Poll: How Many Games Will UK Win in the SEC Tournament?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
None
0%
One
33.33%
Two
0%
Three
0%
Four (SEC Tourney Champs)
66.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Many Games Will the Cats Win in the SEC Tournament???
It's gonna take  4 wins  to get them into the Big Dance.  How many will the Cats win in Nashville?
(03-07-2021, 01:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's gonna take  4 wins  to get them into the Big Dance.  How many will the Cats win in Nashville?
My guess is two.

Is your list of basketball coaches who could do as well or better than John Calipari with the same level of talent growing any longer yet?

I plan to wait until I see if next year's team takes a knee or boycotts the national anthem before I resume watching UK basketball games. Coach Calipari and the team should apologize to UK fans for this season.
(03-07-2021, 01:49 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 01:37 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: It's gonna take  4 wins  to get them into the Big Dance.  How many will the Cats win in Nashville?
My guess is two.

Is your list of basketball coaches who could do as well or better than John Calipari with the same level of talent growing any longer yet?

I plan to wait until I see if next year's team takes a knee or boycotts the national anthem before I resume watching UK basketball games. Coach Calipari and the team should apologize to UK fans for this season.

Two wins will be a challenge. They will get Alabama if they win their first game against Mississippi State. 

I'm giving Cal a mulligan for this year. Let's see what happens next year. Will it be a return to  25+ wins  or will we see something more on par with this season? I'm thinking most likely this season will be more of an anomaly and not the start of a trend. Like most fans, I'm not judging him on knees and national anthems but on wins and titles.
I think we will return to 20+ wins, just because we should have a normal schedule with 7 or 8 gimmes in the pre-conference season. For me next year will be about if we can get back to at or near the top of the SEC. But I think it will take a change in coaching philosophy to get us back to national contention.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • jetpilot
(03-07-2021, 02:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
My guess is two.

Two wins will be a challenge. They will get Alabama if they win their first game against Mississippi State. 

I'm giving Cal a mulligan for this year. Let's see what happens next year. Will it be a return to  25+ wins  or will we see something more on par with this season? I'm thinking most likely this season will be more of an anomaly and not the start of a trend. Like most fans, I'm not judging him on knees and national anthems but on wins and titles.
Players who are recruited to play basketball for a year at UK should focus on honing their basketball skills. This team lacked focus and their decision to kneel for the national anthem showed a lack of character that has carried over to their play on the court.

This team has the athletic talent to play with anybody in the country and they were competitive in nearly all of their losses. A little more focus, a little more effort, and a little less selfishness would have gone a long way. Calipari has done a horrible job this season. It is hard to imagine any coach taking this team and doing much worse.
Take a guess at the number of wins.  My guess comes with a condition.

I believe the Cats will win either  1   or  4  in the Tourney. They will either beat State and lose to Bama or beat Bama and win out.

If they beat Alabama in the second game, I think they carry the confidence and momentum to the title.

(03-07-2021, 02:31 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 02:05 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
My guess is two.

Players who are recruited to play basketball for a year at UK should focus on honing their basketball skills. This team lacked focus and that has carried their decision to kneel for the national anthem showed a lack of character over to their play on the court.
[quote pid="2304101" dateline="1615138313"]

This team has the athletic talent to play with anybody in the country and they were competitive in nearly all of their losses. A little more focus, a little more effort, and a little less selfishness would have gone a long way. Calipari has done a horrible job this season. It is hard to imagine any coach taking this team and doing much worse.
[/quote]

Could not disagree with this statement more. Nothing I have seen this year leads me to conclude these young men lack character. Taking an unpopular ,but principled ,stance on the grandest stage in KY suggests to me that they are young men of character.  For the most part, they play with good effort, they cheer on their teammates, and they don't seem to be troublemakers. They still seem to play hard even after all the losses. Their biggest problem has been their poor basketball IQ. They haven't figured out the game yet. They make a lot of poor decisions during the game.  I'm rooting for them to sweep their SEC Tourney opponents and get a ticket to the Dance.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • FootballFan1999
For us to make it in the tourney we got to win all four. So I’m going with all four!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-07-2021, 10:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote: For us to make it in the tourney we got to win all four. So I’m going with all four!

I'm going to be stupid with you @Spud6 .  I say they find a way to keep Bama from going crazy from three-point range and pull the upset.
The most logical choice is  one win and out in the SEC Tourney but I'm saying they find some magic in Nashville and enter the NCAA Tourney with a record of  13-15.
(03-07-2021, 11:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 10:52 PM)Spud6 Wrote: For us to make it in the tourney we got to win all four. So I’m going with all four!

I'm going to be stupid with you @Spud6 .  I say they find a way to keep Bama from going crazy from three-point range and pull the upset.
The most logical choice is  one win and out in the SEC Tourney  but I'm saying they find some magic in Nashville and enter the NCAA Tourney with a record of  13-15.

It’s so crazy it might just work!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Looks like the poll won this bet.
So glad it's over