Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region update (5-10-21)
(05-31-2021, 02:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:09 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 12:13 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 10:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Wow, you are so way off it isn't even funny. I didn't know if the freshman Hall or JH Hall pitched, it doesn't even matter. It's awesome the young guys get to play against a perennial regional power and much bigger school. No bigger Pikeville fan on here or anywhere than me, my point was that JC won't see...oh hell never mind.
It’s obvious your a Pikeville fan. There’s always a shot at other teams like did damage against middle school pitching or much bigger school. Pikeville has as much talent as any school in the region. They just had few bad innings that day. Give credit where it’s due and no need to drag other schools and some of your own kids down. As far as middle school players today I think Pikeville has best group and obviously so does your coach to bring them up and play them as much as he has. Plus the juniors high Hall kid as you referred to him might be best of bunch. Oh hell never mind my opinion
You are making a mountain where there is no mole hill. I don't follow high school baseball very closely but in my experience, many good coaches like to minimize the exposure of their best (usually upper classmen) pitchers to strong, likely tournament opponents. For that reason, promising young pitchers often get experience against strong teams that they would not otherwise get.

When I played in the 70s, Paintsville had lineups that feasted on fastball pitching. They saw mostly fastball pitchers in the regular season and teams that had strong breaking ball pitchers tended to save them for the tournament games. That is no knock on the pitchers who faced Paintsville in the regular season. They got opportunities to beat the Tigers with their best pitches and they allowed their teams to save pitchers better able to exploit the Tigers' weaknesses for the tournaments. Paintsville often faced pitchers in the tournament that they never faced in the regular season. 

All jetpilot was saying is that Johnson Central will not be facing Pikeville's less experienced pitchers in the regional tournament. I don't see how anybody could take offense at the statement of a likely fact.
There is no offense taken. I understand they may not see less experienced pitchers. All I’m saying is give credit where due to both sides. Pikeville started their best. Pitched 2nd best. Johnson central was better that day. May be different story next time if they meet. No need to put an excuse in every post for losses. I must be wrong thinking this was discussion forum and if you don’t agree with someone you are offended and have to have someone come to your rescue
Nobody called me to the rescue and this is a discussion. It appeared that you took offense where none was intended. I don't parrot other people's opinions, so please recognize this as my opinion, not necessarily jetpilot's. I am a Johnson Central alumnus and I don't see how JC could have taken offense at his post.
Understood. Your opinion. Other statements were mine. No offense ever taken. I am just saying do not minimize what JC did against a very good team by facing their top 2 guys and a younger kid and pulling out the win.
(05-31-2021, 02:42 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:11 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 02:09 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 12:13 PM)Truewords Wrote: It’s obvious your a Pikeville fan. There’s always a shot at other teams like did damage against middle school pitching or much bigger school. Pikeville has as much talent as any school in the region. They just had few bad innings that day. Give credit where it’s due and no need to drag other schools and some of your own kids down. As far as middle school players today I think Pikeville has best group and obviously so does your coach to bring them up and play them as much as he has. Plus the juniors high Hall kid as you referred to him might be best of bunch. Oh hell never mind my opinion
You are making a mountain where there is no mole hill. I don't follow high school baseball very closely but in my experience, many good coaches like to minimize the exposure of their best (usually upper classmen) pitchers to strong, likely tournament opponents. For that reason, promising young pitchers often get experience against strong teams that they would not otherwise get.

When I played in the 70s, Paintsville had lineups that feasted on fastball pitching. They saw mostly fastball pitchers in the regular season and teams that had strong breaking ball pitchers tended to save them for the tournament games. That is no knock on the pitchers who faced Paintsville in the regular season. They got opportunities to beat the Tigers with their best pitches and they allowed their teams to save pitchers better able to exploit the Tigers' weaknesses for the tournaments. Paintsville often faced pitchers in the tournament that they never faced in the regular season. 

All jetpilot was saying is that Johnson Central will not be facing Pikeville's less experienced pitchers in the regional tournament. I don't see how anybody could take offense at the statement of a likely fact.
There is no offense taken. I understand they may not see less experienced pitchers. All I’m saying is give credit where due to both sides. Pikeville started their best. Pitched 2nd best. Johnson central was better that day. May be different story next time if they meet. No need to put an excuse in every post for losses. I must be wrong thinking this was discussion forum and if you don’t agree with someone you are offended and have to have someone come to your rescue
Nobody called me to the rescue and this is a discussion. It appeared that you took offense where none was intended. I don't parrot other people's opinions, so please recognize this as my opinion, not necessarily jetpilot's. I am a Johnson Central alumnus and I don't see how JC could have taken offense at his post.
Understood. Your opinion. Other statements were mine. No offense ever taken. I am just saying do not minimize what JC did against a very good team by facing their top 2 guys and a younger kid and pulling out the win.

Lakin, Tate

X

X

Clark, Brady

Two hits and no earned runs off their top two guys. Got what ended up being the winning runs off a freshman who pitched 8 innings all year, and according to Pikeville stats only one of those runs was earned. So like I said from the beginning, sloppy play from Pikeville in this one and they better clean it up fast or they will be bounced out of the 15th tourney in short order.