are correct.