Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Douglass Football 2020 Colleges and University's Recruiting Douglass Players
Attached is a photo attachment showing the logos of all 135 college's and universities who recruited Douglass football players this season. A very impressive list.

[attachment=119]
LOL and still can’t get over the hump/ win state with all those DI/ power 5 players on the roster tho.
[-] The following 4 users Like A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull, FCSPY, FootballFan1999, OutlawJoseyWales
How about just being happy that a lot of kids getting life changing opportunities for a better life. A state title is great but so is the other as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes 16BBall Fan's post:
  • Sportsdadof2
(02-27-2021, 11:56 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: How about just being happy that a lot of kids getting life changing opportunities for a better life. A state title is great but so is the other as well.
I'd say everyone is happy for those kids. 

But you present it as if it is because of Frederick Douglas those players are being recruited when the fact is those players would be recruited no matter what school they went to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Thunder Lips's post:
  • OutlawJoseyWales
16BBall Fan Wrote:Attached is a photo attachment showing the logos of all 135 college's and universities who recruited Douglass football players this season. A very impressive list.
Yep....that's impressive.  I'm guessing they need to find a quality coaching staff.  No way should they not already have a state title with as much talent that's running thru that school.    Just sayin'.
[-] The following 1 user Likes OutlawJoseyWales's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
Shade Being thrown! Lol
I don't understand the white area on the map.
Wonder which middle school kids Douglass is recruiting this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest
I hope they will also prove to be just as impressive. The list is really huge.
(02-28-2021, 11:17 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: Wonder which middle school kids Douglass is recruiting this year.
Middle school? They are going after out of county for those "graduate transfer" haha. OK in all fairness to them, they do persuade out of district kids and sell them the "Douglass is built different" and place them in CGW Academy, where they can play athletics through FDU instead of their original school. I am sure you knew that already.... Common practice for them since they opened.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
(03-01-2021, 10:01 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(02-28-2021, 11:17 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: Wonder which middle school kids Douglass is recruiting this year.
Middle school? They are going after out of county for those "graduate transfer" haha. OK in all fairness to them, they do persuade out of district kids and sell them the "Douglass is built different" and place them in CGW Academy, where they can play athletics through FDU instead of their original school. I am sure you knew that already.... Common practice for them since they opened.

Could be wrong but I think last year or this year they made a ruling if you enrolled in that program you had to stay go to the high school in your district like it was before FD was built, think I saw that somewhere. I know for a fact Coach Hawkins is making a big difference in keeping kids that live in Bryan Station district away from going to FD.
(03-01-2021, 12:34 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 10:01 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:

Could be wrong but I think last year or this year they made a ruling if you enrolled in that program you had to stay go to the high school in your district like it was before FD was built, think I saw that somewhere. I know for a fact Coach Hawkins is making a big difference in keeping kids that live in Bryan Station district away from going to FD.
You might/ probably are correct, but the fcps district AD is VERY chummy with FDU's administration and coaching staff. They have bend rules in years and will continue until FCPS upper management and KHSAA comes down on them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
If Landis was the HC they’d have won last year. McPeek can’t recruit and coach like Landis.
(03-01-2021, 01:22 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: If Landis was the HC they’d have won last year. McPeek can’t recruit and coach like Landis.

Not to sure about that Bowling Green was really good.

(03-01-2021, 01:22 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: If Landis was the HC they’d have won last year. McPeek can’t recruit and coach like Landis.

....but yes you are correct on the Landis stuff.
FDHS does have the luxury of really good players the past couple of seasons and haven't won a state title. I'm sure Coach Landis and Coach McPeek would put that blame on themselves and not the kids because that is what good coaches do. I disagree with you FootballFan1999 during a pandemic year and FDHS playing 1 quarter of football in 30+ plus days in the middle of the year credit should go to Coach McPeek and his staff. Coach McPeek seemed to do a great job this season other than not winning a title but Coach Cal knows the feeling other than 2012 with great teams not winning a title. I think FD Football has been great for Lexington because it's been so bad for a long time in terms of football other than private schools and Walker Wood run at Lafayette. I see more Lexington teams like Bryan Station doing recruiting profiles, and selling their program more since FD arrived on the scene. At the end of the day it's about helping kids and to many people on here bad mouth coaches/programs/athletes. We are lucky HS football is improving in this state and as fans should be happy that players are getting life changing opportunities. Great job FD football, LCA football, Bowling Green football, St. X, etc. for getting kids opportunities.
[-] The following 1 user Likes russellpride's post:
  • 16BBall Fan
LOL
[-] The following 2 users Like PHSFarmersMarket's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest, Big Daddy Bull
(03-01-2021, 02:01 PM)russellpride Wrote: FDHS does have the luxury of really good players the past couple of seasons and haven't won a state title. I'm sure Coach Landis and Coach McPeek would put that blame on themselves and not the kids because that is what good coaches do. I disagree with you FootballFan1999 during a pandemic year and FDHS playing 1 quarter of football in 30+ plus days in the middle of the year credit should go to Coach McPeek and his staff. Coach McPeek seemed to do a great job this season other than not winning a title but Coach Cal knows the feeling other than 2012 with great teams not winning a title. I think FD Football has been great for Lexington because it's been so bad for a long time in terms of football other than private schools and Walker Wood run at Lafayette. I see more Lexington teams like Bryan Station doing recruiting profiles, and selling their program more since FD arrived on the scene. At the end of the day it's about helping kids and to many people on here bad mouth coaches/programs/athletes. We are lucky HS football is improving in this state and as fans should be happy that players are getting life changing opportunities. Great job FD football, LCA football, Bowling Green football, St. X, etc. for getting kids opportunities.

Agree with Bowling Green, but not the other 3, those schools have players from other districts and counties. FD best 2 players in there short history came from LCA.  If McPeek went back home to Russell wonder if those kids would get the same opportunities. Yes FD is different because the FCBOE lets them be different. That is a known fact, but more power to them.
russellpride Wrote:FDHS does have the luxury of really good players the past couple of seasons and haven't won a state title. I'm sure Coach Landis and Coach McPeek would put that blame on themselves and not the kids because that is what good coaches do. I disagree with you FootballFan1999 during a pandemic year and FDHS playing 1 quarter of football in 30+ plus days in the middle of the year credit should go to Coach McPeek and his staff. Coach McPeek seemed to do a great job this season other than not winning a title but Coach Cal knows the feeling other than 2012 with great teams not winning a title. I think FD Football has been great for Lexington because it's been so bad for a long time in terms of football other than private schools and Walker Wood run at Lafayette. I see more Lexington teams like Bryan Station doing recruiting profiles, and selling their program more since FD arrived on the scene. At the end of the day it's about helping kids and to many people on here bad mouth coaches/programs/athletes. We are lucky HS football is improving in this state and as fans should be happy that players are getting life changing opportunities. Great job FD football, LCA football, Bowling Green football, St. X, etc. for getting kids opportunities.
Actually....HS Football has been very good in Kentucky for the past several years.   Yes....FDHS has raised the play in Fayette....and I agree HS football has been below average with the Lexington City Schools....but by in large....statewide.....HS football has been very good.  Consistently.    A lot of D1 talent....not just in the golden triangle...but from Pikeville to Paducah and parts thereafter.   Hopefully, you don't actually think that the few schools you mentioned are the only ones producing high quality players...and D1 talent.   If so.....you're mistaken.    HS football hasn't just suddenly started improving.   I would say from a D1 standpoint....HS Football is carrying this state in talent development.
(03-01-2021, 04:18 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 02:01 PM)russellpride Wrote: FDHS does have the luxury of really good players the past couple of seasons and haven't won a state title. I'm sure Coach Landis and Coach McPeek would put that blame on themselves and not the kids because that is what good coaches do. I disagree with you FootballFan1999 during a pandemic year and FDHS playing 1 quarter of football in 30+ plus days in the middle of the year credit should go to Coach McPeek and his staff. Coach McPeek seemed to do a great job this season other than not winning a title but Coach Cal knows the feeling other than 2012 with great teams not winning a title. I think FD Football has been great for Lexington because it's been so bad for a long time in terms of football other than private schools and Walker Wood run at Lafayette. I see more Lexington teams like Bryan Station doing recruiting profiles, and selling their program more since FD arrived on the scene. At the end of the day it's about helping kids and to many people on here bad mouth coaches/programs/athletes. We are lucky HS football is improving in this state and as fans should be happy that players are getting life changing opportunities. Great job FD football, LCA football, Bowling Green football, St. X, etc. for getting kids opportunities.

Agree with Bowling Green, but not the other 3, those schools have players from other districts and counties. FD best 2 players in there short history came from LCA.  If McPeek went back home to Russell wonder if those kids would get the same opportunities. Yes FD is different because the FCBOE lets them be different. That is a known fact, but more power to them.
You are correct about FDs two best players being from LCA. Both came up going to LCA since grade school playing in the program but Douglass likes to claim them like they weren’t developed at LCA.
If Douglas can not win one in 5a, once that move to 6a, and the Fayette co schools lock down their kids a little tighter... your going to see Douglas lose a little of its momentum if not a lot. But they have done a good job with building some excitement these first years.
Look, is everyone forgetting that Douglass is just the new Lafayette? Didn't Lafayette go to 2 finals and lose before Douglass opened? Someone in Lexington is always the #1 team in Lexington publics. Over the couse of time it moves around. Before Lafayette it was Henry Clay, before that it was Dunbar, before that it was Tates Creek. Someone is going to win, might as wel be you! They just never win the BIG one.
(03-03-2021, 04:55 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: Look, is everyone forgetting that Douglass is just the new Lafayette? Didn't Lafayette go to 2 finals and lose before Douglass opened? Someone in Lexington is always the #1 team in Lexington publics. Over the couse of time it moves around. Before Lafayette it was Henry Clay, before that it was Dunbar, before that it was Tates Creek. Someone is going to win, might as wel be you! They just never win the BIG one.

Henry Clay 1981 is the last time. To be honest I really did hate Coach Landis leaving the area, loved his passion for the game.
Give Douglas coach time, he’ll drive them into the ground just like he did Fairview. Then he’ll pack his bags and move on to another job. Same ole song and dance with these fellas
(03-03-2021, 05:31 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 04:55 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: Look, is everyone forgetting that Douglass is just the new Lafayette? Didn't Lafayette go to 2 finals and lose before Douglass opened? Someone in Lexington is always the #1 team in Lexington publics. Over the couse of time it moves around. Before Lafayette it was Henry Clay, before that it was Dunbar, before that it was Tates Creek. Someone is going to win, might as wel be you! They just never win the BIG one.

Henry Clay 1981 is the last time.  To be honest I really did hate Coach Landis leaving the area, loved his passion for the game.
2015 and 2016 Lafayette was in the finals.
(03-04-2021, 10:27 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 05:31 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:

Henry Clay 1981 is the last time.  To be honest I really did hate Coach Landis leaving the area, loved his passion for the game.
2015 and 2016 Lafayette was in the finals.
Talking about State Titles(the BIG one), yes there have been a few that has made it to the state final. Lafayette, Tates Creek, Bryan Station and Dunbar all have made it to a State final since 1981
They all have. Henry Clay in 95. Hence my point. Someone is going to be the best of the group.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull