Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Eddie Creech steps down as Harlan County’s head football coach
HARLAN COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) - Harlan County will be looking for a new head football coach, as Eddie Creech is stepping down from the position after seven years at the helm. Creech confirmed this with WYMT.

Creech went 33-46 in his time at Harlan County. He led the Black Bears to the Class 5A District 8 title and Region championship in 2017, helping Harlan County to the Class 5A semifinals.

https://www.wymt.com/2021/03/22/eddie-cr...all-coach/
WOW. Didn't see that one coming, he was a class act.
That is a surprise ! Late in the year to resign. Anyone know what happen?
Nothing happened. If you know Coach Creech, you also know that he is dedicated to his family and his God. He just felt like God was leading him in another direction and he followed.

He was a dedicated and wonderful example to every single player that he coached. I will miss him terribly, but respect his choice.
[-] The following 3 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • Cardinalfootballguy, FootballFan1999, PHSForever
Great loss for the Black Bears, Harlan County, and football in general. A great role model and leader of young men. God, family, and country
Who's the front runners for this one?
This was a pretty sudden decision. To my knowledge, there aren't any applicants. But, I'm not nearly as connected as I used to be to the football program.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • FootballFan1999
Good man. Solid coach. Hard time to win at coal counties. He will be missed.
Ovie Canady come on down!!!
Really like Eddie he is a good guy!!! HC needs to pay some money and go get a good coach that can win. The talent is there to have a successful program.
Harlan County needs to follow the Middlesboro plan to hire a coach. It's an interesting story how French came to Middlesboro.
Tell the story
Has Harlan County hired a coach yet?
(04-13-2021, 08:04 PM)watcher Wrote: Has Harlan County hired a coach yet?

No I know from someone being interviewed that some interviews are going on this week. But I have no idea a timetable beyond that.
I hear they are getting ready to hire.
Dudley’s been waiting for this, don’t be surprised if some Bears are Bobcats soon
(04-15-2021, 05:35 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Dudley’s been waiting for this, don’t be surprised if some Bears are Bobcats soon

Considering what Corbin pulled off this week I wouldn't be talking a lot.
(04-15-2021, 04:36 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 05:35 AM)TD Hounds Wrote: Dudley’s been waiting for this, don’t be surprised if some Bears are Bobcats soon

Listen I didn’t mean it in a bad way, I wasn’t trying to throw shade at all. Considering what Harlan has accomplished the last couple years compared to what Dudley’s known for if I was a kid with talent and could make the move I’d leave for Bell in a heart beat. As far as what’s went down with a kid moving from Bell to Corbin I honestly got no idea what or how it happened, but some kids can’t play for Dudley that’s not a shot at him it’s just the reality of today’s society.
What did Corbin pull off this week?
A kid from Bell Co decided to move for whatever reason, no one from Corbin was involved, but apparently it doesn’t matter gonna get the blame anyway. Glass houses, rocks and such...
Any word from Harlan Co yet? New coach would probably like to be getting to work I’d imagine.
There have been a handful of applicants and interviews. I "hear" two are being seriously considered but no decision so far.
(04-15-2021, 07:48 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

Listen I didn’t mean it in a bad way, I wasn’t trying to throw shade at all.  Considering what Harlan has accomplished the last couple years compared to what Dudley’s known for if I was a kid with talent and could make the move I’d leave for Bell in a heart beat.  As far as what’s went down with a kid moving from Bell to Corbin I honestly got no idea what or how it happened, but some kids can’t play for Dudley that’s not a shot at him it’s just the reality of today’s society.

Dudley is too mean, so kids will go to Corbin, because they have a friendly coach that will coddle them. lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-27-2021, 12:23 PM)pjdoug Wrote:

Listen I didn’t mean it in a bad way, I wasn’t trying to throw shade at all.  Considering what Harlan has accomplished the last couple years compared to what Dudley’s known for if I was a kid with talent and could make the move I’d leave for Bell in a heart beat.  As far as what’s went down with a kid moving from Bell to Corbin I honestly got no idea what or how it happened, but some kids can’t play for Dudley that’s not a shot at him it’s just the reality of today’s society.

Dudley is too mean, so kids will go to Corbin, because they have a friendly coach that will coddle them. lol

LMAO, Tom is a great person and very personable off the field but if they’re coming cause they think he’s friendly, once them feet hit the turf some feelings maybe hurt pretty quick. Besides i think Corbin’s a little out of the way for most parents and kids from Harlan and some parents don’t mind Dudley’s style just because of the life lessons his style of coaching teaches and those are the type kids you want anyway
[-] The following 1 user Likes TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!
(04-27-2021, 06:11 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:

LMAO, Tom is a great person and very personable off the field but if they’re coming cause they think he’s friendly, once them feet hit the turf some feelings maybe hurt pretty quick.  Besides i think Corbin’s a little out of the way for most parents and kids from Harlan and some parents don’t mind Dudley’s style just because of the life lessons his style of coaching teaches and those are the type kids you want anyway
You know I was joking. lol
(04-27-2021, 11:05 PM)pjdoug Wrote:
(04-27-2021, 06:11 PM)TD Hounds Wrote:
(04-15-2021, 04:36 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: Considering what Corbin pulled off this week I wouldn't be talking a lot.

LMAO, Tom is a great person and very personable off the field but if they’re coming cause they think he’s friendly, once them feet hit the turf some feelings maybe hurt pretty quick.  Besides i think Corbin’s a little out of the way for most parents and kids from Harlan and some parents don’t mind Dudley’s style just because of the life lessons his style of coaching teaches and those are the type kids you want anyway
You know I was joking. lol

Lol, we’ll I’m glad I’m not the only one with a sense of humor, maybe we can liven the board up again.
[-] The following 2 users Like TD Hounds's post:
  • Bull got out!, pjdoug
(04-04-2021, 10:52 PM)E's Army Wrote: Tell the story

^ My exact thoughts
Congrats to Amos Mccreary!