Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri 75 Kentucky 70
Final   from   Mizzou .     Cats falter again in the final four minutes.   5- 11   now.
I don't mind them losing if I don't have to listen to Cal.
We just suck in the last 5 minutes of the games. We have no player that we can just give the ball to and get us a basket. Can’t win games like that.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Calipari recruited a class of freshmen that on the whole were poorly coached in high school and he is a manager, not a coach. The one and done approach only works if players are fundamentally sound when they enter college. That is why Cal's players rarely make great improvements at the free throw line during their time at UK. COVID-19 has been a problem that all teams have faced and cannot be used as an excuse but it has helped teams climb the rankings that are blessed with coaches who have taught veteran players fundamentals in past seasons.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Granny Bear, Old School Hound
I coached basketball for 35+ years. I've had a couple 5th-6th grade girls teams that were more fundamentally sound than this team is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
I'm just surprised anyone still watches this garbage. They are pitiful and not fun to watch. 1926-1927 is the only time when UK had a worse 16 game start when they finished 3-13. This team is 5-11 with 8 games left and 2 against Tennessee. The NIT team in 13 was 20-8 before losing 4 out of 5 including Robert Morris to finish 21-12. Cal has only had 1 losing season as a head coach in 1988-1989 when his first UMASS team went 10-18.
(02-04-2021, 11:25 AM)Granny Bear Wrote: I coached basketball for 35+ years.  I've had a couple 5th-6th grade girls teams that were more fundamentally sound than this team is.

I've watched quite a bit of women's college basketball over the years and a lot of the women's teams execute a lot of the basketball fundamentals better than the men's teams do nowadays. Go back and look at some of those great UCONN teams under Geno. It's incredible  how much more fundamentally sound they were than this UK men's team.
I hate to say it, but this must be the worst shooting team in the history of UK basketball