Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th region update (5-10-21)
Jacob Fletcher, Talan Pollock, Eli Fletcher and Braxton Davis pitched for LC tonight. Belfry won 9-8 in the bottom of the 8th.
(05-26-2021, 10:03 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-26-2021, 07:47 PM)KyBaseball16 Wrote: LC at Belfry right now, Belfry up 2-1 in the 2nd. Thoughts??????
It all depends on who has been on the mound for LC.
From what i was told. LC threw Fletcher. i may be wrong but that’s from a few sources.
Jacob Fletcher started then Talan Pollock came in. After that it was 8th grader Eli Fletcher and 8th grader Braxton Davis
Going to have to adjust 15th odds after seeing this

Pikeville 30
Paintsville 30
LC 30
Everyone else 10

No adjustment really lol
(05-26-2021, 07:47 PM)KyBaseball16 Wrote: LC at Belfry right now, Belfry up 2-1 in the 2nd. Thoughts??????
Fletcher started for LC from what I was told. Deskins started for Belfry. From there I don’t know.
^^^Great 15th coming up, maybe the best in years...
What a season the the 15th. Here’s my thoughts.
1) Pikeville
2)Paintsville
3) LC
-tied imo
4)JC and Belfry
5)Prestonsburg

I think the 15th mainly comes down to pitching this year. Who has the stronger pitching core. I think everybody’s offense is well. But pitching is a key key factor. Obviously you have pikeville with Lakin and Clark and a couple more. Paintsville with Fugate and others. LC with Blevins. I’m not 100% sure who JC has. Then Belfry with Deskins and Hall. Should be a very exciting 15th tourney.
(05-26-2021, 10:10 PM)KyBaseball16 Wrote: Belfry takes down the Mighty Lawerence County 9-8 in 8 innings. i called it a few days ago. Belfry is the dark horse of the region for me. granted lawerence did not throw their best. but neither did belfry. Belfry ends the season on a 7 game winning streak.
Lawrence County started their number 4 who’s battling back issues. Then threw 2 7th graders in the final 4innings.

So, Hall, Justice, and Deskins isn’t Belfrys best arms? Because that’s who threw for Belfry. According to everyone and the stats that’s their best arms by a good margin. LC scored earned runs against all 3 of them.

The winner in the 15th will be either Lawrence County, Pikeville, or Paintsville. JC, Prestonsburg, and Belfry could play spoiler and beat someone but none of them have the pitching to win 3 games in a hand full of days. Just the facts folks.

(05-27-2021, 02:29 AM)Ok irishcard16 Wrote:
Fletcher started for LC from what I was told. Deskins started for Belfry. From there I don’t know.
Fletcher, Pollack, Fletcher, and Davis for Lawrence County. 

Deskins, Hall, and Justice for Belfry

(05-26-2021, 10:20 PM)Dawg_fan1983 Wrote: Jacob Fletcher started then Talan Pollock came in. After that it was 8th grader Eli Fletcher and 8th grader Braxton Davis
Davis is a 7th grader.
Pikeville lost to JC 5-3 at JC. Very sloppy game and Pikeville has to clean it up and fast. Very slim margin of error for them in the tournament.
(05-27-2021, 10:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville lost to JC 5-3 at JC. Very sloppy game and Pikeville has to clean it up and fast. Very slim margin of error for them in the tournament.
Who’d Pikeville throw? I know JC threw Crum, Sartin, and Kelsey.
(05-27-2021, 11:41 PM)fewfirstchoice Wrote:
(05-27-2021, 10:43 PM)jetpilot Wrote: Pikeville lost to JC 5-3 at JC. Very sloppy game and Pikeville has to clean it up and fast. Very slim margin of error for them in the tournament.
Who’d Pikeville throw? I know JC threw Crum, Sartin, and Kelsey.
I don't know, I just followed the Pikeville Baseball twitter feed.
Lakin 2 innings
Clark 2 innings
Hall 2/3 of an inning
Duty 1/3 of an inning
Tackett one inning
^Looks like Central did damage against Jr High pitchers but won't know until Pikeville updates their stats.
I do know JC scored 3 in the 5th.

Phelps, SV and Floyd Central have made it to the 15th tourney. Paintsville will draw one of them and coast into semis. If they get a draw where they wouldn't face Pikeville or LC in the semis, the Tigers will have a huge advantage.
(05-30-2021, 03:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^Looks like Central did damage against Jr High pitchers but won't know until Pikeville updates their stats.

Phelps, SV and Floyd Central have made it to the 15th tourney. Paintsville will draw one of them and coast into semis. If they get a draw where they wouldn't face Pikeville or LC in the semis, the Tigers will have a huge advantage.
Duty is only junior high pitcher mentioned. Pitched 1/3 of an inning but obviously Simpkins has belief in him to bring him up and he has varsity experience. By your comments and diminishing the talents of that young man Pikeville lost the game on purpose. The young man has a bright future and a lot of baseball under his belt and is not your average junior high player
My Blackcats took one to the chin yesterday against rival Floyd Central in the opening round of district play.

Kudos to the Jags for showing up and ending Pburg's season earlier than they expected on their home field.

Who hosts the region tourney this year?
(05-30-2021, 09:55 PM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: My Blackcats took one to the chin yesterday against rival Floyd Central in the opening round of district play.

Kudos to the Jags for showing up and ending Pburg's season earlier than they expected on their home field.

Who hosts the region tourney this year?
East Ridge
(05-30-2021, 08:06 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 03:13 PM)jetpilot Wrote: ^Looks like Central did damage against Jr High pitchers but won't know until Pikeville updates their stats.

Duty is only junior high pitcher mentioned. Pitched 1/3 of an inning but obviously Simpkins has belief in him to bring him up and he has varsity experience. By your comments and diminishing the talents of that young man Pikeville lost the game on purpose. The young man has a bright future and a lot of baseball under his belt and is not your average junior high player
Wow, you are so way off it isn't even funny. I didn't know if the freshman Hall or JH Hall pitched, it doesn't even matter. It's awesome the young guys get to play against a perennial regional power and much bigger school. No bigger Pikeville fan on here or anywhere than me, my point was that JC won't see...oh hell never mind.
(05-30-2021, 10:49 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Wow, you are so way off it isn't even funny. I didn't know if the freshman Hall or JH Hall pitched, it doesn't even matter. It's awesome the young guys get to play against a perennial regional power and much bigger school. No bigger Pikeville fan on here or anywhere than me, my point was that JC won't see...oh hell never mind.
Anybody have a JC and Magoffin score?
(05-30-2021, 10:59 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:

JC 6, MC 0
(05-30-2021, 11:06 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 10:59 PM)irishcard16 Wrote:

JC 6, MC 0
Guess I was wrong. Lol 
I thought litteral would help them compete better than that.
^^^I did too. JC is dangerous. They have a great coach who knows how to win and you can never count them out. Not their best team this year but they are capable of sending anyone to the house.

Lakin started the game for Pikeville and gave up two runs but only one was earned. He also had three walks and actually took the loss in this one. Hall gave up the other three runs.
^Did Lakin give up any hits?

[/url]Pikeville Baseball

@PikevilleHSBSB

·
May 27

Pikeville 1 Johnson Central 1 After 1 Complete from JC. Eagles get a walk, passed ball, & chopper to even things up.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/856...normal.jpg]

Pikeville Baseball

@PikevilleHSBSB

[url=https://twitter.com/PikevilleHSBSB]

Johnson Central 2 After 2 Complete from JC. Eagles get walk, walk, error to take a 1-Run lead.
(05-31-2021, 10:14 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^Did Lakin give up any hits?

[/url]Pikeville Baseball

@PikevilleHSBSB

·
May 27

Pikeville 1 Johnson Central 1 After 1 Complete from JC. Eagles get a walk, passed ball, & chopper to even things up.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/856...normal.jpg]

Pikeville Baseball

@PikevilleHSBSB

[url=https://twitter.com/PikevilleHSBSB]

Johnson Central 2 After 2 Complete from JC. Eagles get walk, walk, error to take a 1-Run lead.
He gave up a bunt single to the nine hitter.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Coach Booth's post:
  • jetpilot
^Thanks for the info!

JC, Paintsville, Lawrence Co, Floyd Central, Pikeville, Shelby Valley, Belfry and Phelps are in the 15th tourney.
Anyone know when the draw will be and the dates of the tourney? Should be a great one.

It’s obvious your a Pikeville fan. There’s always a shot at other teams like did damage against middle school pitching or much bigger school. Pikeville has as much talent as any school in the region. They just had few bad innings that day. Give credit where it’s due and no need to drag other schools and some of your own kids down. As far as middle school players today I think Pikeville has best group and obviously so does your coach to bring them up and play them as much as he has. Plus the juniors high Hall kid as you referred to him might be best of bunch. Oh hell never mind my opinion
^^^Someone keeps missing my point and needs to chill.
(05-31-2021, 12:13 PM)Truewords Wrote:

It’s obvious your a Pikeville fan. There’s always a shot at other teams like did damage against middle school pitching or much bigger school. Pikeville has as much talent as any school in the region. They just had few bad innings that day. Give credit where it’s due and no need to drag other schools and some of your own kids down. As far as middle school players today I think Pikeville has best group and obviously so does your coach to bring them up and play them as much as he has. Plus the juniors high Hall kid as you referred to him might be best of bunch. Oh hell never mind my opinion
You are making a mountain where there is no mole hill. I don't follow high school baseball very closely but in my experience, many good coaches like to minimize the exposure of their best (usually upper classmen) pitchers to strong, likely tournament opponents. For that reason, promising young pitchers often get experience against strong teams that they would not otherwise get.

When I played in the 70s, Paintsville had lineups that feasted on fastball pitching. They saw mostly fastball pitchers in the regular season and teams that had strong breaking ball pitchers tended to save them for the tournament games. That is no knock on the pitchers who faced Paintsville in the regular season. They got opportunities to beat the Tigers with their best pitches and they allowed their teams to save pitchers better able to exploit the Tigers' weaknesses for the tournaments. Paintsville often faced pitchers in the tournament that they never faced in the regular season. 

All jetpilot was saying is that Johnson Central will not be facing Pikeville's less experienced pitchers in the regional tournament. I don't see how anybody could take offense at the statement of a likely fact.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot
(05-31-2021, 01:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:

You are making a mountain where there is no mole hill. I don't follow high school baseball very closely but in my experience, many good coaches like to minimize the exposure of their best (usually upper classmen) pitchers to strong, likely tournament opponents. For that reason, promising young pitchers often get experience against strong teams that they would not otherwise get.

When I played in the 70s, Paintsville had lineups that feasted on fastball pitching. They saw mostly fastball pitchers in the regular season and teams that had strong breaking ball pitchers tended to save them for the tournament games. That is no knock on the pitchers who faced Paintsville in the regular season. They got opportunities to beat the Tigers with their best pitches and they allowed their teams to save pitchers better able to exploit the Tigers' weaknesses for the tournaments. Paintsville often faced pitchers in the tournament that they never faced in the regular season. 

All jetpilot was saying is that Johnson Central will not be facing Pikeville's less experienced pitchers in the regional tournament. I don't see how anybody could take offense at the statement of a likely fact.
There is no offense taken. I understand they may not see less experienced pitchers. All I’m saying is give credit where due to both sides. Pikeville started their best. Pitched 2nd best. Johnson central was better that day. May be different story next time if they meet. No need to put an excuse in every post for losses. I must be wrong thinking this was discussion forum and if you don’t agree with someone you are offended and have to have someone come to your rescue
(05-31-2021, 02:09 PM)Truewords Wrote:
(05-31-2021, 01:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-30-2021, 08:06 PM)Truewords Wrote: Duty is only junior high pitcher mentioned. Pitched 1/3 of an inning but obviously Simpkins has belief in him to bring him up and he has varsity experience. By your comments and diminishing the talents of that young man Pikeville lost the game on purpose. The young man has a bright future and a lot of baseball under his belt and is not your average junior high player

There is no offense taken. I understand they may not see less experienced pitchers. All I’m saying is give credit where due to both sides. Pikeville started their best. Pitched 2nd best. Johnson central was better that day. May be different story next time if they meet. No need to put an excuse in every post for losses. I must be wrong thinking this was discussion forum and if you don’t agree with someone you are offended and have to have someone come to your rescue
Nobody called me to the rescue and this is a discussion. It appeared that you took offense where none was intended. I don't parrot other people's opinions, so please recognize this as my opinion, not necessarily jetpilot's. I am a Johnson Central alumnus and I don't see how JC could have taken offense at his post.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • jetpilot