Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cinderella , May I Have This Dance ????
Seems like every year, there's a team or two that is invited to the Ball and makes an unexpected run to the Sweet Sixteen or even further.   Remember, George Mason and Florida Gulf Coast?  Or what about Loyola of Chicago's Final Four run in 2018?

What about this year ?   Who would be a couple of your most likely candidates to make it to at least the Sweet Sixteen and maybe beyond?

I like Winthrop  and Cal Santa Barbara  for my two most likely Cinderellas  to advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Both of these teams are really good!  I also like the paths to get them to the Sweet Sixteen.   I can see Winthrop beating a Villanova team that is minus its best player and then beating Purdue in the next game.  I can also see  UCSB beating Creighton and then Virginia.   In the Sweet Sixteen, Winthrop would probably be overmatched by Baylor and the same for the Gouchos with Gonzaga.

My two other Cinderellas  are Loyola  and  St. Bonaventure. I really like these two teams a lot but I am worried about their potential second opponents.   I believe Loyola will beat GA Tech but then they would have to get by Illinois, a tough matchup.  I believe the Bonnies can hang with LSU but then they would have to face a really good Michigan team.  

I will say this, if Loyola stuns  Illinois in game two , watch out. We could see the Ramblers in their second Final Four in the last three NCAA tourneys.

So, give me Winthrop  and UCSB  as my most likely Cinderellas to advance to the Sweet Sixteen and then watch Loyola, a team that players, coaches, and the metrics say is even better than the 2018 Final Four team.

Which Cinderellas  are you dancing with???

[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • clipperw
I've been a Winthrop fan since 2002 or so and I think with their depth they can advance to an elite 8 or maybe, just MAYBE the Final Four. I'd love to see Loyola make another run. I hope St. Bonaventure can get by LSU but I dont think they are a very deep team, but their starters are very capable. I'll be watching those teams play as long as they are in the tournament. Of those three I think St. Bonaventure is likely to have the shortest stay though I hope I'm wrong. I enjoyed watching St. Bonaventure beat UCLA in 2018.

For some reason, I think Abilene Christian has the potential to shock Texas in the first round. Colgate is a team that could pull off a shocker against Arkansas. I know their star from the 2019 tournament that gave Tennessee quite a scare is back for the Raiders. I'd love to see that.

I also wouldnt be surprised if Utah State beat Texas Tech. It's a tough matchup for the Aggies but they have a chance.
My alma mater Morehead state beats West Virginia. You might see something just saying
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I don’t think there’s a chance, but I’d love to see Iona win a game or two, just because whatever you think of Pitino personally, I think he’s one the best college coaches ever.
(03-16-2021, 09:02 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I don’t think there’s a chance, but I’d love to see Iona win a game or two, just because whatever you think of Pitino personally, I think he’s one the best college coaches ever.

No doubt. Those UK teams of his were damned fun to watch.  Good to see him back in the Dance.