Sept. 17-    Henry Clay             Home
Sept. 24-    Scott Co.                Home
Oct.  1-       Grant Co.               Away
Oct.  8-        Open
Oct. 15-     Great Crossing        Home
Oct. 22-     Montgomery Co.    Home
Oct. 29-    Boyle Co.                 Home
Nate always schedules tough. no surprise, GO BRONCOS
With the exception of Boyle Co and maybe Dunbar who's (program is on the rise), I don't see a team that would press and prepare FDU them for the December playoff/ state championship run. St. X is a scrimmage so that doesn't count.
[-] The following 1 user Likes A Tribe Called Quest's post:
  • Iam4thecats
Dunbar won’t touch them. Boyle county only test. If any.
(02-24-2021, 10:24 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote: With the exception of Boyle Co and maybe Dunbar who's  (program is on the rise), I don't see a team that would press and prepare FDU them for the December playoff/ state championship run. St. X is a scrimmage so that doesn't count.

In my opinion Scott County is the best team on there schedule, do not think they can beat team but they have alot returning from a 7-1 team and they play each other so much. Side not FD is the only team to beat SC in the last 2 years thats crazy. No way Dunbar can come within 3 tds of either.
FD will take a slight dip next season. Losing their RB, Jager, and Crowdus will hurt.
(02-27-2021, 12:48 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: FD will take a slight dip next season. Losing their RB, Jager, and Crowdus will hurt.
Agree, don't think many realize just how good and how much Jager meant to them he is like losing 3 people, but they still have like 5-6 D1 kids and good coaching if do not win 5A this year I don't know if they will. Could be going to 6A soon.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • FootballFan1999
(02-27-2021, 01:40 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 12:48 AM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: FD will take a slight dip next season. Losing their RB, Jager, and Crowdus will hurt.
Agree, don't think many realize just how good and how much Jager meant to them he is like losing 3 people, but they still have like 5-6 D1 kids and good coaching if do not win 5A this year I don't know if they will. Could be going to 6A soon.
FDU will stay in 5A as long as they can. They can't compete with the upper tier of 6A. And as long as their "buddy system" with their administration, school athletic director and the district director, FDU will stay and continue to do what they need to do  Undecided
(03-25-2021, 12:12 PM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
(02-27-2021, 01:40 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote:
FDU will stay in 5A as long as they can. They can't compete with the upper tier of 6A. And as long as their "buddy system" with their administration, school athletic director and the district director, FDU will stay and continue to do what they need to do  Undecided

Do not think they have a choice if stay or go numbers with predicate that. I think in a year or 2 both FDU, and hate it for them Great Crossing will be 6A. Do not get me wrong from top to bottom 5A is no joke, but unless you are the big 3, 6A is a no-win situation. Could be wrong but I think Scott County is the only school to win 6A other than the big 3 in the last 20 years.
  • A Tribe Called Quest
1 non district test and 1 district test. Not tough in any way.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Iam4thecats's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest
(03-25-2021, 05:20 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: 1 non district test and 1 district test. Not tough in any way.
True it is not the toughest but that is not by choice of Frederick Douglass as they are required by FCPS to play all other public schools in Lexington each year so the the game with Boyle Co. is the only game they can schedule outside of district and city games. Trust me the other schools don't want to play Douglass either that was evident this past season when they had an out due to Covid. One school had a scrimmage for their homecoming game after turning down Douglass's offer to come there for the 2nd year in a row to just get to play but they refused.
(03-25-2021, 05:51 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote:
(03-25-2021, 05:20 PM)Iam4thecats Wrote: 1 non district test and 1 district test. Not tough in any way.
True it is not the toughest but that is not by choice of Frederick Douglass as they are required by FCPS to play all other public schools in Lexington each year so the the game with Boyle Co. is the only game they can schedule outside of district and city games. Trust me the other schools don't want to play Douglass either that was evident this past season when they had an out due to Covid. One school had a scrimmage for their homecoming game after turning down Douglass's offer to come there for the 2nd year in a row to just get to play but they refused.
Well Duh? Who would want to play them in Fayette Co. with all that stacked talent, biggest underachieving team in the state the last 4 years, not picking that's just the truth, after this year I think the Fayette Co. Schools will equal out alittle better. All the transfers will be gone I guess but who knows about them.
  • A Tribe Called Quest
Coach Hawk will challenge FD for their kids now. He’s going to give them all they want in fighting for the talent in the city.
[-] The following 1 user Likes FootballFan1999's post:
  • Big Daddy Bull
And what team was that? It wasn't Lex Cath cause y"all agree to switch opponent (Scott Co/ Lafayette) so y'all can get your district game in. It wasn't Saint X cause you all had them scheduled at home, so why would they refuse to have or host an in house scrimmage for homecoming. Believe us, NO ONE is scared of FDU. You take away all y'all non district CGW kids and y'all NASA program (whatever that is) lol, apartment renting out of county kids, y'all just be another decent city program.
(03-25-2021, 09:02 PM)FootballFan1999 Wrote: Coach Hawk will challenge FD for their kids now. He’s going to give them all they want in fighting for the talent in the city.

Yes 99 agree, Coach Hawk will not set back. Heard that he hired a Coach who's sons starred at FDU the last 2 years and has another son who is really good. coming up.

(03-26-2021, 09:30 AM)A Tribe Called Quest Wrote:
And what team was that? It wasn't Lex Cath cause y"all agree to switch opponent (Scott Co/ Lafayette) so y'all can get your district game in. It wasn't Saint X cause you all had them scheduled at home, so why would they refuse to have or host an in house scrimmage for homecoming. Believe us, NO ONE is scared of FDU. You take away all y'all non district CGW kids and y'all NASA program (whatever that is) lol, apartment renting out of county kids, y'all just be another decent city program.

Whoa Tribe ease up lol, but you aren't wrong. I think he is talking about Dunbar, but I do know STX. was willing to do whatever to play and FDU refused, but you will not here about that. I seen on twitter from one of there Coaches that Scott County faked Covid to cancel the game I laughed at that one, and yes FDU is better than Scott know, but I went back and checked in the last 4 years Scott has played Cin. Moeller, Cin. Elder, Cin. LaSalle, Highlands, Male and Cov. Cath only Trinity probably has had a tougher row than that in the state. So definitely doesn't fear FDU.
[-] The following 2 users Like Big Daddy Bull's post:
  • A Tribe Called Quest, FootballFan1999