Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Realignment
Question for those in the know...when is the next schedule realignment? As a Floyd County native I truly feel our schools doesn’t met the enrollment guidelines for their current placement... Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne should be dropped to single A and Floyd Central who should have never been 3a in the first place should be moved to 2A...all IMO of course...I’m sure they are other schools who are playing up in class. How and when is these things looked at??
I believe after 2022 they will re do it and it will be implement beginning in 2023.
(03-27-2021, 12:01 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: I believe after 2022 they will re do it and it will be implement beginning in 2023.

If they stick to the same time table they have before, the first draft of the next alignment will come out this summer.

As for who is in what class, it has everything to do with attendance and Pburg is 2A based on numbers, Floyd Central is 3A. That only changes if numbers drop or KHSAA allows them to play up to down.
I'd be shocked to see Prestonsburg ever end up in Class A. There are only something like 32 schools in Class A now.
Perry Central needs to be 3A.
Letcher central needs to be a 3 A also.
Since Letcher and Perry needs to be in 3A go ahead and throw Harlan County in there too
They need to follow Tennessee and realign every two years....should not be a large problems since Football is the only sport that really is effected by the reclassifications.
(03-29-2021, 04:10 PM)TheBear Wrote: They need to follow Tennessee and realign every two years....should not be a large problems since Football is the only sport that really is effected by the reclassifications.
Stupidity and laziness. I've said for years, anyone who cares about the game could sit down with the numbers and a map and do it in less than 2 hours. 2 years realignment is a must.
Prestonsburg's enrollment numbers have been on a downward trend the last decade or so. I believe the last realignment required you to average 199 or less boys to be in 1A. Prestonsburg's average is 260.

Also, Betsy Layne is in 1A as of the last realignment.
Last conversation I remember having, they only take the bottom 32 schools for 1A. To my knowledge, KHSAA will only keep 32 in 1A and 6A
(03-28-2021, 09:23 PM)Footballcrazyman Wrote: Since Letcher and Perry needs to be in 3A go ahead and throw Harlan County in there too

Clay County is smaller than all of those so might as well drop them to 3A too.
Hope mayfield fans don’t see this thread. If so paperwork is in the mail to drop to 1A . Lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes 64SUR's post:
  • Hatz
I agree. It should be every two years. Schools in the mountains can decrease a lot in enrollment in two years.
Do the numbers justify Prestonsburg being reclassified to 1A or is this just somebody tired of losing in their appropriate class?
(03-31-2021, 10:27 AM)E's Army Wrote: Do the numbers justify Prestonsburg being reclassified to 1A or is this just somebody tired of losing in their appropriate class?

Prestonsburg had a male enrollment of 276 for 19-20, They are 2A.
If you're talking about Prestonsburg specifically.  They're way better off in 2A right now with who they would be playing than dropping into 1A.  Either gonna get Pikeville/Hazard or Raceland/Paintsville either direction that you go from Floyd County.  Year in, year out, nobody in their neck of the 2A woods are as good as the local 1A big dogs.