Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville Football Names New Coach
Officially announced on Facebook, they have hired Trevor Hoskins- the QB coach at University of Pikeville.
Trevor was a standout at UPIKE as a QB.

This name totally comes out of left field but a awesome hire by Paintsville. He’ll do great and folks with fall in love with him.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spud6's post:
  • Josiewales
Is he local ?? Where did he play his high school ball?
(03-07-2021, 08:23 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Is he local ?? Where did he play his high school ball?

Middlesboro High School. But went to UPIKE then went back to Middlesboro to coach after he graduated and then ended up helping at UPIKE as QB coach.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
(03-07-2021, 08:35 PM)Spud6 Wrote:
(03-07-2021, 08:23 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: Is he local ?? Where did he play his high school ball?

Middlesboro High School. But went to UPIKE then went back to Middlesboro to coach after he graduated and then ended up helping at UPIKE as QB coach.
Middlesboro then EKU for 2 seasons, then transferred to UPike, graduated, back to Middlesboro, back to UPike and now Paintsville. He was at EKU when Al Holland was QB.
All indications is that this was a great hire, only time will tell. I can understand his move from college to high school. He is a young guy with a young family and to get to the point in college coaching where it pays all the bills would most likely require jumping around a lot until you get your big break. That life is taxing and very demanding. Hopefully Paintsville is his family's home for the next 30+ years.
(03-07-2021, 10:57 PM)2000PHS Wrote: All indications is that this was a great hire, only time will tell.  I can understand his move from college to high school.  He is a young guy with a young family and to get to the point in college coaching where it pays all the bills would most likely require jumping around a lot until you get your big break.  That life is taxing and very demanding.  Hopefully Paintsville is his family's home for the next 30+ years.

I think it very well could be. He has lived and played the spread his whole career. So what Paintsville likes to do with the one back set is right up his alley and probably what he’d like most in his playbook. 

Also great for the kids at Paintsville because he has a lot of connections with UPIKE and maybe still EKU to potentially get these kids to college playing football!
#BBFL
Great hire for Paintsville, Hoskins has a good football mind and is a good guy.
I’d like to hear some Middlesboro folks weigh in on Coach Hoskins
#BBFL
Great hire, IMO.

He has some talent to work with next fall and Paintsville should be able to be a preseason top 5 team in Class A.
It’s very hard to follow someone that had as much success as Chirico. We will see how it goes. Wishing him and family best of luck
Will he teach, or does he work outside of the school system?
Imagine being this young man....coming in after Paintsville wins its first state championship.Talk about big shoes to fill.I’m hoping the best for him and let’s keep our fingers crossed that all the talk about the tiggers Pond going dry is just talk
(03-08-2021, 08:37 AM)Slic Ric Wrote: Will he teach, or does he work outside of the school system?

I’m pretty sure he’s an educator
#BBFL