Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt County open?
Heard that Breathitts coach was let go.  Anyone heard why?  I thought he had done a good job.  May not be true though.
(05-15-2021, 09:28 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Heard that Breathitts coach was let go.  Anyone heard why?  I thought he had done a good job.  May not be true though.
Breathitt has some good young talent coming up but need a coach that will develop it. Not sure who will put in for this job though.
(05-15-2021, 11:38 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote:
(05-15-2021, 09:28 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Heard that Breathitts coach was let go.  Anyone heard why?  I thought he had done a good job.  May not be true though.
Breathitt has some good young talent coming up but need a coach that will develop it. Not sure who will put in for this job though.

So this is true? Breathitt is open?
(05-16-2021, 12:24 AM)Strikeout King Wrote:

(05-16-2021, 04:35 PM)hitter Wrote:
(05-16-2021, 12:24 AM)Strikeout King Wrote:

They have reached out to one coach in particular. Don’t know if he will take it or not.
Just heard today that they are after the Legend Randy Napier. The Legend may still have a few more years left in him.
(05-16-2021, 05:09 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Just heard today that they are after the Legend Randy Napier.  The Legend may still have a few more years left in him.
If Randy wanted to coach he could get a job a lot better than Breathitt. Randy isn’t going to come back to coach a middle of the pack team in the 14th region.
I think Randy’s daughter might want it.
She would be an excellent hire. Im sure her, her dad, and Brother could turn that program around. I also think her brothers wife played at Transylvania University.
(05-16-2021, 08:03 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: She would be an excellent hire.  Im sure her, her dad, and Brother could turn that program around.  I also think her brothers wife played at Transylvania University.
It’s a dangerous game to hire someone on the hope that their family will all help coach. I don’t see Randy being an assistant coach. He was one of the most animated coaches in Ky history going to be a big change just sitting on the bench making suggestions.
Well good luck to Breathitt on whomever they hire. I thought Goff had the program improving. Wouldnt be surprised to see some enter the transfer portal.
Why was Goff let go?
I heard that him and Coach Noble got into a fight in the coaches office arguing over gym time. Said Goff beat Noble up pretty bad.
Napier the guy? Who are all the applicants?
Heard Legend Randy Napier was gonna be the new coach. Heard he was also bringing along Rex Fronaphle to be his head assistant coach.
(05-25-2021, 11:11 AM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: Heard Legend Randy Napier was gonna be the new coach.  Heard he was also bringing along Rex Fronaphle to be his head assistant coach.
I know of one coach they have contacted
Why would Napier leave Perry to come to Breathitt and not contend for a regional title? Breathitt don’t have the talent to contend with the top teams in the region. The winnest coach in KY history doesn’t come out of retirement to coach a team tat is middle of the road in my opinion.
Long Live The King. Randy will turn Breathitt around.
Has he accepted the job?
(05-27-2021, 12:02 AM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: Why would Napier leave Perry to come to Breathitt and not contend for a regional title? Breathitt don’t have the talent to contend with the top teams in the region. The winnest coach in KY history doesn’t come out of retirement to coach a team tat is middle of the road in my opinion.

I know at Perry he had plenty of home grown talent to choose from, but didnt players "fall out of the sky" from time to time?
Yeah he had a few just fall out of the sky. Kendall Noble being the best one to fall. Breathitt County girl. Guess Randy has had Breathitt ties all along.
When is Breathitt going to hire?
Been hearing that The Legend Randy Napier is taking the job today.
There’s sure a lot of “been hearing” going on in this thread, lol.
When is Breathitt going to hire? I figured if Randy was taking the job he would have done so by now.
Randy is probably waiting around for the Knott Central job to open up. MORE TALENT. Rumor mill says the AD Cavanaugh Trent will be retiring due to health, Honeycutt will get his job as AD. Or Honeycutt will take BBs place. Only time will tell I suppose. Had also heard that Perry Centrals softball coach may be after the AD job in Knott since he is from there. Rumors rumors rumors.
Any more rumors or updates?
Any word on who might want this?
Any more rumors of a hiring? Season ain’t to far off.
Someone explain to me what they are doing at this point? Obviously the plan was flawed, usually when you remove a coach you have an immediate contingency plan, even if it is developed in private.
Exactly why did they not rehire Goff back? Seems he had done a good job with them his short time.