Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playoffs
Was there a KHSAA meeting today with the playoffs as a point of discussion?
Would like to see it go back to cross-district instead of in district within the first two rounds.
To me I'd rather see it stay the way it has been. The thing I don't like about cross bracketing is it was switching districts from year to year and some teams had to travel in back to back years and some got home games in back to back years because of a odd/even year. IMO, If it's not broke don't try to fix it.
I would like to see teams meet at neutral sites after first or second round games are played. Something like Ohio does for playoffs. Im sure other states do a a well.
The schools that earn home filed advantage should have the right of playing at home. There isn’t a team in the state that couldn’t stand the game of a extra home game or two
(02-19-2021, 07:19 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: The schools that earn home filed advantage should have the right of playing at home. There isn’t a team in the state that couldn’t stand the game of a extra home game or two

Define “earn” a home game. Right now rounds 3-4 are based off of who can manipulate the RPI with their schedule the best.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Sportsdadof2
(02-19-2021, 07:31 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote:
(02-19-2021, 07:19 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: The schools that earn home filed advantage should have the right of playing at home. There isn’t a team in the state that couldn’t stand the game of a extra home game or two

Define “earn” a home game. Right now rounds 3-4 are based off of who can manipulate the RPI with their schedule the best.
That’s another thing...the RPI needs to go
[-] The following 2 users Like RAMDAD50's post:
  • CowboyDad, FootballFan1999
RAMDAD50 Wrote:
FootballFan1999 Wrote:
RAMDAD50 Wrote:The schools that earn home filed advantage should have the right of playing at home. There isn’t a team in the state that couldn’t stand the game of a extra home game or two

That’s another thing...the RPI needs to go
I agree wholeheartedly.  The RPI needs to go.   bad idea from the start.
So, just playing Devil’s Advocate, where did the RPI fail in the last two years? Was there an impact?

For example, were Boyle and JC not the top teams going into the playoffs?

So how did the RPI fail?
(02-23-2021, 10:03 AM)Hatz Wrote: So, just playing Devil’s Advocate, where did the RPI fail in the last two years?  Was there an impact? 

So how did the RPI fail?
Hazard playing Pikeville 
Paintsville playing Raceland 
Russell and a Assland 

These teams shouldn’t be playing each other in the second round of the playoffs. I know that has to do more with the in district first two rounds but it shouldn’t happen. In my opinion two teams from the East shouldn’t play the title like Taintsville and Pokémonville
(02-23-2021, 10:46 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:03 AM)Hatz Wrote: So, just playing Devil’s Advocate, where did the RPI fail in the last two years?  Was there an impact? 

So how did the RPI fail?
Hazard playing Pikeville 
Russell and a Assland 

These teams shouldn’t be playing each other in the second round of the playoffs. I know that has to do more with the in district first two rounds but it shouldn’t happen. In my opinion two teams from the East shouldn’t play the title like Taintsville and Pokémonville
Pikeville and Paintsville was clearly the two best team that year. 

You can throw Raceland in there, however there down fall is there Coaching. 

But, I could see Raceland getting shuffled out of their district with Sayre coming to Varsity and Jenkins coming back.
Hatz Wrote:So, just playing Devil’s Advocate, where did the RPI fail in the last two years?  Was there an impact? 

So how did the RPI fail?

in 2019...at one point going into the playoffs....Belfry was 8th in the RPI.   What a joke.    And Bell Co was 1st.   SOS between the two was laughable.

So how did the RPI fail?

I like RPI and the whole concept behind it. I do think it takes away the "region" part of a region title.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • HCS
Yes, on the region part - no history or tradition or consistency if the regions can move around from year to year.

So how did the RPI fail?
Hazard playing Pikeville 
Russell and a Assland 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the RPI doesn't factor until the third or fourth round, does it?

(02-23-2021, 01:58 PM)Oleballcoach Wrote:

So how did the RPI fail?
Hazard playing Pikeville 
Russell and a Assland 

Pikeville and Paintsville was clearly the two best team that year. 

You can throw Raceland in there, however there down fall is there Coaching. 

But, I could see Raceland getting shuffled out of their district with Sayre coming to Varsity and Jenkins coming back.

But Hazard beat Pikeville, correct?  So they might have been better than Hazard but you can't say 'clearly.'

Paintsville vs Raceland wasn't an RPI matchup I don't think.

Neither was Russell vs Ashland.  
I'm asking about RPI determined playoff games.  

(02-24-2021, 02:49 PM)HCS Wrote: Yes, on the region part - no history or tradition or consistency if the regions can move around from year to year.

So which do we want?  the above within the regions or the RPI in the last couple of rounds?