Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th regional tournament
Updated with game pairings & times.  All games played @ East Ridge HS.

6/5
Johnson Central vs. Floyd Central @ 11am.
Belfry vs. Shelby Valley @ 2pm.
Lawrence County vs. Phelps @ 5pm
Pikeville vs. Paintsville @ 8pm.

Semi-finals will be on 6/6 @ 3pm & 6pm.

The finals will be played on 6/7 @ 6pm.

Projected winners
1.Pikeville
2Lawrence County
3.Belfry
4.Paintsville 

Projected Runner ups
1.Shelby Valley
2.Floyd Central
3.Phelps 
4.Johnson Central. 

When will pairings be set?
(05-31-2021, 02:47 PM)Truewords Wrote: Projected winners
1.Pikeville
2Lawrence County
3.Belfry
4.Paintsville 

Projected Runner ups
1.Shelby Valley
2.Floyd Central
3.Phelps 
4.Johnson Central. 

When will pairings be set?
Congratulations to Johnson Central on showing how little I know. District champs with great win over Paintsville
^^^Same here. Regional tournament wide open.
Great win for JC against Paintsville. They haven’t had the best team this year but they continue to fight and compete. They’ve also found a heck of a pitcher in sophomore Cameron Kelsey. He pitched 6 1/3 innings of one run ball against a tough Paintsville lineup.

The question now is what will the draw look like. Things could get really interesting if Pikeville or Lawrence draw Paintsville in the first round. Would either throw their ace? It would be a big risk not to throw Lakin or Blevins against the Tigers.
^Just my opinion but Pikeville or LC would use their #1 vs Paintsville and take their chances with JC. I could turn out to be wrong of course lol.
Teams have to throw their #1 vs Paintsville if they are available. Paintsville has the arms to win the tournament but has definitely made the road tougher.
11:00 Johnson Central vs. Floyd Central
2:00 Belfry vs. Shelby Valley

5:00 Lawrence County vs. Phelps
8:00 Pikeville vs. Paintsville
LOL
Seen this coming as soon as the final out was recorded in the 57th.
^^^Yeah thanks a lot.

Nothing against JC at all, but I will be rooting for whoever comes out of the lower bracket, for obvious reasons.

Has to be one of the best draws in the history of baseball for JC. But they are still the 4th best team in the tournament so there's that...
No love shown for Belfry... Wins over JC and LC
(06-02-2021, 08:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^Yeah thanks a lot.

Nothing against JC at all, but I will be rooting for whoever comes out of the lower bracket, for obvious reasons.

Has to be one of the best draws in the history of baseball for JC. But they are still the 4th best team in the tournament so there's that...
Could have saved some time and just asked Shawn to fill out the bracket and post it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 2000PHS's post:
  • jetpilot
I think the Johnson Central and Belfry potential match up will be interesting. Pikeville will have to throw Lakin to beat Paintsville in my opinion. Lawrence and Pikeville/Paintsville will be a dandy in the second round as well.
(06-02-2021, 09:51 PM)15thregionfan55 Wrote: No love shown for Belfry... Wins over JC and LC
It’s not a disrespect thing here with Belfry but that bottom bracket has the top 3 teams in it. Belfry has a legitimate shot of making the finals with this draw.
(06-03-2021, 09:27 AM)Dawg_fan1983 Wrote: I think the Johnson Central and Belfry potential match up will be interesting. Pikeville will have to throw Lakin to beat Paintsville in my opinion. Lawrence and Pikeville/Paintsville will be a dandy in the second round as well.
Clark has already beaten Paintsville 5-1 with a gem on 5/22 so Pikeville may throw him again. Both Lakin and Clark are capable of beating both Paintsville and LC so it will be interesting to see how their coach plays it. I would personally go with Lakin vs. Paintsville but that's just me. Like the kids say Saturday night will be "lit" lol...
(06-02-2021, 09:51 PM)15thregionfan55 Wrote: No love shown for Belfry... Wins over JC and LC
Belfry has no shot. Now prove me wrong Pirates and make it to the championship on Monday. You got the best draw you could have hoped for.
First...I believe Belfry comes out of the top part of the bracket to play in the championship Monday. 

Second...with Belfrys win against LC they’re a few things that has to be taken into account. LC didn’t throw any of their top 4 arms and in the last 4 innings of the game LC threw 2 7th graders. Belfry threw their all 3 of their top 3 arms in a 9-8 extra inning game. Give Belfry credit they won the game and Belfry is playing well right now. 

I believe Pikeville will have to throw Lakin against Painstville. This time of the year you can’t mess around. Gotta throw your best in that situation. I know Clark I great to but whoever Shane believes is his number 1 will be on the mound against Paintsville. Everyone knows Fugate will be on the mound for Painstville.
I don’t think Clark can beat LC. I think Lawrence hits the ball well and the teams know that. They will have to throw their best to beat them. But I think Pikeville throws Lakin against Paintsville because Paintsville is good enough to beat them.
(06-03-2021, 10:28 AM)Dawg_fan1983 Wrote: I don’t think Clark can beat LC. I think Lawrence hits the ball well and the teams know that. They will have to throw their best to beat them. But I think Pikeville throws Lakin against Paintsville because Paintsville is good enough to beat them.
If he can beat Paintsville giving up one run he can beat LC I promise.
This will be an outstanding tournament. The bottom bracket is loaded. We have 2 teams no one expected and have already upset a few teams. This may or may not happen in this tournament but you can’t win it if your not in it. Whoever comes out as Champ will have earned it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Truewords's post:
  • Warriorhawk17
I respect what you’re saying, I think LC hits the ball better than Paintsville.
Belfry beat JC 14-3 in 6 innings on 5/18......

The only game that matters is Floyd Central.
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pulp Fiction's post:
  • Truewords
You’re exactly right, it’s one game at a time. No team can look ahead or they will be going home. Any team can get hot and win it. You have to be able to throw it, field it and hit it or you’re going home.
(06-03-2021, 11:03 AM)Dawg_fan1983 Wrote: I respect what you’re saying, I think LC hits the ball better than Paintsville.
I respect you too. And you could be right. But they didn't on 5/11 in a loss to Paintsville. All out the window now though. I hope to be there to see Pikeville and LC on Sunday if it happens.
Absolutely, I want to watch Pikeville and Paintsville as well. This might be one of the more interesting region tournaments we have had in a while.
(06-03-2021, 10:50 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
(06-03-2021, 10:28 AM)Dawg_fan1983 Wrote: I don’t think Clark can beat LC. I think Lawrence hits the ball well and the teams know that. They will have to throw their best to beat them. But I think Pikeville throws Lakin against Paintsville because Paintsville is good enough to beat them.
If he can beat Paintsville giving up one run he can beat LC I promise.
Can Clark beat LC? Sure he can. The kid is really good but the question is can Pikeville score more runs off Blevins then LC can score off Clark? LC has a better offense than Pikeville top to bottom. Blevins is a better pitcher than Clark. So, I think if this game happens a slight advantage has to go to LC. 

P.S. with Blevins on the mound 1 run is enough about 90% of the time for LC to win. Blevins has given up I think 2 earned runs all year and only 5 total runs all year. Your not going to score much against him if at all so the opposing pitcher better not give up a crooked number. Also every starter in the LC lineup is hitting over .300 and LC has scored more runs than any other team in the region while playing less games than the other top 5 teams. Pikeville has allowed 3 fewer runs while playing one more game. Pikeville has the pitching but does Pikeville or Paintsville have enough offense to score more runs than LC with Blevins toeing the rubber. That’s the question.
You’re exactly right! That is a great way to look at it.
^^^Pikeville has given up 3 fewer runs playing a much tougher schedule. All your stats sound good but hopefully we will find out on the field.
Pikeville has played a tough schedule, that should bode well for them.
^It will certainly help, but they will have to have their best week of the year to win this. Almost
zero margin for error. Looking forward to a great tournament. Anyone carrying it on the radio?
I would probably listen to every game.