Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th regional tournament
(06-03-2021, 11:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Pikeville has given up 3 fewer runs playing a much tougher schedule. All your stats sound good but hopefully we will find out on the field.
Stats don’t just sound good, they are what they are. It’s what has happened on paper. Stats can’t be ignored but you can’t totally rely on stats either. 

Pikeville has played a great schedule no doubt but the LC schedule wasn’t weak by any means.
^I love stats but Pikeville and Paintsville beating LC this year didn't care about stats or any other what-ifs or shoulda woulda couldas. Ad they absolutely are capable of doing it again and stats have nothing to do with it.
I think Dave and Darryl Sports is carrying the games live on Facebook with video and Audio.
^Thanks for the info! If you are going you better get there early for all games, not the most seating at ER!
(06-03-2021, 12:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^I love stats but Pikeville and Paintsville beating LC this year didn't care about stats or any other what-ifs or shoulda woulda couldas. Ad they absolutely are capable of doing it again and stats have nothing to do with it.
*And
(06-03-2021, 12:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^I love stats but Pikeville and Paintsville beating LC this year didn't care about stats or any other what-ifs or shoulda woulda couldas. Ad they absolutely are capable of doing it again and stats have nothing to do with it.
Neither did LC beating Pikeville and LC not throwing a top 4 pitcher against Paintsville while Painstville threw their number 1. Did that matter? Not sure but we may find out. Saying stats are meaningless is just idiotic. Saying stats mean everything as well is idiotic. With these 3 teams either team can beat the others. But Lawrence County has a edge IMO because neither Pikeville or Paintsville has seen Blevins this year.
It will take an amazing run for Paintsville or Pikeville to do it. LC has a slightly easier road and the top bracket can’t say anything.

Paintsville has the depth at pitching to get to the finals and then it’s anyone’s game. Pikeville has shown they can and have beaten the best the region has to offer. LC has as well. Going to be fun.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
(06-03-2021, 12:46 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
Neither did LC beating Pikeville and LC not throwing a top 4 pitcher against Paintsville while Painstville threw their number 1. Did that matter? Not sure but we may find out. Saying stats are meaningless is just idiotic. Saying stats mean everything as well is idiotic. With these 3 teams either team can beat the others. But Lawrence County has a edge IMO because neither Pikeville or Paintsville has seen Blevins this year.
I'm going to punch myself in the face a few times for reading your posts and then move on. If anyone wants to say hello at the tournament I'll be the guy in the maroon cap with 2 black eyes...
(06-03-2021, 12:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 12:46 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
I'm going to punch myself in the face a few times for reading your posts and then move on. If anyone wants to say hello at the tournament I'll be the guy in the maroon cap with 2 black eyes...
So you don’t understand common sense? Got it!
(06-03-2021, 12:01 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 11:35 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Pikeville has given up 3 fewer runs playing a much tougher schedule. All your stats sound good but hopefully we will find out on the field.
Stats don’t just sound good, they are what they are. It’s what has happened on paper. Stats can’t be ignored but you can’t totally rely on stats either. 

Pikeville has played a great schedule no doubt but the LC schedule wasn’t weak by any means.
Everyone is equal at the start of the tournament. All district champs are there because they deserve it. New season now. Go 3-0 you are Regional Champs. Anything else and plan your summer break. I’ll give Lawrence,Pikeville and Paintsville best odds but will beat each other up to get to championship game. On paper Belfry and Johnson Central have equal odds of getting to championship game but can’t overlook first round game by any means.
I have one question where do you find Lawrence County stats? From what I seen they have not turned in any on any of their games.
(06-03-2021, 02:09 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 12:01 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:

Everyone is equal at the start of the tournament. All district champs are there because they deserve it. New season now. Go 3-0 you are Regional Champs. Anything else and plan your summer break. I’ll give Lawrence,Pikeville and Paintsville best odds but will beat each other up to get to championship game. On paper Belfry and Johnson Central have equal odds of getting to championship game but can’t overlook first round game by any means.
^ I agree

(06-03-2021, 03:58 PM)Patriot1 Wrote: I have one question where do you find Lawrence County stats? From what I seen they have not turned in any on any of their games.
The team does their stats through the IScore app. Not sure if just anyone can see stats through that app or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fewfirstchoice's post:
  • Patriot1
Johnson Central and Belfry advance to play tomorrow
Bulldogs shut out Phelps 15-0 in 4 innings, they record 14 hits and Will Lafferty gets the shutout win.

Pikeville going with Clark on the mound against Paintsville. Looks like they’re planning on winning with Clark and throwing Lakin if they win tomorrow against Lawrence.
They aren't planning on winning they are just trying to win the tournament. If Clark can beat Paintsville again can't wait to see Lakin vs. Lawrence.
(06-05-2021, 09:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: They aren't planning on winning they are just trying to win the tournament. If Clark can beat Paintsville again can't wait to see Lakin vs. Lawrence.
I said this a couple weeks ago:

Shane will have a plan of attack and whether you agree with it or not; he doesn’t care. Tip of the cap to Shane, no matter what happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
(06-05-2021, 09:46 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 09:37 PM)jetpilot Wrote: They aren't planning on winning they are just trying to win the tournament. If Clark can beat Paintsville again can't wait to see Lakin vs. Lawrence.

Shane will have a plan of attack and whether you agree with it or not; he doesn’t care. Tip of the cap to Shane, no matter what happens.
Yes you nailed it. Painstville is ahead and I expect Lakin to throw the last couple innings. As usual I can be wrong. I am going to root for the winner of this game to win it all.
(06-05-2021, 10:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Yes you nailed it. Painstville is ahead and I expect Lakin to throw the last couple innings. As usual I can be wrong. I am going to root for the winner of this game to win it all.
Same. Both have done the unexpected and that’s how you win Championships.
(06-05-2021, 10:22 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 10:07 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Same. Both have done the unexpected and that’s how you win Championships.
Absolutely.
I am just following on twitter, looks like Pikeville had a baserunner erased, if true they haven't fixed mistakes they have made over and over all year. Anyone know the details?
Yes another runner thrown out on the basepaths. Pikeville extends their lead over the whole planet in that category.
Congrats to Paintsville and good luck in the tournament. I do not like being a Paintsville fan but I will deal with it this weekend.
(06-05-2021, 10:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Yes another runner thrown out on the basepaths. Pikeville extends their lead over the whole planet in that category.
It’s the strategy you live by. Make the other high school team make a play. I love it. It didn’t work but I love it.
Lawrence and Paintsville in other semi final match up
Semi-Finals 

Belfry vs JC 3 pm 

Lawrence vs Paintsville 6 pm
(06-05-2021, 10:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 10:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Yes another runner thrown out on the basepaths. Pikeville extends their lead over the whole planet in that category.
It’s the strategy you live by. Make the other high school team make a play. I love it. It didn’t work but I love it.
I like it too but I don't like my team leading the planet on baserunners erased.With less than 2 outs don't send unless it's a lock. But hats off to the Paintsville kid, he probably won the game with that throw.
That’s fine if you want to root for the winner of that one to win the tournament, that’s your prerogative. I’m looking forward to a great matchup. The Dawgs will be ready to play.
Lawrence County will throw Blevins Painstville I would think will throw Fugate. LC had 5 hits and 2 runs off Fugate last time while hitting a hand full of balls hard right at people. Now the question is can Paintsville score 3 runs off Blevins? If they can they probably win, if they can’t they probably lose. LC has a team that has been pretty hot at the plate. Painstvilles team has not been. Hopefully it’s a precursor to tomorrow’s game.

While I’m rooting for Lawrence County good luck to both teams and everyone left in the regional tournament. Tomorrow’s games should be 2 good ones.
I do love the aggressiveness and forcing the other team to make a play.
^^^To be clear I like it too, but my team led the world in runners erased and I don't want that.
But my hat is off to Paintsville and I may get back home tomorrow in time to see LC vs Paintsville. I am 15th all the way and will be rooting for all these guys.