Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Songs That Must Be Cranked Up Loud(REALLY Loud!) When You're Listening ...
(05-23-2021, 12:24 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^I am on the same page with you 1000% Hoot. But I think a lot of us old school guys are on the same page with old school music.
Understood. It is a page that I prefer not to frequent. I can always Google his thread titles and find the same songs listed.  Smile
^I hear you
(05-23-2021, 12:19 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 12:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I want OSH to know someone is rating these threads 1 star. I rate all your music threads 5 stars OSH.
I feel certain Hoot nor TRT is rating your threads 1 star OSH.

Another one that must be cranked

I was expecting OSH to waste his time rating threads, JP. Sorry to see you wasting yours.  Smile

(You should have been able to have eliminated TRT from suspicion. A member cannot rate his own threads. Feel free to rate mine one star - it doesn't matter to me but I am sure that OSH would appreciate the gesture.)

The contents of this message are hidden because vector#1 is on your ignore list.
The contents of this message are hidden because Cardfan1 is on your ignore list.
The contents of this message are hidden because Old School Hound is on your ignore list.
The contents of this message are hidden because The Outsider is on your ignore list.
You are 5 star all the way Hoot.
(05-23-2021, 12:03 AM)jetpilot Wrote: I want OSH to know someone is rating these threads 1 star. I rate all your music threads 5 stars OSH.

Probably a Justin Bieber fan.   Smile    

Just curious, how does one go about rating a thread?

A little bit off topic here but even if I knew how to rate a thread, I doubt I would bother unless I really liked the topic a lot and wanted to give it a high rating. I would never give a low rating to any topic.  If it's a topic that someone felt strongly enough to write about, who am I to say that it should be rated low?  Also, I am completely baffled by those who block/ignore other posters. I don't really understand why this is done. I will never block/ignore anyone. I want to know what others have to say whether they agree with my viewpoint or not. I was actually surprised to learn that one can block/ignore other people. It will never happen on my end. I know I had barely been on here a week or two and someone had blocked me from messaging them. I was surprised and saddened that some are so locked in to believing a certain way that they don't even want to hear from someone who might see the world a bit differently. Nothing is personal with me. My observations tend to be pretty general and based on a lot of years of life experience. We all have different life experiences that help form our beliefs. I like sharing thoughts with everyone on here. Be assured, you will never be ignored or blocked by me for what you say or believe. The whole idea of ignoring sounds like something that would occur with third graders. Again, I really don't get it but I'm sure some have their reasons.

Now, back to what IS important.  Old school music ...   One of the most played classic rock songs back in my younger days.   Crank it !!!

(05-23-2021, 05:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

A little bit off topic here but even if I knew how to rate a thread, I doubt I would bother unless I really liked the topic a lot and wanted to give it a high rating. I would never give a low rating to any topic.  If it's a topic that someone felt strongly enough to write about, who am I to say that it should be rated low?  Also, I am completely baffled by those who block/ignore other posters. I don't really understand why this is done. I will never block/ignore anyone. I want to know what others have to say whether they agree with my viewpoint or not. I was actually surprised to learn that one can block/ignore other people. It will never happen on my end. I know I had barely been on here a week or two and someone had blocked me from messaging them. I was surprised and saddened that some are so locked in to believing a certain way that they don't even want to hear from someone who might see the world a bit differently. Nothing is personal with me. My observations tend to be pretty general and based on a lot of years of life experience. We all have different life experiences that help form our beliefs. I like sharing thoughts with everyone on here. Be assured, you will never be ignored or blocked by me for what you say or believe. The whole idea of ignoring sounds like something that would occur with third graders. Again, I really don't get it but I'm sure some have their reasons.

Now, back to what IS important.  Old school music ...   One of the most played classic rock songs back in my younger days.   Crank it !!!

You mean like Twitter did to Trump? hehehe  I put vector on ignore because he never added any value and he got to where he was just a complete waste of time. If you let everyone waste your time and you get zero value out of it you are defeating yourself IMO...
(05-23-2021, 10:27 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(05-23-2021, 05:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

You mean like Twitter did to Trump? hehehe  I put vector on ignore because he never added any value and he got to where he was just a complete waste of time. If you let everyone waste your time and you get zero value out of it you are defeating yourself IMO...

I appreciate the explanation. I wasn't even sure how that option worked or why people used it. I am certainly an advocate for everyone doing what they feel is best for them. I just want any of you guys to know you can message me anytime. I always look forward to what you have to say, whether I agree with it or not.  And jet,  95+%  of the time when it comes to music, I agree. I'm glad you like my music threads.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • jetpilot
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Old School Hound
  • Old School Hound
  • Old School Hound
Crank this extra-loud

(05-27-2021, 12:31 AM)jetpilot Wrote:
I wore   "Tattoo You" out. Had the vinyl.   I can remember waking up early on Sunday morning before the "Ice Bowl" game in Cincy between the Bengals and Chargers in '89 .  I cranked up "Tattoo You"  and played it all morning long. Love "Little T&A."
^^^Me too OSH, I will always read your posts in the music threads.

• Old School Hound
  • jetpilot
The Stones were gone for years and then they put this out in the depths of despair in the darkest time of the lockdown.

Yes, I tried re-wiring her, tried re-firing her
I think her engine is permanently stalled
She's so cold she's so cold
She's so cold cold cold
Like a tombstone
She's so cold, she's so cold
She's so cold cold cold like an ice cream cone
She's so cold she's so cold
Oh when I touch her, my hand just froze

(05-27-2021, 01:21 AM)jetpilot Wrote: The Stones were gone for years and then they put this out in the depths of despair in the darkest time of the lockdown.

I was getting ready to post this one. LOVE IT!!!

All that will survive a nuclear apocalypse or an asteroid impact :

Cockroaches 

the tardigrades 

the Rolling Stones !!!

• jetpilot

Bon Scott is all you nee to know
^^^If you think you know someone cooler than Bon Scott you may be an idio.....never mind
(06-04-2021, 10:56 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Bon Scott is all you nee to know

Today's music is seriously lacking in quality bagpipe playing.   lol
  • jetpilot
You will not top this one

Personal fave

This guy is coming to Pikeville and Alice Cooper is coming with him