Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(15) Oral Roberts 75 (2) Ohio State 72 (OT)
Holy Moly!!!

Something GOOD  is going to happen to you today!!!   That was one of the signature statements by the late televangelist, Oral Roberts.   Well, something good definitely happened to the Oral Roberts University basketball team to today.

First big upset of the tournament.  Second-seeded Buckeyes  go down to the 15-seeded  Golden Eagles.   Oral  never seemed intimidated and stayed poised down the stretch.   ORU  will face the Florida Gators next.
There are some posters on here that are big Buckeye fans. I am not one of them. I loved, loved, loved this game!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Granny Bear
I too loved watching THE Ohio State lose in the first round. Very arrogant fan base
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Van Hagar
I usually love upsets like these but I cant cheer for a school founded by a man who told his congregation if he didnt raise a certain amount of money for a hospital in a fairly short time, "God would call him home." Much like Liberty, I actually enjoy seeing ORU lose and hopefully Florida will take care of them Sunday.
(03-20-2021, 01:53 PM)clipperw Wrote: I usually love upsets like these but I cant cheer for a school founded by a man who told his congregation if he didnt raise a certain amount of money for a hospital in a fairly short time, "God would call him home." Much like Liberty, I actually enjoy seeing ORU lose and hopefully Florida will take care of them Sunday.

I respect you for mentioning that.

That was the one reason that I couldn't be totally jubilant about this result.  I agree with you about televangelists like Roberts and Falwell.  And their rotten apples didn't fall from their trees, either. Richard Roberts, Jr. and Jerry Falwell, Jr. have shown themselves to be as bad or worse.  I was rooting for the upset of Ohio State, though my enthusiasm was tempered since it came at the hands of the school named after a false prophet(the only kind of prophet there is, btw).