Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland
fewfirstchoice Wrote:3A (in no particular order)

Mercer County
Glasgow
Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland
I don't see Larwrence, Belfry or Paducah Tilghman in the mix at this point.    DeSales, potentially Russell, and maybe Bell
Not sure who will be the coach at PT but if it is anybody with a pulse they should be really good given all they bring back. They will have the most talent in WKY for a couple years to come
(03-02-2021, 08:10 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Mercer County
Glasgow
Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland
I don't see Larwrence, Belfry or Paducah Tilghman in the mix at this point.    DeSales, potentially Russell, and maybe Bell
Lawrence County was a top 15 team last year,only lost one player that contributed bring back 100% of their offensive put out and probably 95% of their defensive out our. So, LC is going to be really good.  

Belfry is Belfry. 

PT returns a lot from a good team.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Mercer County
Glasgow
Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland
Lawrence County was a top 15 team last year,only lost one player that contributed bring back 100% of their offensive put out and probably 95% of their defensive out our. So, LC is going to be really good.  

Belfry is Belfry. 

Lawrence will have to do something first.  they've been down too long...and been soft for way too long....and despite what they have returning....weren't very impressive last season against a very average Belfry team.   Belfry 2021 will not be regular Belfry.   2020 wasn't regular Belfry.  Lack of physicality upfront...no fullback.  Not regular Belfry.  Paducah Tilghman should regularly be in the top 5 year in year out.  But they routinely underperform, despite having tons of athletic ability.....so its hard to put them there with a new coach coming in.
^^^Agreed. The good news is all their offense is back, the bad news is that offense scored 0 on Belfry.
(03-03-2021, 06:02 PM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
fewfirstchoice Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Mercer County
Glasgow
Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland

Belfry is Belfry. 

Lawrence will have to do something first.  they've been down too long...and been soft for way too long....and despite what they have returning....weren't very impressive last season against a very average Belfry team.   Belfry 2021 will not be regular Belfry.   2020 wasn't regular Belfry.  Lack of physicality upfront...no fullback.  Not regular Belfry.  Paducah Tilghman should regularly be in the top 5 year in year out.  But they routinely underperform, despite having tons of athletic ability.....so its hard to put them there with a new coach coming in.
I agree Lawrence County has to do something first but saying that Lawrence County was without their starting RB, middle linebacker, and 2 offensive lineman that whole game and their starting QB only played the first quarter. At half the game was 14-0 if I’m not mistaken. LC will better then many on here think.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
fewfirstchoice Wrote:
OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:

Mercer County
Glasgow
Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland

Belfry is Belfry. 

I agree Lawrence County has to do something first but saying that Lawrence County was without their starting RB, middle linebacker, and 2 offensive lineman that whole game and their starting QB only played the first quarter. At half the game was 14-0 if I’m not mistaken. LC will better then many on here think.
I saw 3 LC games via Hudl/in person from last season.   I'll leave it there.  the struggles with PC were real.   Granted, LC has quite a few coming back.  And they should be improved.  However....don't base success on what they do or don't do against Belfry.  I'm telling you.....this 2021 Belfry team will resemble an early to mid 90's team.  Belfry will be very average at best.  pretty much a full rebuild from ground up. They may be back in the mix in 2022 or 2023......but very hard to see for the 2021 season.   Realistically.....the district should be considered "wide open".....and LC may be the favorite to win it.   But the district is gonna be weak...top to bottom.   Heck...the district hasn't been good in ages.  Belfry has just been another level for so long that they've been able to mail in those games for years.   I'm guessing everyone is gonna be closer to equal footing...with the exception of Magoffin.   This coming year....Pike Central and LC will have their best shot at winning the district in who knows how long.
Bell likely isn't in the state title hunt next year, but they will be a solid top 10 team with a shot at making the state semis, depending on how the bracket breaks.
1A Paintsville
Pikeville
Raceland
Williamsburg
Newport
Hazard
2A Beechwood
Mayfield
Lexington Christian
Somerset
Murray
3A Belfry
Ashland
Desale
ETown
Paducah Tilghman
Christian A Louis
4A Boyle
Johnson Central
Lexington Catholic
Corbin
Central
Franklin Co
5A Cov Cath
Frederick Douglas
Bowling Green
Scott County
Owensboro
South Warren
Highlands
6A Trinity
Male
St X
North Hardin
Dixie Heights
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eagleland's post:
  • Blue_Bird96
If certain players return for Belfry. Move them real close or right to the top.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bucslover68's post:
  • cuppett777
For Somerset, Jerrod and Jacob Smith will be transferring to a private boarding school in Connecticut, and word is that Gavin Stevens will be transferring to Pulaski. That's arguably Somerset's top 3 players gone for what was likely to be a rebuilding year of sorts anyway. Don't expect to see them in the 2A hunt next season, then again, I'm not sure anybody besides LCA will be in the conversation.
(04-21-2021, 08:23 AM)RoShamBo Wrote: For Somerset, Jerrod and Jacob Smith will be transferring to a private boarding school in Connecticut, and word is that Gavin Stevens will be transferring to Pulaski. That's arguably Somerset's top 3 players gone for what was likely to be a rebuilding year of sorts anyway. Don't expect to see them in the 2A hunt next season, then again, I'm not sure anybody besides LCA will be in the conversation.

If Hergott comes back it will be another dog fight for the 2A title.
(04-21-2021, 01:43 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: If certain players return for Belfry.  Move them real close or right to the top.
So you're saying that these student- athletes that might return could be on their 2nd 'held back"?
(04-21-2021, 09:43 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 01:43 AM)bucslover68 Wrote: If certain players return for Belfry.  Move them real close or right to the top.
So you're saying that these student- athletes that might return could be on their 2nd 'held back"?
No one said anything about a 2nd hold back  year?   Of the kids I’m aware of who are considering another year....they are all age eligible.   So???
(04-22-2021, 12:47 AM)OutlawJoseyWales Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 09:43 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
No one said anything about a 2nd hold back  year?   Of the kids I’m aware of who are considering another year....they are all age eligible.   So???
OOOOOK  Big Grin
^^^^Everyone who graduates from Belfry needs another year of high school...let them come back!

Hahahaha KIDDING BELFRY FANS!
[-] The following 2 users Like jetpilot's post:
  • #55PirateFan, A Tribe Called Quest
(04-23-2021, 12:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^^Everyone who graduates from Belfry needs another year of high school...let them come back!

No, you're not kidding. And you're not that far off from the truth! Lol!
[-] The following 1 user Likes #55PirateFan's post:
  • jetpilot
(04-23-2021, 12:25 AM)jetpilot Wrote: ^^^^Everyone who graduates from Belfry needs another year of high school...let them come back!

LOL NO you're not  Smile

(04-23-2021, 01:31 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:

Unfortunately there will be schools/ program will take advantage for the sole purpose of athletics.... and I am sure we know a few.
(04-23-2021, 01:31 AM)#55PirateFan Wrote:

admitting it is the first step to recovery. lol

Mercer County
Glasgow
Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland
If you don't see Belfry in the mix, you likely don't see much high school football either.
(04-28-2021, 09:34 AM)jamesclay Wrote:

Mercer County
Glasgow
Bardstown
Belfry
CAL
Lawrence County
LaRue County
Elizabethtown
Paducah Tilghman
Ashland
If you don't see Belfry in the mix, you likely don't see much high school football either.
well....you keep dreamin'.  If you notice I did hedge with "at this point".   Now that Isaac Dixon has announced his return...and ...with some additional announcements coming.....Belfry will be in the mix in 2021.   But.....still some big holes to fill.   Trust me.  Been around the block way too long
With all the transfers I’ve heard and not sure if there true but some are saying bell county stud rb has transferred to Corbin if this is true I don’t see Bell winning that district. Rockcastle should come out of that district and with the pieces they have coming back I’m not sure they don’t win district even if Bell has everyone back. Rock was solid last year and should be improved this year look for them to be in the top 10 in 3A again this year.
Rockcastle's only good win was against a down Bell Co. They lost to every decent team they played. They haven't been a top 10 team in years !
This years Belfry team, and last years, couldn’t have one a game against any of the 90s teams, maybe ‘93 but I highly doubt it.
1. Lawrence County
2. Mercer County
3. Belfry
4. Ashland
5. Franklin
(07-15-2021, 09:56 AM)anthony01 Wrote: 1. Lawrence County
2. Mercer County
3. Belfry
4. Ashland
5. Franklin

A lot to unpack here.
[-] The following 2 users Like RoShamBo's post: