Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
North Laurel @ Lexington Catholic 03/06
Thoughts and predictions
North Laurel 19-0
Lexington Catholic 18-0
(03-04-2021, 12:49 AM)64SUR Wrote: North Laurel 19-0
Lexington Catholic 18-0
Expecting a great game, will be very interesting to see how NL stacks up against LC on LC’s home floor. Could be a preview of of a couple of the stronger teams that could make a run to the Sweet 16 at Rupp and maybe meet again in the Big show. Also a matchup of two of the top 5 or 10 players in the state,  Johnson and Shepherd. I am guessing someone from the  Ky staff will be there to get a look at Shepherd....Great matchup!
I think I'm looking forward to this one more than any UK game this year.   I'm  hoping North Laurel rolls into Corbin next Friday night 23-0 on the season. I just don't think it will happen.  I look for North to suffer their first setback on the year against a very strong Catholic team. I think it may very well be a double digit loss. The Knights are very talented and always very fundamentally sound. The Jags have a very good Ashland team to play first. If they look ahead to LexCath too soon, they may leave Lexington with two losses. I'm hoping I am wrong and that Shepherd and Davidson and the boys bring home a couple of wins.
I’m torn here. I’d love to see them win both, of course, but do you really need the added weight of an undefeated season heading into the tournaments? Lex. Catholic is in the same boat. And, of course even if they win both, North still has to go to surging Corbin next Friday. I’m gonna predict a split for North, but I’m not sure which game will be the loss.
(03-04-2021, 07:20 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I’m torn here. I’d love to see them win both, of course, but do you really need the added weight of an undefeated season heading into the tournaments? Lex. Catholic is in the same boat. And, of course even if they win both, North still has to go to surging Corbin next Friday. I’m gonna predict a split for North, but I’m not sure which game will be the loss.

Who knows how it will play out in this odd season?  I've about given up predicting anything. My best guess is that they will split these games in Lexington  and win the rest of their games in the regular season fairly comfortably. I know one thing, I'll be watching this weekend and next. The Cats haven't offered up much  to get excited about this season but the Jags have been scintillating. Hope they keep it rolling(except for next Friday).
Does anyone know if you’ll be able to get tickets at the game?
Wonder if Cal takes this game in himself?
I'm guessing if you don't already have a ticket or know you're on a pass list, then you're not getting into this game.
I’m sure not. Being televised at 2 tomorrow on the CW Lexington.
(03-05-2021, 12:17 PM)Van Hagar Wrote: I’m sure not. Being televised at 2 tomorrow on the CW Lexington.

VH,   if you were able to watch only one game, which would it be -  Cats and Cocks  or  Jags and Knights  ?
Best matchup of year so far. I think Lex Cath is a little better, but anything is possible.
Oh I’d definitely skip the Cock watching and get down to the real game. I didn’t realize it, but in KSR this morning they said Lex Cath’s best player, Ben Johnson, is now the all-time leading scorer there. That’s a big accomplishment, because they have a great basketball history. He has signed with Bellarmine.

Also, Ashland has a sophomore named Colin Porter that will play against North tonight that is considered one of the top in the state in that class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Van Hagar's post:
  • Old School Hound
Are any of these games being televised or live streamed?