Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida 71 Kentucky 67
Final from Rupp.   Another potential win bites the dust.   Cats go down to their 14th loss in 22 games.
What in am about to state is very obvious, but this may be the worst UK team in my life time of at least that I can remember. Does anyone know of a worse UK team in recent history?
Maybe it's just me, and I very well could be wrong, but this group of players just don't seem to have very high basketball IQ's.  I'm not saying they are not smart kids, just that they consistently make unintelligent basketball plays. This is quite possibly the least intelligent KY team, basketball-wise, that I have seen. Just not real good basketball instincts at this point.   

Consistent pattern we've seen for much of the year =>  15  Turnovers ,  7 assists  .  That's a  sign of a team that makes very poor decisions with the basketball. Raw talent and athleticism can make up for a lot of shortcomings but lacking basketball smarts will lose you a lot of close games and I think we have seen that play out a lot this season. Just my impression.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • FootballFan1999
I think that’s 100% on the money. The talent individually is actually pretty good in my opinion, it just doesn’t mesh on the floor. We always look lost on key offensive possessions, we’ve got to upgrade at the point guard spot going forward.
(02-28-2021, 02:03 AM)Westside Wrote: What in am about to state is very obvious, but this may be the worst UK team in my life time of at least that I can remember.  Does anyone know of a worse UK team in recent history?

Eddie Sutton's final season.  They finished 13-19 in 1989.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]