Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What key players are returning for another Sr. Year?
What key players will be returning for another Sr season for their teams?
Haven’t seen anyone announce a replay of their current grade yet.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
This is Bull shit and it screams where we are at in society. We place extremely to much importance on sports. What a shame
[-] The following 4 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Jarons, Runrunrun, Westside
Hopefully nobody.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I agree it is retarded. But hey this is Kentucky. Expect anything less?
(03-14-2021, 08:10 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I agree it is retarded.  But hey this is Kentucky.  Expect anything less?

You’re showing your brilliance with your vast vocabulary.
Gee sorry, didnt put a tremendous amount of thought into what I posted. I do think the rule is PURE DUMB. The kids that graduated last season were impacted the most. The ones that didnt play HS baseball. They should be allowed to play this season.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • EKUAlum05
(03-14-2021, 11:23 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 08:10 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I agree it is retarded.  But hey this is Kentucky.  Expect anything less?

I agree... Senior C/O 2020 baseball/softball/track athletes should have been considered on a case by case basis for the opportunity for a waiver but it is ridiculous that any Fall or Winter sport gets a chance to do this.

The Spring 2020 Athletes were the ones most effected and the vast majority of those kids already headed to college in Fall 2020. I don't see the reasoning behind this for the State of Kentucky when athletics by and large got to complete full seasons or are in the process of a full season.

Now if you are a State like Virginia where there was no Fall Football... I may see an argument...
(03-14-2021, 03:47 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: What key players will be returning for another Sr season for their teams?

If i'm not mistaken, I do not think the bill has actually passed yet.
(03-15-2021, 10:53 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 03:47 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: What key players will be returning for another Sr season for their teams?

If i'm not mistaken, I do not think the bill has actually passed yet.

Passed the education committee of the house and senate. Passed the senate. I believe it's being heard today in the house.
[-] The following 2 users Like FootballFan1999's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, Bull got out!
(03-15-2021, 09:41 AM)EKUAlum05 Wrote:
(03-14-2021, 11:23 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:

I agree... Senior C/O 2020 baseball/softball/track athletes should have been considered on a case by case basis for the opportunity for a waiver but it is ridiculous that any Fall or Winter sport gets a chance to do this.

The Spring 2020 Athletes were the ones most effected and the vast majority of those kids already headed to college in Fall 2020. I don't see the reasoning behind this for the State of Kentucky when athletics by and large got to complete full seasons or are in the process of a full season.

Now if you are a State like Virginia where there was no Fall Football... I may see an argument...
They didn't do it for athletics. People on here are looking through the lens of athletics. It was because an entire year of acedemics was flushed down the toilet by the governor. I'm a teacher, I know exactly what has happened to kids education and i'm in a district that was months ahead of others getting back.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Bull got out!
In that case everyone no matter the age should get another year. Education first.
My understanding was that this was focused purely on academics and that of an athlete did not meet the age requirement (For example KHSAA rules about being too old), they would not be able to participate in sports, they could only return for academics. I believe the language even specifically stated they would have to meet KHSAA standards. All sports.
Very good Bill in my opinion. Too many people not taking in consideration how many kids this has hurt. I would imagine that sports or extra curricular activities would just be to compliment the retuning students. Definitely not the focus.

(03-15-2021, 01:56 PM)PHSForever Wrote: My understanding was that this was focused purely on academics and that of an athlete did not meet the age requirement (For example KHSAA rules about being too old), they would not be able to participate in sports, they could only return for academics. I believe the language even specifically stated they would have to meet KHSAA standards. All sports.

You are correct.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • PHSForever
(03-15-2021, 01:48 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: In that case everyone no matter the age should get another year.  Education first.
That is what the bill does.
Respectfully disagree that education is the sole purpose of the bill. If education is the primary purpose of the bill, then why add section 4 of the bill, which discusses a fifth year of eligibilty. I do agree, I see the gaps in the education with my son and his classmates, but the legislature has passed this law that allow any 9-12 grade student this year to get a fifth year (From the pdf I read), as long as the student meets the KHSAA age limit; which throws all the blame back to the KHSAA. So the legislatures looks like heroes for letting students gain an extra year, but the KHSAA gets the blame for those that do not.

Do not get me wrong, I agree that a 20 year old does not need to compete against younger freshman and sophomores, but the KHSAA does allow kids to compete while 19 (if born by August 1). What is the difference between a kid born on July 31 and August1? As well as, is it equitable to the 8th graders coming up knowing possible a majority of the athletes ahead of them have another 1-4 years of eligiblity.
I really think once this bill passes today, the KHSAA should review the age limitation bylaw and amend it to allow any student-athlete covered by Senate Bill 128 the opportunity to compete in a sport, unless they turn 20 during a sports season. (Basically can not turn 20 an anypoint of a sports season, so you may be eligible for football but not basketball.)

Sorry for being on soapbox, but never should have had athletics in the bill.
Great post TheBear. There is nothing that anyone can say that will convince me that a kid should be allowed to have a fifth year of eligibility in any sport. If the kids want to retake a year for educational purposes I agree but that kids Eligibility should be remote for that year. We played a complete football season and we crowned 6 state champions. Nobody should get a redo for sports
[-] The following 3 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • Hoot Gibson, Runrunrun, TheBear
As long as the age limit doesn't change, I don't have a big problem with it.
The bill basically just gives the kids who didn't hold back in grade school another chance to get that extra year.
I've always thought it was lame you could game the system to get an extra year by holding back in grade school.
But as it stands, it just extends the same provisions we've given to grade school kids to kids of all ages.
[-] The following 1 user Likes zaga_fan's post:
  • Bull got out!
Maybe they should cut it off at 18 since you are considered an adult anyway. Needs to be a nationwide rule. Nobody should be staying back for sports period. Probably not for academics either. Either you get it or you dont. To many options in the system.
Hats off to those who choose to use this to their advantage. Any real athlete or competitor would give the eye teeth to have one more chance. My main thing is if a player stays back, make sure you lead your team because you know a feeling they will soon enough, playing that last game is a bad taste to a competitor.
(03-16-2021, 06:53 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Hats off to those who choose to use this to their advantage.  Any real athlete or competitor would give the eye teeth to have one more chance.  My main thing is if a player stays back, make sure you lead  your team because you know a feeling they will soon enough, playing that last game is a bad taste to a competitor.
But anyone who wants their child to get ahead in life would not want to delay that a year and fall behind peers they will competing with in the marketplace for the rest of their lives for a few high school football games.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Hatz
(03-16-2021, 07:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote:
(03-16-2021, 06:53 PM)Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote: Hats off to those who choose to use this to their advantage.  Any real athlete or competitor would give the eye teeth to have one more chance.  My main thing is if a player stays back, make sure you lead  your team because you know a feeling they will soon enough, playing that last game is a bad taste to a competitor.
But anyone who wants their child to get ahead in life would not want to delay that a year and fall behind peers they will competing with in the marketplace for the rest of their lives for a few high school football games.

I agree with that also, this rule will not affect my children but I support those that choose to.  Those extra football games may be a difference in a child getting a education paid for or one that may not go to school.
(03-16-2021, 07:41 PM)jetpilot Wrote:

Can we all just be realistic and see that in the grand scheme of things this bill probably isn’t going to significantly effect the majority? If getting ahead in life by graduating early was the goal then we’d have more kids graduate early and work harder to take more credits. Most kids who are gonna get scholarships will have probably already gotten them. (Emphasis on most). If a kid wants to come back one more year and his age allows it.. then great. If a kid wants to go on to college or the work place and things it’s dumb.. then great. That’s the beauty of having a choice and living in this country. Too many people are bent out of shape over a bill that’s likely not going to have a significant impact either way.
[-] The following 4 users Like FootballFan1999's post:
  • Bossdaddy 4115, Bull got out!, Josiewales, Lone Ranger