Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NCAA Tournament Bracket
Louisville surprisingly doesn’t get in. I’ll bet their fans will scream conspiracy since Mitch Barnhart was committee chairman.

I’ll go with Illinois, Gonzaga, Texas and North Carolina (gotta have one shocker) as my final four, with Illinois over Gonzaga in the finals.
Baylor, Illinois, Texas and Gonzaga

Gonzaga and Illinois final

Gonzaga winning it
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I'll go with Kentucky , Duke,  Arizona, and Louisville .    Oh wait... wrong decade.  

Look,   I've seen nothing from day one to give me a single second of pause about Gonzaga.  These are not your daddy's Zaggies. From Cinderella two decades ago to one of the best programs in the game today. This is their best team yet. They have three legitimate All-American candidates in Kispert, Timme, and Suggs. No other team plays better offensive basketball than Gonzaga. They hit 64% of their two-point shots . That's the best in history to this point. They win their games by an average margin of 23 ppg, the second best win margin in a quarter century.  They have the best AEM (+37.91) in history according to KenPom.  And they are led by one of the nation's elite coaches. They have already beaten the piss out of the #2, 3, and 4 seeds in the West Region. No reason to expect any different this time. Strange things happen during bracket-busting March madness but I say the Zags will hoist the hardware in Indy.
I think I may have posted this thought already, but in a year when Kentucky isn't involved, it would be fine with me to see Gonzaga break through and win it all. An added bonus would be folks could quit bringing up Bobby Knight and IU as the last undefeated team.
(03-15-2021, 02:33 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: I'll go with Kentucky , Duke,  Arizona, and Louisville .    Oh wait... wrong decade.  

Look,   I've seen nothing from day one to give me a single second of pause about Gonzaga.  These are not your daddy's Zaggies. From Cinderella two decades ago to one of the best programs in the game today. This is their best team yet. They have three legitimate All-American candidates in Kispert, Timme, and Suggs. No other team plays better offensive basketball than Gonzaga. They hit 64% of their two-point shots . That's the best in history to this point. They win their games by an average margin of 23 ppg, the second best win margin in a quarter century.  They have the best AEM (+37.91) in history according to KenPom.  And they are led by one of the nation's elite coaches.  They have already beaten the piss out of the #2, 3, and 4 seeds in the West Region.  No reason to expect any different this time. Strange things happen during bracket-busting March madness but I say the Zags will hoist the hardware in Indy.
I wouldn't mind seeing the Zags win it, but they have gaudy stats every year due to playing mostly very week teams out west. Until they win one I will continue to doubt they win one. But yes, this could be their year. They did make their path to the Final 4 stupid easy.
(03-14-2021, 07:47 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: Louisville surprisingly doesn’t get in. I’ll bet their fans will scream conspiracy since Mitch Barnhart was committee chairman.

I’ll go with Illinois, Gonzaga, Texas and North Carolina (gotta have one shocker) as my final four, with Illinois over Gonzaga in the finals.
Literally every single person out there had Louisville in except the "committee".
They did give Gonzaga what sure looks like the easiest road to the Final Four. Can’t see anybody in that region pushing them too hard except maybe Iowa in a potential elite 8 game. I thought the East and Midwest regions were overloaded. Midwest with Illinois, Oklahoma St., Houston, West Virginia, Tennessee, San Diego St., even down to Loyola of Chicago, that’s a deep bracket. East not as deep, but four title contenders in Michigan, Texas, Alabama and Florida St.