Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2021 football schedule
(08-07-2021, 01:44 PM)Corbin Wrote:
(08-07-2021, 11:09 AM)pjdoug Wrote:
(07-24-2021, 11:29 PM)Corbin Wrote: No offense to South Laurel but that game never has had appeal to me. They had a very nice run going at one time in the early 2000’s but I’d rather play someone like a Pikeville, Belfry, or Add Mayfield back opposed to South. More often than not, it’s a guaranteed win but to me, even though wins are nice, playoff prep against a killer non district slate is more important for schools like Corbin who generally are always one of if not the favorite in their respective class.

I guess you forgot about losing to Irwin.

Clearly I didn't see as I mentioned their run.

Clearly you did when you said guaranteed win.
Nothing better than getting a Hounds dander up.lol
Sounds like camp went good.
Any shot of Bell County being a replacement now that their game in Indiana is officially canceled?
(08-09-2021, 03:38 PM)dodger Wrote: Any shot of Bell County being a replacement now that their game in Indiana is officially canceled?

No, not a chance. They have been asked last year, this year, same answer. No.
Painstville is open now, North Laurel now playing Bell County at home. Musical chairs
Paintsville would be a nice opponent. Probably be cheaper than bringing up that team from North Carolina as well. Plus, being a top rated in state school, it should help the RPI shouldn't it?
(08-09-2021, 03:38 PM)dodger Wrote: Any shot of Bell County being a replacement now that their game in Indiana is officially canceled?

Better chance of: Biden closing the border, me eating gas station sushi, someone developing a styrofoam gas can, Helen Keller flying an airplane, CNN telling the truth, Bruce Jenner producing breast milk…

(08-10-2021, 09:05 AM)Corbin Wrote: Paintsville would be a nice opponent. Probably be cheaper than bringing up that team from North Carolina as well. Plus, being a top rated in state school, it should help the RPI shouldn't it?

Not necessarily with them being a 1A school, think it depends on their schedule and how many teams they beat in classes 4A and above. They’re a quality team I say set it up rpi or no rpi everyone gotta strap up and play, these are the games that help come later in the playoffs
(08-10-2021, 09:05 AM)Corbin Wrote: Paintsville would be a nice opponent. Probably be cheaper than bringing up that team from North Carolina as well. Plus, being a top rated in state school, it should help the RPI shouldn't it?

Don’t know about expense, but it would be a great game for both teams. As for rpi they are going to have enough wins for it to help us week 10 if it’s close, a out of state team is like playing a 500 team using the math to my understanding. Hope they get it worked out.
We may have another 1A team looking for a game on the 20. Pikeville
Be nice to get a game announced so the team can begin to focus and game plan. On one hand, by waiting has also the potential of a good game because of another team having a cancellation like we did. I would hope this is figured out by the end of the week.
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR, TD Hounds
Corbin vs North Carolina prep school I reckon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • 64SUR
Christ School, NC
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-11-2021, 02:29 PM)64SUR Wrote: Christ School, NC

It was uploaded on Instagram today, it’s not on the Khsaa schedule for the team yet but that’s the word on the street. Supposed to be a good team.
  • 64SUR
Quick search on the web, from their extended record they look to be a quality program. Im ready for some football.
I reckon the games are Friday night and not Saturday. Just glad to get a team nailed down. Heard a lot of shuffling and last minute switching but anyhow, all that don't matter now. Cant wait to see what we are going to look like, hearing nothing but promising positives from practice about the offense and defense. Im pumped, I was about ready to do board drills with my little man in the yard lol, but I knew I would be in trouble lol.
  • TD Hounds
(08-11-2021, 08:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I reckon the games are Friday night and not Saturday. Just glad to get a team nailed down. Heard a lot of shuffling and last minute switching but anyhow, all that don't matter now. Cant wait to see what we are going to look like, hearing nothing but promising positives from practice about the offense and defense. Im pumped, I was about ready to do board drills with my little man in the yard lol, but I knew I would be in trouble lol.

You afraid he could take you?
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-11-2021, 09:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 08:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I reckon the games are Friday night and not Saturday. Just glad to get a team nailed down. Heard a lot of shuffling and last minute switching but anyhow, all that don't matter now. Cant wait to see what we are going to look like, hearing nothing but promising positives from practice about the offense and defense. Im pumped, I was about ready to do board drills with my little man in the yard lol, but I knew  I would be in trouble lol.

Yeah, I would be eatin grass and then laid up for about a week recovering lol. He is too big lol. I'm very proud of him and going to enjoy every minute of it this year.
  • TD Hounds
(08-11-2021, 09:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 08:54 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: I reckon the games are Friday night and not Saturday. Just glad to get a team nailed down. Heard a lot of shuffling and last minute switching but anyhow, all that don't matter now. Cant wait to see what we are going to look like, hearing nothing but promising positives from practice about the offense and defense. Im pumped, I was about ready to do board drills with my little man in the yard lol, but I knew  I would be in trouble lol.

Yeah, I would be eatin grass and then laid up for about a week recovering lol. He is too big lol. I'm very proud of him and going to enjoy every minute of it this year.

Lmao, I double dare you…
(08-11-2021, 10:00 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 09:36 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Lmao, I double dare you…

I don't think so lol. I could imagine at the hospital and being asked, Sir how did you swallow all that grass while breaking a rib lol? Looooong story Doc. It all started with a brain fart and football and well forget it, it aint worth it Doc lol.
  • TD Hounds
(08-11-2021, 10:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Lmao, I double dare you…

I don't think so lol. I could imagine at the hospital and being asked, Sir how did you swallow all that grass while breaking a rib lol? Looooong story Doc. It all started with a brain fart and football and well forget it, it aint worth it Doc lol.

I know around my house that would be a painful conversation, yet I agree with these young hounds. Lexington or bust, let’s have fun and play ball. I miss the past but excited for the future, I hope this team finds that nucleus that holds them together.
(08-11-2021, 10:57 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 10:16 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 09:26 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: You afraid he could take you?

Lmao, I double dare you…

I know around my house that would be a painful conversation, yet I agree with these young hounds. Lexington or bust, let’s have fun and play ball. I miss the past but excited for the future, I hope this team finds that nucleus that holds them together.

Well then I double dare your too…
I don't guess my team plays for a couple weeks so I'm watching 23 Blast on TV.
(08-11-2021, 11:29 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I don't guess my team plays for a couple weeks so I'm watching 23 Blast on TV.

There you go Dougie, Go Hounds!!!
(08-11-2021, 11:36 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 11:29 PM)pjdoug Wrote: I don't guess my team plays for a couple weeks so I'm watching 23 Blast on TV.

I just watched my team beat the Hounds. They better get Freeman in the next game. I think he is my cousin since my Freeman ancestors are near Cumberland Falls.
(08-11-2021, 11:43 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

I just watched my team beat the Hounds. They better get Freeman in the next game. I think he is my cousin since my Freeman ancestors are near Cumberland Falls.

We will see who gets in a dander come 8-27-21. Just saying starters will be out by the half.
(08-11-2021, 11:51 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:
(08-11-2021, 11:43 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

We will see who gets in a dander come 8-27-21.  Just saying starters will be out by the half.
Don't you mangy mutts come down here trying to steal more players. lol
Corbin's new lights are pretty wild. Navigating through Nibroc traffic last night and saw what looked like the Stone Mountain light show over at Campbell Field. Later on, the wife showed me some video of the new lighting system on the City of Corbin's facebook. I like how they strobed and flashed to the beat of the music. You don't see that very often at high school stadiums.
[-] The following 3 users Like Corbin's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, TD Hounds