Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sweet Sixteen: How Would You Rank the Teams Remaining in the NCAA Tourney?
We are now down to a field of  16 teams vying for the national championship.  How would you rank the teams  that are left from best to worst?

[Image: https://www.printyourbrackets.com/images...racket.png]

I don't think we can just look at seedings anymore in ranking the teams. For example, I have Loyola as the 4th best team left and I think both of the Oregon schools are probably better than Creighton.

How would you  rank the 16 teams and who are the four teams that you see having the best chance of reaching the Final Four?
That’s an impossible task, but here goes anyway, because this is an interesting question.

1. Gonzaga
2. Baylor
3. Alabama
4. Michigan
5. Florida St.
6. Loyola
7. USC
8. Oregon
9. Arkansas
10. Syracuse
11. UCLA
12. Oregon St.
13. Houston
14. Villanova
15. Oral Roberts
16. Creighton

I haven’t seen anything that makes me think Gonzaga is losing before the Final Four, although the USC-Oregon winner could push them in the elite 8.

Baylor-Arkansas looks like a sure bet to me to meet in regional finals, and the Bears look like they have recovered from their COVID problems so I think they are going to Final Four.

I think Loyola wins their region, they are just so fundamentally solid, and that bracket has blown up. The team that scares me there is Syracuse. I really hope they don’t stay hot, I’ve never been able to stand Boeheim.

The final bracket is the overall strongest one left, but I think Alabama is playing well enough to grab two more wins and make their first Final Four, to go along with their football national championship.

That leaves Gonzaga-Alabama and Baylor-Loyola in the finals, with Gonzaga finishing off an undefeated season by edging the Bears in the title game. Now take all this info to Vegas, and watch what happens!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Old School Hound
Those are some pretty solid picks, Van.   I also favor Loyola  , Baylor , and the Zags but not as sure about Bama. If their long-range shots aren't falling, they will fall as well. It wouldn't surprise me to see Michigan or Florida St.  getting the other FF slot.   

I think we are most likely gonna get a Gonzaga/Baylor title game  but  I'm hoping for Gonzaga/ Loyola  .
(03-25-2021, 11:57 AM)Van Hagar Wrote: That’s an impossible task, but here goes anyway, because this is an interesting question.

1. Gonzaga
2. Baylor
3. Alabama
4. Michigan
5. Florida St.
6. Loyola
7. USC
8. Oregon
9. Arkansas
10. Syracuse
11. UCLA
12. Oregon St.
13. Houston
14. Villanova
15. Oral Roberts
16. Creighton

I haven’t seen anything that makes me think Gonzaga is losing before the Final Four, although the USC-Oregon winner could push them in the elite 8.

Baylor-Arkansas looks like a sure bet to me to meet in regional finals, and the Bears look like they have recovered from their COVID problems so I think they are going to Final Four.

I think Loyola wins their region, they are just so fundamentally solid, and that bracket has blown up. The team that scares me there is Syracuse. I really hope they don’t stay hot, I’ve never been able to stand Boeheim.

The final bracket is the overall strongest one left, but I think Alabama is playing well enough to grab two more wins and make their first Final Four, to go along with their football national championship.

That leaves Gonzaga-Alabama and Baylor-Loyola in the finals, with Gonzaga finishing off an undefeated season by edging the Bears in the title game. Now take all this info to Vegas, and watch what happens!!!

This is my list to a T. But I think Gonzaga and Baylor are 1 and 2 and then after that it’s a major drop off
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Van Hagar
I agree with both of you!
Alabama is my wouldn’t surprise me if they won it all though pick. If they get hot from 3 there’s no stopping them really
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL