Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region Tournament
Meeting will be held at Estill County on Wednesday. 

WINNERS:

53rd: Knott County Central
54th: Hazard/Perry Central 
55th: Breathitt County
56th: Estill County

RUNNER-UPS:

53rd: Letcher County Central
54th: Hazard/Perry Central
55th: Wolfe County
56th: Powell County
Hazard wins 54th. Perry runner up.
Other than Wolfe there are no easy draw in the first round. Going to be tough for whoever wins the 14th. Should be a fun one to watch.
This will be one fun tournament. Each team has a real shot to make some noise in the tournament. Its going to come down to who gets the best draw and the weather.

I'm sure some teams are wanting that Wolfe draw. Other than that Perry, Letcher and Powell will be tough outs. All three with quality wins this season.

The second round will be a heck of a matchup. Great baseball to be played the next week. Win or go home now.
1. Hazard
2. Knott
3. Estill
4. Perry
5. Breathitt
6. Letcher
7. Powell
8. Wolfe

per KHSAA RPI ratings
Sat. June 5th

11 am. Breathitt vs. Letcher
2 PM. Knott vs. Powell
5 Pm. Hazard vs. Wolfe County
8 PM. Perry Central at Estill.

Semis Monday June 7th

Championship June 8th.
Hazard vs the Perry/Estill winner in the championship game. Meehan and Dawgs win another 14th region. JMO.
Official Bracket

Thumbnail(s)

If Perry can get by the Neers, I think they beat Hazard the 3rd time around. Beating the Neers at Estill is a big IF.
I wouldn't put Breathitt Co out of this. They got the draw they wanted. Only saw Letcher one time this year @ Letcher and beat them. Now Letcher has a 3 hour bus ride on Saturday morning to play the earliest game possible.

Its ultimately going to come down to who has the best arms. I see Perry/Estill having to burn there best to get by each other just to get to the second round and Breathitt/Letcher wont be an easy out the second round.

As for the other side Hazard will get to save an arm to see Knott/Powell winner in the second arm but both will have to throw really good arms to get to the Championship.

Dependent on who starts game 1 for each team I will take my beats on the tournament then. Be a really good tournament for sure.
Estill up 8-2 going to 5th. Perry made 2 pitching changes in the 4th.
Bottom 5th.

Estill 9-4 and have runners on 1 & 2 with 0 outs.
Estill up 13-4 going to 6th.
I look for it to be an Estill/Knott championship. Estill is playing really well and has extra motivation. Knott has had Hazard's number all season.
Hazard up 7-3 over KCC top 7th. They scored 6 runs in this 7th inning. Their bats came alive since the 5th they were getting no hit until the 5th inning came around.
(06-06-2021, 08:44 PM)Bluecat Wrote: I look for it to be an Estill/Knott championship. Estill is playing really well and has extra motivation. Knott has had Hazard's number all season.
I was wrong on this one! Hazard with a big comeback for the win in this one.