Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Estill vs Perry Round 2
By looking at schedules and records its pretty obvious who the 2 big fish are in the 14th Region Pond.  If they meet in the Region Finals or Semis, who you taking and why?  Could Perry put together a steller game to knock off the Lady Neers?
At this point Estill is head and shoulders above everyone else in the region. No one in the region has played close to them when you get down to it. Powell lost 4-0 but didn't get a player on base n 7 innings so the game wasn't that close. Breathitt lost 5-2 but Winkle didn't pitch that game. after Estill I think there's 4-5 teams that can beat each other and on a given night have a shot to beat Estill.

In no order Wolfe, Jackson, Breathitt, Knott, Perry, Letcher all these teams can beat each other and many have but none of these teams are really above the others night in night out. Should be a fun regional tournament at a small field in Stanton.
Gotta make it out of districts first and win first two games of regional tourney.

What's scary is Estill doesn't have a single senior on this year's team so what everyone sees now they'll see next season if not a lot better.
Bobby Ratliff will need a really good game plan to beat the Engineers. One that the Commodores play stellar and the Engineers play badly.
I would say Ratliff is gonna play smallball next time around. Hard to hit Winkle.
Not a good idea to bunt on winkle either. Seen a video where she made a spectacular diving catch on a bunt attempt
(05-19-2021, 03:19 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I would say Ratliff is gonna play smallball next time around.  Hard to hit Winkle.

I have watched a few games off and on in past few years with this team. Actually have got to attend a few games this year. Won’t get much by them on bunting either. Just saying from what I’ve seen the few games I saw. The corners read and crash really well.
Build them hopes up! I saw GameChanger said she had a 4 rbi night against Hazard. If she’s injured, I sure would hate to see her health. Pretty sure she is playing SS.