Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Songs my daughters taught me - last music thread I will ever start
OSH and Van will disown me but I thought music was over until my girls taught me these songs.
They are smarter and prettier than I will ever be, so blessed but no more music threads from me I swear. They love all my classic music plus their music..

This brings tears to my face, beautiful song...

They didn't see this video I promise, but loved the song

My daughter, in her mid 30s now (how the hell did that happen?!?!) is more into country. My 23-year-old son wound up being more of a classic rocker like the old man. Good boy. But I do have a 15-year-old granddaughter who keeps me on my toes about current music. One of her favorites is Shawn Mendes. Here’s a really good one from him.

And she loves Bruno Mars, (who by the way I thought did a really good Super Bowl halftime show a few years ago). Here’s one from him we all heard, I liked it right from the start.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • jetpilot
I don't have any daughters to suggest a change in my musical direction but I do have three lovely, little cats.  After a three day binge awhile back on AC/DC , Def Leppard, and Boston, they let me know in no uncertain term(pissing on my laundry and climbing my draperies) that they needed a break from my rock and wanted something soothing to help them relax, maybe something classical or something with a harp. I was thinking maybe some music from "The Lion King"  but they suggested the following :

After about thirty minutes of that sh!t ,  I told them they were a bunch of pu**ies   and overly sensitive females.   I decided to play something that, in my mind, should have been a compromise.  I mean,  what would a cat enjoy more than RATT ?  I really am sensitive to my kitties' needs.  Here was my attempt at compromise:

They weren't pleased....    So, I tried again :

Great stuff guys. And OSH my daughters didn't change my musical direction, after I thought no more good music would ever come out, they got me listening to new music again. Made me feel 20 years younger lol.
(04-18-2021, 07:37 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: My daughter, in her mid 30s now (how the hell did that happen?!?!) is more into country. My 23-year-old son wound up being more of a classic rocker like the old man. Good boy. But I do have a 15-year-old granddaughter who keeps me on my toes about current music. One of her favorites is Shawn Mendes. Here’s a really good one from him.

And she loves Bruno Mars, (who by the way I thought did a really good Super Bowl halftime show a few years ago). Here’s one from him we all heard, I liked it right from the start.
OMG my youngest loves Bruno Mars! I would have never heard of him in a million years if not for her.

(04-17-2021, 11:48 PM)jetpilot Wrote: http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthr...tid=265039
Messed that one up. This is one of my faves that they love.

Not having any young kids to introduce me to their music, I must admit that I haven't listened to a lot of newer music. Hell, I thought i was going "new school" when I started listening to Pink(who I like, btw). LOL  Elton John, who is  huge supporter of new and upcoming  artists, will occasionally recommend someone and I will check them out.   I had never heard of these guys til I saw him talking about them one day:

If I had a young daughter, she probably would have liked this guy and this song:

Pink is probably my favorite of the ‘newer’ acts (although she’s been around nearly 20 years!) She’s got a rocking edge, a great voice and a sense of humor. Here’s one of my favorites by her.

I like Pink as well. But can't stand those cheap women's sweatpants with PINK plastered on the backside. Mostly see those being worn at Walmart lol...

(04-19-2021, 01:18 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Pink is probably my favorite of the ‘newer’ acts (although she’s been around nearly 20 years!) She’s got a rocking edge, a great voice and a sense of humor. Here’s one of my favorites by her.

Pink is just so incredibly talented... and yeah, I love her rocking edge.  That gal has an attitude.  Plus, she is some kind of athletic. Some of her gymnastic feats are incredible.

(04-19-2021, 01:38 PM)jetpilot Wrote: I like Pink as well. But can't stand those cheap women's sweatpants with PINK plastered on the backside. Mostly see those being worn at Walmart lol...

Yeah, I hate those damn things.  Glad I'm not the only one. Mostly worn at Walmart and mostly worn by women that you wouldn't want to see anything pink they might have.

PPP =  Picture Perfect Pink:

https://youtu.be/OpQFFLBMEPI?list=RDOpQFFLBMEPI

Her  athletism ,   dancing,  edgy sensuality all on full display :

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot